Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Decibel from UK

England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales

Postby Riseley » 04 Mar 2013, 23:54

Hi im going to Decibel for the first time this year, doing the saturday only.

First event out in Holland so cant wait... Flying into Amsterdam from Manchester, has anyone done this before??? Are the trains easy to get to Tilburg? And are there trains back to Amsterdam on the Sunday from Tilburg?

Are the trains as expensive as in England?

Not done this before so want to be prepared :)
Riseley (31)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Accelerator » 05 Mar 2013, 10:53

The trains are really easy in The Netherlands. One way Schiphol-Tilburg is €17,60. So would be like €35,- (similar to 30 Pounds). I'm not sure if you're staying at the Decibel place? But normally the last train departs around 23:30. The sunday has the same times as for example saturday or any other day.

You can check your whole trip on http://www.ns.nl with the "Reisplanner" (dutch for journeyplan).

About the flight. Yes, done it before. Should be no problem. The trainstation is also on Schiphol, that's a positive point.
Accelerator (26)
State Citizen

Postby Riseley » 05 Mar 2013, 12:41

Cheers for the fast response , staying 2 nights in Tilburg the Friday and Saturday night! So going back to Amsterdam on the Sunday! Flights to Amsterdam from Leeds-Bradford were only £29 so bargain with jet2!! Then flying return to Manchester with good old easy jet on Sunday night!!

Only doing the Saturday at decibel but can't wait!
Riseley (31)
State Senior Citizen

Postby GolGotha » 05 Mar 2013, 13:18

I know this may seem like common sense, but try and leave as soon as it's finished. There will be about 60,000 people trying to leave the same event and trains will not wait for people.

Also, make sure you bring plenty of lotion, last year it was about 38 - 40c.
GolGotha (29)
Miss Super Boobs

Postby Riseley » 05 Mar 2013, 13:34

Cheers for the advice about the mass of people trying to get in the trains at once! I have a room in Tilburg after the event so will be heading back the next day when hopefully things have calmed down ;)
Riseley (31)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Accelerator » 05 Mar 2013, 14:45

Riseley:Cheers for the advice about the mass of people trying to get in the trains at once! I have a room in Tilburg after the event so will be heading back the next day when hopefully things have calmed down ;)

The sunday will be quiet on Tilburg train station. Don't worry about that. Just make sure that you depart on time. Trains to Schiphol are down quite a lot. For more questions, DM me. :wave:
Accelerator (26)
State Citizen

Postby Pivotphone » 05 Mar 2013, 16:00

From my experiences with trains in netherlands they are actually quite expensive ( similar to uk trains) I spent 90€ at hardbass for trains, Worst bit didn't get checked once!
Pivotphone
State Senior Citizen

Postby MC'2 » 05 Mar 2013, 23:05

Pivotphone:From my experiences with trains in netherlands they are actually quite expensive ( similar to uk trains) I spent 90€ at hardbass for trains, Worst bit didn't get checked once!

Yeah youll find them to be similar in price but they run like clockwork so make sure your on time with them
MC'2
State Tourist

Postby Riseley » 06 Mar 2013, 01:33

So you need to book trains in advance as opposed to buying at the station on the day??
Riseley (31)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Accelerator » 06 Mar 2013, 10:25

Riseley:So you need to book trains in advance as opposed to buying at the station on the day??

On the station is fine.

And about the 90€, damn.. what have you done man? Just buy a ticket from the place where you are to the place where you go to. That's all. Highest price i've ever seen was around 45€.
Accelerator (26)
State Citizen

Postby DjVero » 06 Mar 2013, 10:52

Maybe he bought first-class tickets from Groningen to Maastricht? :+ But I've never seen them that expensive either :O
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby Pivotphone » 06 Mar 2013, 18:00

Sorry should have been clearer, that was from

Amsterdam > Steenwijk 24€
Steenwijk > Arhem 20€
Arhem > Steenwijk 20€
Steenwijk > Amsterdam 24€

soon adds up :S
Pivotphone
State Senior Citizen

Postby DjVero » 06 Mar 2013, 18:20

Ah, that makes sense. But why did you go through Steenwijk to Arnhem, that's like a huge de-tour :? It would've been much easier and cheaper if you went through Utrecht or something...
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby Pivotphone » 06 Mar 2013, 18:25

I was staying at a mates house in Steenwikj. Went there two days before the actual event. I can't talk about everyone else but i found the trains actually quite confusing becuase I THINK there was some work on the tracks so we had to swap trains a few times, luckily My mates who has been to Holland before was better prepared! :rofl:
Pivotphone
State Senior Citizen

Postby Riseley » 06 Mar 2013, 20:22

So its not a straight through train to Tilburg, do you change at Rotterdam or something like that?
Riseley (31)
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles