Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

The Harderstate Music Awards 2016 - THE VOTING

For news, announcements, suggestions or other talk related to the site itself

Postby DjVero » 21 Feb 2017, 19:50

Nightstalker:Well, really really sad for me to hear/say this but only 24 members (the year before it was much more) voted this/last year at the Harderstate Music Awards (2016) :(
Unfortunately there will be no results video/annoucement because about the less votes what we have, for this/next years voting the HST team will sit together and find maybe a better/"easier" option about our voting tool / to get maybe more voters again!
If we have again a less number of voters i'll close this chapter, not really worth it if you invest your free time in something where almost nobody care about it :\
That's all for the moment, thx to the people who have voted anyways
- Nightstalker

Imo just a logical result of the forum slowly dying. Activity used to be a lot more back in the days. About myself, I just don't follow the hardstyle scene enough anymore to properly cast my votes. I blame the over-generic crap coming out for the past two years, both raw and euphoric.
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby John Cove » 21 Feb 2017, 20:05

DjVero:Imo just a logical result of the forum slowly dying. Activity used to be a lot more back in the days. About myself, I just don't follow the hardstyle scene enough anymore to properly cast my votes.

I think that's the reason why you think the forum is dying because YOU are not that interested anymore. I think it's still pretty active.

What annoys me are those dozens of release topics no one cares about anyway.
John Cove (30)
Crab

Postby DjVero » 21 Feb 2017, 20:34

John Cove:
DjVero:Imo just a logical result of the forum slowly dying. Activity used to be a lot more back in the days. About myself, I just don't follow the hardstyle scene enough anymore to properly cast my votes.

I think that's the reason why you think the forum is dying because YOU are not that interested anymore. I think it's still pretty active.

Mwah, when I haven't visited the forums for five days there's a bunch of replies, but in a handful of threads only. Compare this to a year or more ago and it is pretty much dead imo.
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby Deadwood » 23 Feb 2017, 11:36

John Cove:It's just too late. The voting has to start in December 2016.

This. I always wondered why you guys start this voting thing in the middle of January. At that point I don't really care anymore about it, because I already got the results from any other voting (Q-Dance Top 100, for example). You have to start the voting in Decemeber and there is no need for an 1 Month voting period. 2 weeks is enough.

I still voted though. :)

DjVero:
John Cove:

Mwah, when I haven't visited the forums for five days there's a bunch of replies, but in a handful of threads only. Compare this to a year or more ago and it is pretty much dead imo.

I also don't think the forum is dying. I mean, just look at the Qlimax topics. In comparison:
Qlimax 2012 - 33 pages
Qlimax 2013 - 25 pages
Qlimax 2014 - 53 pages
Qlimax 2015 - 102 pages
Qlimax 2016 - 206 pages

I know you can't determine the forum activity based on the replies on each Qlimax topic, but yeah, interesting topics always gets many replies.

Another thing, dunno where to put this:
There is always a lot of discussion in the Little Hardstyle release facts and gossips topic and when the discussion takes a while, there are always some dudes who step in and interrupt the discussion (heuhue not this again, btt pls or some mods say use the General purpose thread instead). After that, the discussion stops and I feel like everything gets lost in this huge Little Hardstyle release facts and gossips topic. Imho a much better way is, to cut the discussion out and put it into a new thread or an existing one with similar content (thats possible right?). So people can keep on discussing in the new thread and the Little Hardstyle release facts and gossips topic will look a lot cleaner. This will also lead into more replies overall -> more forum activity.

...and while I am on it: I don't think the content of the harderstate facebook page is really appealing or is leading into new members. Someone puts a lot of work into listing all releases, but does this really add value to the forum? I might be wrong, but I think a better way is to take out a bold/exaggerated statement of some user, like "Psystyle is ruining the scene." and putting a question under it, like "Do you also thing so? Join the discussion in topic X". Yeah thats kind of clickbait, but nowadays it works like that.
Deadwood
State Native

Postby Bomberz » 23 Feb 2017, 15:03

Deadwood:Another thing, dunno where to put this:
There is always a lot of discussion in the Little Hardstyle release facts and gossips topic and when the discussion takes a while, there are always some dudes who step in and interrupt the discussion (heuhue not this again, btt pls or some mods say use the General purpose thread instead). After that, the discussion stops and I feel like everything gets lost in this huge Little Hardstyle release facts and gossips topic. Imho a much better way is, to cut the discussion out and put it into a new thread or an existing one with similar content (thats possible right?). So people can keep on discussing in the new thread and the Little Hardstyle release facts and gossips topic will look a lot cleaner. This will also lead into more replies overall -> more forum activity.

I've been thinking about this for a while too and I agree with you, we should definitely do that.
Deadwood:...and while I am on it: I don't think the content of the harderstate facebook page is really appealing or is leading into new members. Someone puts a lot of work into listing all releases, but does this really add value to the forum? I might be wrong, but I think a better way is to take out a bold/exaggerated statement of some user, like "Psystyle is ruining the scene." and putting a question under it, like "Do you also thing so? Join the discussion in topic X". Yeah thats kind of clickbait, but nowadays it works like that.

Nightstalker can probably answer this better than I.

Btw thank you for the feedback Deadwood :)
Bomberz (24)
Global Mod

Postby Nightstalker » 23 Feb 2017, 15:43

As i wrote already Deadwood in a PM:
Everybody is welcome to help us with our social media sites (but only if you have knowledge)
I did/wrote/ask for several times here on board, but almost nobody react/was up to help... (saying now yes i'll help and having a big mouth but after 1-2 weeks the interest is lost and the site stands still again :roll: )
Admin Harderstate.com, HSRLS.com & HCRLS.com takes all of my free time (+ ofc my daily fulltime job ;) )

AUSTRIA (Not Australia )
There is always time for SCHNITZEL & BEER!!!
Nightstalker (28)
Beer Mod

Postby Valadia » 06 Mar 2017, 14:55

Fuck, I just forgot to vote.
Next year then...
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
Producer

Postby Gommes_ » 16 Mar 2017, 20:10

That sucks to hear. I like voting for the best tracks of the year even though it takes me about 1-2 hours, cause you have to consider so many great tracks.
Since we are talking about the activities in the forum - why don't we have a little bell in the top corner as in many other forums to see if someone quoted you? I think it is hard to track all threads you took part in and the user control panel is a little inconvenient if you ask me. Or am I missing some feature here?
I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (33)
State Native

Postby Valadia » 16 Mar 2017, 21:49

Gommes_:That sucks to hear. I like voting for the best tracks of the year even though it takes me about 1-2 hours, cause you have to consider so many great tracks.
Since we are talking about the activities in the forum - why don't we have a little bell in the top corner as in many other forums to see if someone quoted you? I think it is hard to track all threads you took part in and the user control panel is a little inconvenient if you ask me. Or am I missing some feature here?

I suggested this feature some time ago in the suggestions thread but idk, it was declined or something.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles