Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

American Football

Talk about sports and its events.

Postby solarized » 06 Feb 2017, 12:46

I fell asleep at the end of the 3rd quarter. I'm glad I did. I woke up, looked at the highlights and what the actual fuck happened there?!!?
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 06 Feb 2017, 17:23

Heard it was a good game, but ultimately I don't care. Pats winning was as predictable as tomorrow being tuesday.
Morbid_Angel (34)
State Native

Postby Johnny250 » 06 Feb 2017, 18:50

It was my first super-bowl and first american football event I watched live ... I was cheering for the falcons and just started to like that sport ... but in the end the team with the better players wins it was just so rediculous there was no excitement for me in the end and maybe Im just too new for this but I cant get all the hype or geniusness for Tom Brady ... when I compare this with soccer, considered with all the hype around it I'm kinda disappointed.
But I will check some regular games, maybe they're different and I understand this sport more then
Johnny250 (27)
State Hero

Postby Morbid_Angel » 06 Feb 2017, 20:40

Johnny250:It was my first super-bowl and first american football event I watched live ... I was cheering for the falcons and just started to like that sport ... but in the end the team with the better players wins it was just so rediculous there was no excitement for me in the end and maybe Im just too new for this but I cant get all the hype or geniusness for Tom Brady ... when I compare this with soccer, considered with all the hype around it I'm kinda disappointed.
But I will check some regular games, maybe they're different and I understand this sport more then

As a new fan, the one thing you should take away from this game is that Falcons fucked themselves over by not running the ball when they were in fieldgoal range. That would have taken time off the clock (or made the Pats use a time-out) and set up a rather easy 40 yard kick to take them 11 points ahead with about 3 minutes left on the clock, effectively killing the game.
Morbid_Angel (34)
State Native

Postby solarized » 06 Feb 2017, 22:01

Morbid_Angel:
Johnny250:It was my first super-bowl and first american football event I watched live ... I was cheering for the falcons and just started to like that sport ... but in the end the team with the better players wins it was just so rediculous there was no excitement for me in the end and maybe Im just too new for this but I cant get all the hype or geniusness for Tom Brady ... when I compare this with soccer, considered with all the hype around it I'm kinda disappointed.

As a new fan, the one thing you should take away from this game is that Falcons fucked themselves over by not running the ball when they were in fieldgoal range. That would have taken time off the clock (or made the Pats use a time-out) and set up a rather easy 40 yard kick to take them 11 points ahead with about 3 minutes left on the clock, effectively killing the game.

I still cant believe they didnt do that :(
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby solarized » 16 Mar 2017, 13:27

How's everyone done in the Free Agency? I'm happy with Latavius Murray! Glad we've got rid of AP now!
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 16 Mar 2017, 19:44

solarized:How's everyone done in the Free Agency? I'm happy with Latavius Murray! Glad we've got rid of AP now!

Packers are having a shit FA. Probably aiming for the participation medal that is "we've been in the PO's for 8 years straight, but we haven't won shit. yaaaaay".
Morbid_Angel (34)
State Native

Postby solarized » 25 Sep 2017, 18:30

How does Tom Brady do that?! Falcons and Chiefs look really good as well.
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby solarized » 16 Oct 2017, 12:46

Aaron Rodgers out for the season with a broken collarbone. Oops :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 16 Oct 2017, 17:01

Arod out for at least 8 weeks. My only solace is knowing that the Viqueens'll never win a Super Bowl, so injuring others is their only joy in life. :pacman:
Morbid_Angel (34)
State Native

Postby solarized » 03 Nov 2017, 18:02

Morbid_Angel:Arod out for at least 8 weeks. My only solace is knowing that the Viqueens'll never win a Super Bowl, so injuring others is their only joy in life. :pacman:

6-2, still want to stand by that? :pacman:

Also, I went to Twickenham last weekend and it was the greatest experience of my life. I don't care if it was against the Browns. I don't know how long it will be before I see the Vikes again so i savoured every moment. Amazing amazing experience.
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 03 Nov 2017, 20:13

solarized:
Morbid_Angel:Arod out for at least 8 weeks. My only solace is knowing that the Viqueens'll never win a Super Bowl, so injuring others is their only joy in life. :pacman:

Vikings fans: when a 6-2 record equates winning a Super Bowl. What a sad, sad franchise. :rofl:
And to answer: Yes I do. You will NEVER, in my lifetime or yours, win a Super Bowl.
Morbid_Angel (34)
State Native

Postby solarized » 28 Nov 2017, 17:28

:rofl: :rofl: 9-2 now ;D We've got a chance I think :+
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Neko » 28 Nov 2017, 20:32

solarized::rofl: :rofl: 9-2 now ;D We've got a chance I think :+

I hope for a rematch! A rams fan by myself here. Was pretty bummed after the loss against the vikings as I felt McVay couldnt adjust the offense. Always the same Play action attempts which got countered pretty heavily by the vikings' defense. They adjusted, McVay didn't. Thats why I hope for a rematch in the PO's because I think this won't happen again :p
Also, wtf is up this season anyway. Eagles, Saints, Rams, Jaguars, Vikings, all really good. I never ever would have guessed that. Even if I actually think the rams won't make it that far, its a pleasure to follow the season.
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (26)
Producer

Postby solarized » 03 Jan 2018, 12:47

13-3 we ended up with. I'm actually astounded at how well we played this season. Personally am most scared of the Panthers in the playoffs. Cam Newton always seems to find a way against us.

Neko:I hope for a rematch! A rams fan by myself here. Was pretty bummed after the loss against the vikings as I felt McVay couldnt adjust the offense. Always the same Play action attempts which got countered pretty heavily by the vikings' defense. They adjusted, McVay didn't. Thats why I hope for a rematch in the PO's because I think this won't happen again :p
Also, wtf is up this season anyway. Eagles, Saints, Rams, Jaguars, Vikings, all really good. I never ever would have guessed that. Even if I actually think the rams won't make it that far, its a pleasure to follow the season.

Yeah I'm hoping that we can still find a way against you lot. I feel like we'll probably be playing you in the divisionals because there is no way that Atlanta are beating you. It'll be a great game. The best offense in the NFL against the best defense.

Stunned about the teams up there this season although it will be the same old story with the dirty Patriots in the superbowl again.

Morbid_Angel:
solarized:

Vikings fans: when a 6-2 record equates winning a Super Bowl. What a sad, sad franchise. :rofl:
And to answer: Yes I do. You will NEVER, in my lifetime or yours, win a Super Bowl.

Still sticking by this? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What happened to the cheeseheads this season? :+
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles