Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Tennis

Talk about sports and its events.

Postby Tisch » 01 Jun 2011, 01:15

Don't imagine this topic will get a lot of views but wanted to open something as the french open is going on atm. My dad being quite the fan (can recall every wimbledon winner, has studied the game extensivly) the tennis is always on at our house.
Anyway, does anyone watch or play?
Tisch (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Tisch » 01 Jun 2011, 01:16

Was a good game yesterday with murray, his opponent had match point and he came back to win it :fist: :fist:
Tisch (23)
State Celebrity

Postby VanillaFace » 01 Jun 2011, 07:55

I was very invlolved in tennis for a long time. I played competitively for about 8 years and I was a ball boy for various tournaments too. I was actually a ball boy for the Serena Williams match comeback at the Australian Open a couple years back. She went on to win the tournament a week later, and was world number 1 shortly after that. That was pretty cool.
Didn't have enough time to keep playing unfortunately because of other sports and school, so I had to quit :(
VanillaFace (23)
State Native

Postby Tisch » 02 Jun 2011, 00:15

Nice one :) Must have been quite cool to watch and be behind the scenes a little bit for that game. Shame you stopped playing though
In murray's game, the ball boy got some stick :(

Tisch (23)
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 02 Jun 2011, 00:52

Love playing it, i used to play it for like 4 years, than somehow abandoned it and got back to it last year. Really awesome sport! Watching it is boring me to death though :P
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Euforix » 02 Jun 2011, 12:06

I love to play tennis too and I watch Wimbledon every year. :)

Played since I was 7 years old but not have been playing lately.

The summer is coming though so maybe I could start to play again! :)
Euforix
State Citizen

Postby goty » 08 Jun 2011, 21:20

I play badminton atm. And i am considering tennis as the heat is comming to Norway (YAY)!. Should I? :)
goty
State Citizen

Postby Tisch » 08 Jun 2011, 21:29

goty:I play badminton atm. And i am considering tennis as the heat is comming to Norway (YAY)!. Should I? :)

Go for it :D

Played some today and my serve is improving :fist:

Are you a Nadal or Federer fan?
Tisch (23)
State Celebrity

Postby goty » 17 Jun 2011, 21:29

Looks like ill play tennis for the first time the upcoming week, and i am excited! Just need to learn the rules, got no clue yet.
goty
State Citizen

Postby goty » 21 Jun 2011, 15:20

Any rules how many times the ball can bounce? Thought it were only 1 bounce pr side but i saw on youtube vids that the ball bounced 2 times on the opponents field.
goty
State Citizen

Postby thesh3ll » 21 Jun 2011, 15:24

how can you not know :? havn't you ever watched wimbeldon or something ?
thesh3ll (27)
Producer

Postby ceero » 21 Jun 2011, 15:42

goty:Any rules how many times the ball can bounce? Thought it were only 1 bounce pr side but i saw on youtube vids that the ball bounced 2 times on the opponents field.

just once per your turn, you usually let it bounce before you return it, unless you stand close to the net so you can smash it or when it's too fast and you don't have enough time to go back enough so it could bounce
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby goty » 21 Jun 2011, 18:25

Ok, i just think i saw it bounced twice on the oppnonents field in some of the clips i saw on YT. Anyway, played tennis for the first time in my life yesterday and had a BLAST. It were a lot harder than i thought, compared to badminton which is really easy to get into the basics. Anyway, ill be playing 2-4 times a week this summer to get to a decent level. So Aliner, i never had any interest in tennis, but i just got it. So ill be focusing on it from now on. (useually tennis on the flat monitors @ my gym :))
goty
State Citizen

Postby thesh3ll » 22 Jun 2011, 18:36

goty:So Aliner, i never had any interest in tennis, but i just got it. So ill be focusing on it from now on. (useually tennis on the flat monitors @ my gym :))

alright well that's cool :one:
thesh3ll (27)
Producer

Postby goty » 22 Jun 2011, 22:19

Will be playing almost every day this week. Damn awesome sport, odd i never had any interest for it earlier. I got a court 200 meters away from my appartment. 50€ a year to use the court, fake grass as mat. And most of my friends are positive to tennis atm (L) Anyone got some tips for practice?
goty
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles