(You can't hide all the genres)

Hockey topic

Talk about sports and its events.

Postby Romanian Hardstyler » 01 Jan 2012, 20:55

nice fight :)
Romanian Hardstyler (25)
State Celebrity

Postby malicious_kode » 01 Jan 2012, 21:05

Love the way the whole game just stops whenever a couple of dudes decide to throw down and have a bit of a biff. It's like- "Wait, wait! Hold up now... hold up. It's fightin' time, eh?"

Somewhat related-
No kick topics, no exceptions.
For kick-related stuff use the topics in the red text above. #n00bz4eVar
malicious_kode
State Celebrity

Postby Tiifa » 01 Jan 2012, 21:25

^ haha that's part of the game :D creates excitement. audience doesn't only want to see goals, but also fights and nasty tackles. something i personally hate is when a player barely touches another player and he drops down crying on the ice. OMG! man up! when i played hockey i got so many hits, but lying down just stops the game and, in worst case, makes goals invalid.

this tackle is SO hilarious rofl!
Tiifa (24)
Producer

Postby malicious_kode » 01 Jan 2012, 21:53

You played hockey?! That's so... hot! :p
I wanted to play when I was a kid but unfortunately, hockey is about as popular here as Aussie Rules football is in Europe, so we just had to sit on our ass and play NHL '95 (almost as good as the real thing, I swear!) And for sure, how many opponents you could knock down was just as important as how many goals you scored, with the Holy Grail being a bench-check like the one seen above. Then you'd save the replay onto a floppy disk and take it to school to show the other nerds, who would be well impressed. xD
malicious_kode
State Celebrity

Postby Romanian Hardstyler » 01 Jan 2012, 21:59

malicious_kode:You played hockey?! That's so... hot! :p
I wanted to play when I was a kid but unfortunately, hockey is about as popular here as Aussie Rules football is in Europe, so we just had to sit on our ass and play NHL '95 (almost as good as the real thing, I swear!) And for sure, how many opponents you could knock down was just as important as how many goals you scored, with the Holy Grail being a bench-check like the one seen above. Then you'd save the replay onto a floppy disk and take it to school to show the other nerds, who would be well impressed. xD

hockey on grass on AUS :wave:
Romanian Hardstyler (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Tiifa » 01 Jan 2012, 22:02

hah yeah! i played hockey for 6-7 years! then i had to quit because of knee/back injuries :( i'd love to start playing again, now that i haven't had any pain for awhile. my heart lies in icehockey, i love the sport and everything about it. i miss it so damn much!

hahahah that's awesome! i used to play such games too, and i still do sometimes :D freaking awesome!
Tiifa (24)
Producer

Postby Romanian Hardstyler » 01 Jan 2012, 22:06

Tiifa:hah yeah! i played hockey for 6-7 years! then i had to quit because of knee/back injuries :( i'd love to start playing again, now that i haven't had any pain for awhile. my heart lies in icehockey, i love the sport and everything about it. i miss it so damn much!

hahahah that's awesome! i used to play such games too, and i still do sometimes :D freaking awesome!

yea me too i love hockey,but only to watch and to play it on pc :+
ps.i like very much Sweden national team,players like Lindstrom,Forsberg,Lundqvist,Sedin brothers are legends _O_
Romanian Hardstyler (25)
State Celebrity

Postby malicious_kode » 01 Jan 2012, 22:13

Yeah our school was pretty good at that. I think even my mum played in high school, but I was never interested so I played cricket instead (which I sucked at). Wasn't allowed to play football either coz my parents worried that I'd get hurt. They were probably right too. But I got to go ice skating a few times and because I'd had inline skates I was better at it than the other kids (for once), since I could do stuff like, you know, stand up, move, turn and stop without falling over. If I'd wanted to I could even go backwards(!) but I didn't want to show off. :+
malicious_kode
State Celebrity

Postby malicious_kode » 01 Jan 2012, 22:21

lol just remembered this. Failure at its best!
malicious_kode
State Celebrity

Postby Tiifa » 01 Jan 2012, 22:23

LOL!!! sucks to be him! xD

i love how the audience and commentators goes "OMG OMG OMG!" xD
Tiifa (24)
Producer

Postby Done Heavy » 01 Jan 2012, 22:29

Tiifa:hah yeah! i played hockey for 6-7 years!

You also beat the sh*t out of other people on the field? :+
Done Heavy (22)
Producer

Postby Tiifa » 01 Jan 2012, 22:32

haha! unfortunately not :( the rules are waaay more stricter in "woman hockey" (dunno how to call it xD). i used to play with guys tho for a year or two, but i was a scorer, stayed out of trouble etc :P but people beat the shit outta me a lot!!
Tiifa (24)
Producer

Postby Azrael » 04 Jan 2012, 04:25

anyone watching the Junior championship thats going on in Canada?
Another nailbiter for us swedes.
Tiifa:haha! unfortunately not :( the rules are waaay more stricter in "woman hockey" (dunno how to call it xD). i used to play with guys tho for a year or two, but i was a scorer, stayed out of trouble etc :P but people beat the shit outta me a lot!!

Think I watched some of the previous world cup and that rule was so annoying. Only favors teams like canada and usa. :/ I hope they change that rule because there is no reason for it. It's women against other women, let them hit eachother like the men do.
Azrael (32)
Founder

Postby Tiifa » 04 Jan 2012, 10:37

i'm watching it! :D been following it since start, sweden is doing really good! ^^ when they won last night i was so happy. finals against russia, let's hope for the best :)

yup, agree. it makes women hockey really boring imo ;P
Tiifa (24)
Producer

Postby lamtak » 04 Jan 2012, 14:59

I play field hockey for 14 years now but I never played Ice-Hockey. It's defo on my list tho, it looks cool!
lamtak (26)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles