(You can't hide all the genres)

American Football

Talk about sports and its events.

Postby Morbid_Angel » 22 Nov 2016, 21:10

solarized:
Morbid_Angel:
solarized:WE WON A GAME!!!!

WE DIDN'T! (again) :+

Whats happened to you lot? I thought the NFC North was one of the strongest divisions but now Detroit are top. We both need to do better lol

Injuries and shit coaching on both fronts for the most part. Other things that attribute to this terrible season are big players under performing massively.

I was also thinking the North would be the one to watch this year, but both of the teams I had my sights has just not stepped up - my Packers moreso.
The fact that the Lions are top speaks volumes.
Morbid_Angel (33)
State Native

Postby solarized » 24 Nov 2016, 15:33

Morbid_Angel:
solarized:
Morbid_Angel:WE DIDN'T! (again) :+

Whats happened to you lot? I thought the NFC North was one of the strongest divisions but now Detroit are top. We both need to do better lol

Injuries and shit coaching on both fronts for the most part. Other things that attribute to this terrible season are big players under performing massively.

I was also thinking the North would be the one to watch this year, but both of the teams I had my sights has just not stepped up - my Packers moreso.
The fact that the Lions are top speaks volumes.

Completely agree. I don't think the Packers are out of it by a long stretch though.

Big big big BIG match today! We must beat the Lions!!
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 29 Nov 2016, 18:22

We actually won a game, and looked good while doing so. This season man... :?
Morbid_Angel (33)
State Native

Postby wsnnwa » 29 Nov 2016, 22:22

You guys are really downplaying the Lions. (6) (6)
wsnnwa (25)
State Citizen

Postby Morbid_Angel » 30 Nov 2016, 00:38

wsnnwa:You guys are really downplaying the Lions. (6) (6)

Can you blame us? They're the Lions afterall.
Morbid_Angel (33)
State Native

Postby solarized » 30 Nov 2016, 12:54

e were terrible and to be hoenst the Lions got forward realyl quickly and in every possession they looked like they were going to score. They are defnitely better than us and I would not be surprised if they won the division now. We have some major problems. Our 'amazing' defense is leaking runners like a 90 year old rusty toilet leaks water. Our offense is getting better but still lack of protection for Sam Bradford. Urgh. I was so pumped 5/6 weeks ago and I'm so down about it all now.

Still think the Pats are going to win it all this season.
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby solarized » 30 Nov 2016, 12:55

Oh and just when we really (don't) need it, we've got a nice easy game this week against the 10-1 Cowboys. Yay!
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby wsnnwa » 02 Dec 2016, 01:35

Morbid_Angel:

Historically accurate, but have you watched any of their games this season? Their games have been the most entertaining to watch.

Stafford has and is improving a lot, and has been playing good with an average offensive line. That offensive line is one of the youngest in the league and has a lot of room for growth.
wsnnwa (25)
State Citizen

Postby Morbid_Angel » 02 Dec 2016, 02:25

wsnnwa:
Morbid_Angel:

Historically accurate, but have you watched any of their games this season? Their games have been the most entertaining to watch.

Stafford has and is improving a lot, and has been playing good with an average offensive line. That offensive line is one of the youngest in the league and has a lot of room for growth.

I know they've been doing well, but I just can't shake this feeling that they're going to crumble.
What truly boggles my mind is that, when Stafford had Megatron, he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, but now without him he's suddenly accurate?
I know you can improve and all that, but god damn man, it was Megatron! I feel so sorry for him that he never got a ring, or at least an NFC championship game. He well and truly deserved it.
Morbid_Angel (33)
State Native

Postby wsnnwa » 04 Dec 2016, 23:44

Morbid_Angel:
wsnnwa:
Morbid_Angel:Can you blame us? They're the Lions afterall.

I know they've been doing well, but I just can't shake this feeling that they're going to crumble.
What truly boggles my mind is that, when Stafford had Megatron, he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, but now without him he's suddenly accurate?
I know you can improve and all that, but god damn man, it was Megatron! I feel so sorry for him that he never got a ring, or at least an NFC championship game. He well and truly deserved it.

A lot of it comes from coaching and player development. Just look at the Patriots, their organization brings out the best from each of their players. Just look at how well most of their late draft picks play.

I think Stafford wasn't growing as much as he could when they had Calvin Johnson, their style of play was throw it in the general area of Johnson and let him take care of it.

He has never had a reliable offensive line, nor a defense that could hold a lead. I'm not trying to make excuses for him but I believe that as a team you're only as good as your weakest link.
wsnnwa (25)
State Citizen

Postby solarized » 05 Dec 2016, 14:34

Still can't believe how close we came to beating the Cowboys. I'm just going to accept this isn't our season and move on! if we beat the Jags this weekend then we MIGHT have a chance of the playoffs as AP is potentially back on the 18th. Very impressed with the Seahawks last night!!!
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 06 Dec 2016, 19:47

wsnnwa:A lot of it comes from coaching and player development. Just look at the Patriots, their organization brings out the best from each of their players. Just look at how well most of their late draft picks play.

I think Stafford wasn't growing as much as he could when they had Calvin Johnson, their style of play was throw it in the general area of Johnson and let him take care of it.

He has never had a reliable offensive line, nor a defense that could hold a lead. I'm not trying to make excuses for him but I believe that as a team you're only as good as your weakest link.

Fair point(s), though I still have a hard time believing in a team that has him as a QB. Kinda like the Bears and Cutler, when he was their #1. (And, well, their team isn't the best either at the moment)

Oh and your point about the weakest link is spot on for any team out there.

solarized:Still can't believe how close we came to beating the Cowboys. I'm just going to accept this isn't our season and move on! if we beat the Jags this weekend then we MIGHT have a chance of the playoffs as AP is potentially back on the 18th. Very impressed with the Seahawks last night!!!

Good game by you guys, but just lacked that last bit of luck.

As for my own teams chances, I still believe that we can scrape a PO berth, though it's going to be very, very hard. (And will obviously demand the right results with losses to key teams etc.)
Morbid_Angel (33)
State Native

Postby solarized » 07 Dec 2016, 12:33

Morbid_Angel:
wsnnwa:A lot of it comes from coaching and player development. Just look at the Patriots, their organization brings out the best from each of their players. Just look at how well most of their late draft picks play.

Fair point(s), though I still have a hard time believing in a team that has him as a QB. Kinda like the Bears and Cutler, when he was their #1. (And, well, their team isn't the best either at the moment)

Oh and your point about the weakest link is spot on for any team out there.

solarized:Still can't believe how close we came to beating the Cowboys. I'm just going to accept this isn't our season and move on! if we beat the Jags this weekend then we MIGHT have a chance of the playoffs as AP is potentially back on the 18th. Very impressed with the Seahawks last night!!!

Good game by you guys, but just lacked that last bit of luck.

As for my own teams chances, I still believe that we can scrape a PO berth, though it's going to be very, very hard. (And will obviously demand the right results with losses to key teams etc.)

It's going to be very close between us and it MIGHT go down to the game at Lambeau between us. Vikings vs Cheeseheads for the playoffs (we'll still have to beat the Bears if we win and you will still have to beat Lions (not easy) if you win). It could be very close. Or we could spectacularly fuck it up against the Jags and you might not be able to beat the mighty Seahawks (who are looking incredible atm) this week and we're both out of it. I have to say if that happens, then I'll support the Lions in the playoffs as Matt Stafford has been absolutely incredible this year and has literally carried that team
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby solarized » 07 Dec 2016, 12:34

Also, as a side note, I'm going to start setting things on fire if the Pats win the Superbowl again. I just have this avid hatred of them and Tom Brady in particular
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 07 Dec 2016, 20:03

solarized:It's going to be very close between us and it MIGHT go down to the game at Lambeau between us. Vikings vs Cheeseheads for the playoffs (we'll still have to beat the Bears if we win and you will still have to beat Lions (not easy) if you win). It could be very close. Or we could spectacularly fuck it up against the Jags and you might not be able to beat the mighty Seahawks (who are looking incredible atm) this week and we're both out of it. I have to say if that happens, then I'll support the Lions in the playoffs as Matt Stafford has been absolutely incredible this year and has literally carried that team

Yeah it's a tough road to the play-offs for both teams, but I still believe - especially seeing as how the Packers players finally seem to be awake the full 60 minutes.

If my Packers don't make it, I'll be rooting for the Chiefs or the Falcons. I like the organizations and they also have a few players I feel deserve an actual shot at things. (Larry Fitzgerald and Julio Jones for instance)
solarized:Also, as a side note, I'm going to start setting things on fire if the Pats win the Superbowl again. I just have this avid hatred of them and Tom Brady in particular

My best mate is an avid, smug, Patriots fan so I'd also be quite displeased if they win. I'd equally miffed if Cowboys win it so of the topseeds atm I'd mostly hope for the Raiders.
Morbid_Angel (33)
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles