Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Whats your favorite DAW?

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

What DAW do you guys like to use?

FL Studio
59%
Cubase
14%
Logic
10%
Ableton
7%
Reason
3%
Other
6%
None
1%

Total votes : 124

Postby Lop-Sided » 29 May 2010, 09:25

hey everybody. right now im using fl studio (demo), but before i bought it for sure i was wondering what other DAWs did you guys use and like. do you have any suggestions as to which one you like best or if i should try/pick a new DAW?
Trance producer/Radio Show Host at 90.3FM KDVS
Check out my tuneessssss, broooooo!! http://www.soundcloud.com/sashavanlaur
Lop-Sided
State Celebrity

Postby malicious_kode » 29 May 2010, 11:33

Ableton Live coz it's the only one I've used. I didn't choose it for any particular feature or anything. I only knew one guy who was doing production and he was using Live so I figured it'd be easier to learn off him. If not for that though, I would have been happy to use Cubase or Logic.
If you already know your way around FLStudio, I see no reason to switch, but you can always try demo's of the others.

Steinberg Cubase Demo (Requires USB-eLicenser)
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/musicproduction/cubase5_product/cubase5_trialversion.html

Ableton Live Demo
http://www.ableton.com/downloads

Propellerhead Reason Demo
http://www.propellerheads.se/download/

Also, I'm gonna make a prediction- FL will get about a thousand-million-trillion votes or something and everything else will get about 6 and a half in total.
No kick topics, no exceptions.
For kick-related stuff use the topics in the red text above. #n00bz4eVar
malicious_kode
State Celebrity

Postby Roby31 » 29 May 2010, 12:13

I voted "Other", as my DAW of choice would be Sonar if it had a more friendly piano roll. Anyway, your DAW only counts a small amount on the final product, so the best would be the one you find yourself more comfy with.
Crysonic wrote: The guys who make small modifications intended to improve systems
Roby31 (27)
State Senior Citizen

Postby surfino » 30 May 2010, 00:46

rrrrrrrreaperrrrrrrr
probably started before you were born
surfino (41)
State Citizen

Postby MKN » 30 May 2010, 01:55

i've only really used FL. it's really easy for me, i know nearly everything it does, i tried cubase but it's far too confusing compared to FL
MKN (23)
Producer

Postby TheCryoniq » 30 May 2010, 02:03

malicious_kode:Also, I'm gonna make a prediction- FL will get about a thousand-million-trillion votes or something and everything else will get about 6 and a half in total.

X2 ...FL is easy for newbies i guess is the reason
Cinematic Game/3D Artist @ Ubisoft
TheCryoniq (29)
State Native

Postby MKN » 30 May 2010, 02:07

yep :) although it's much better now than when it was "fruity loops"
MKN (23)
Producer

Postby malicious_kode » 30 May 2010, 06:11

Northrulerz:X2 ...FL is easy for newbies i guess is the reason

Nah it's coz FLStudio has FL-Chan (my avatar) as their mascot and she is hot. :+
No kick topics, no exceptions.
For kick-related stuff use the topics in the red text above. #n00bz4eVar
malicious_kode
State Celebrity

Postby zanshi » 30 May 2010, 08:49

i already used logic, ableton, and reason
reason is uber-cool for beginners imo - it seriously easy and very nice to handle, very graphic and the workflow is okay too
(if you're skilled you'll get sick of it in a matter of weeks tho XD just hook it up with logic or whatevaaa then)
abletons workflow is DAMN insane, but i don't like the user interface and the way it's working on mac /:
but it's quite a nice alternative to fl imo! if i was on windows i'd go for ableton :3
logic is my curent daw and my total fav - it can be combined with reason, the workflow is pretty cool if you get used to it but it surely takes practice to learn how it works

i also had a look at pro tools and cubase, cubase seems pretty okay, it's pretty close to logic imo but pro tools just looks and feels wrong.
i dunno how reaper is and i just know FL from friends who use windows
"ars ex scientia"
zanshi (25)
State Hero

Postby ReLeX » 30 May 2010, 12:41

I voted for Cubase cause we worked with FL Studio for years and we also produced many tracks with it but with Cubase we got the feeling that many things are easier to handle and in general we like the whole programm more than FL Studio.
Between FL Studio and Cubase we tried Reason, Sonar and Ableton but we got stuck on Cubase _O_

So the new tracks you will hear soon will be made with Cubase :)

Greetings,

btw nice topic ;)
ReLeX (27)
Producer

Postby TakkU » 30 May 2010, 13:03

I've used FL before, but since i got my Mac i just love Logic! It takes some learning, but when you know how to work with it it's just awesome
Reloop Digital Jockey 2 IE
Pioneer HDJ-2000
MacBook Pro 15" 2009
Logic Studio 9
TakkU (26)
State Tourist

Postby AaronM » 30 May 2010, 13:18

I've only used FL studio and Reaper and I preferred FL studio because it was my first choice. How big are the demos for some other DAWs. I might try some other DAWs when my downloads are about to click over to the next month.
AaronM (23)
Producer

Postby Subject Zero » 30 May 2010, 14:06

FL Studio since it was the easiest for me to learn. I have no intention of trying other DAWs, but over the next few years if i seriously got into producing and started using a lot of hardware i would probably try Cubase since i heard a lot of people start on FL and move to their because it has better support for hardware or something like that.

But i think FL is great for beginners aslong as you have some good VST plugins.
Subject Zero (25)
State Hero

Postby dUnreal » 30 May 2010, 19:10

I vote for FL cuz I produce all my songs in it, but hopefully I'll learn cubase over the summer (H)
Youtube!
lı.ıllıHardstyle Beat Addict.ıllı.ıl
dUnreal (23)
State Citizen

Postby MKN » 30 May 2010, 19:24

over the summer? :O i plan to learn cubase over the next year or 2 years or so. it's completely different compared to FL and will takes more than 2 months to get the hang of
MKN (23)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles