Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Whats your favorite DAW?

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

What DAW do you guys like to use?

FL Studio
60%
Cubase
13%
Logic
10%
Ableton
7%
Reason
3%
Other
6%
None
1%

Total votes : 126

Postby General Guyble » 30 Oct 2016, 17:45

Netris:
General Guyble:It used to be Logic for for almost 7 years...since 2014 it's Ableton and so far I haven't seen anything which would make me leave Ableton.

The only things that would made me leave Ableton are the bugs the dev don't seem to care to fix (deactivating automation is the prime example) or the lack of VST3. Which makes me lean more and more to Bitwig.

Obviously Ableton is lacking some important features and also got some bugs, but you know how it is...you gonna switch to another DAW to get 2 more functions and one fixed bug, but you'll get 20 other bugs on top ;)

Personally I'm missing Strip Silence and a Solo Safe really bad

How's Bitwig? Heard that's buggy as hell, but haven't tried it myself so far
General Guyble
State Newcomer

Postby BassInstinct1 » 03 Nov 2016, 18:28

I've used FL Studio 12 for about 5 months but after watching a tutorial where the guy was working with Cubase I instantly noticed the fast workflow so I thought I'd give it a try.

I bought Cubase Pro on the same day I was playing around with the demo because the workflow is suuuuuper fast compared to FL Studio. And the GUI is imho much prettier to look at + you can colorize the GUI like you want it to be :P
BassInstinct1 (22)
State Outsider

Postby Netris » 06 Nov 2016, 06:05

General Guyble:
Netris:
General Guyble:It used to be Logic for for almost 7 years...since 2014 it's Ableton and so far I haven't seen anything which would make me leave Ableton.

The only things that would made me leave Ableton are the bugs the dev don't seem to care to fix (deactivating automation is the prime example) or the lack of VST3. Which makes me lean more and more to Bitwig.

Obviously Ableton is lacking some important features and also got some bugs, but you know how it is...you gonna switch to another DAW to get 2 more functions and one fixed bug, but you'll get 20 other bugs on top ;)

That's why I've not switched yet ^^ (but 3 or 4 years old buggy that have been reported and acknowledge by the devs is a bit irritating ^^)

General Guyble:How's Bitwig? Heard that's buggy as hell, but haven't tried it myself so far

I've not tried it, but from what I've seen in various video, the workflow and the UI is very similar to Ableton and that's what is appealing to me since I love Ableton workflow ^^
Last edited by Netris on 07 Nov 2016, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
Netris (28)
State Citizen

Postby nuttyt » 06 Nov 2016, 13:31

Cubase all the way for me, I've used Reason before as well, but FL just bugs the hell out of me lol
nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby VicesLikeVipers » 10 Nov 2016, 05:29

Netris:
General Guyble:
Netris:

That's why I've not switched yet ^^ (but 3 or 4 years old buggy that have been reported and acknowledge by the devs is a bit irritating ^^)

General Guyble:How's Bitwig? Heard that's buggy as hell, but haven't tried it myself so far

I've not tried it, but from what I've seen in various video, the workflow and the UI is very similar to Ableton and that's what is appealing to me since I love Ableton workflow ^^

I can attest to bitwig. It is a really great DAW,i haven't had any bugs with it, but I am running it in my surface pro 3, so that may make a difference.

As for the workflow, it is really similar to ableton in a lot of ways (I also have ableton and FL studio)
But it also has features similar to cubase and other DAWs.

As for the synth that come with it, they feel kind of lacking in some areas for harder music. But the effects and tools are amazing.

The feature that I like the most about it, is being able to bounce tracks in real time and make hybrid tracks.

I suggest downloading the demo and messing with it, I really like it; even though I do miss some of my effects and features that ableton has.
VicesLikeVipers (24)
State Newcomer

Postby Netris » 10 Nov 2016, 16:55

VicesLikeVipers:
Netris:
General Guyble:

I can attest to bitwig. It is a really great DAW,i haven't had any bugs with it, but I am running it in my surface pro 3, so that may make a difference.

As for the workflow, it is really similar to ableton in a lot of ways (I also have ableton and FL studio)

As for the synth that come with it, they feel kind of lacking in some areas for harder music. But the effects and tools are amazing.

The feature that I like the most about it, is being able to bounce tracks in real time and make hybrid tracks.

I suggest downloading the demo and messing with it, I really like it; even though I do miss some of my effects and features that ableton has.

I guess I'll try :)
Netris (28)
State Citizen

Postby General Guyble » 11 Nov 2016, 23:24

Netris:
VicesLikeVipers:
Netris:

I guess I'll try :)

me too I guess :)
General Guyble
State Newcomer

Postby butterprickol » 12 Dec 2016, 01:35

I'm using FL Studio for almost 8 years but I'm trying out Cubase since yesterday.
Qlimax 2009 - Defqon.1 2010 - Q-Base 2010 - Qountdown 2010 - Hard Bass 2011- Hard Bass 2012 - Defqon.1 2012 - Defqon.1 2013 - Hard Bass 2014 - Q-Base 2014 - Qlimax 2014 - Defqon.1 2015 - Q-Base 2015 - Qlimax 2015 - Hard Bass 2016 - Defqon.1 2016
butterprickol (26)
State Native

Postby enslaver101 » 12 Dec 2016, 13:45

I've been using FL ever since I started 'producing' (if you can even call it that), that makes it around 4 years. Can't bring myself to use other DAWs, I guess I've been brainwashed by FL Studio with the non-standard UI and workflow.

It's just too much fun using it. Even when I was just starting out I didn't have to force myself to do anything. I've tried Logic, Cubase, Studio One and Bitwig, none of them hooked me in.

I guess I'll have to make the change one day however, because of some major flaws in FL.
enslaver101 (20)
State Newcomer

Postby EyezerHardstyle » 17 Oct 2017, 15:23

I've been using FL Studio for years (although I just messed around, playing with synths for fun most of the time :+), predominantly FL Studio 9. I did try Cubase once and also Reason but both DAWs just confused me. I upgraded to FL Studio 12.4 (still use it, too lazy to upgrade to 12.5) a few months ago and I really like it. I like FL Studio because of how user friendly it is (imo). You can learn the most important stuff in just an hour or two and then get started. I am a simple person and I like when things are simple, which FL Studio is. Afaik, FL Studio is the cheapest professional DAW (I know Reaper is cheap but that is for non-commercial use only I think), especially with lifetime free updates. And then of course, the piano roll. From what I've seen and heard, FL Studio's piano roll is the best one out there and a lot of people miss it when they switch to a different DAW.

I will probably stick with FL Studio as long as I make music. I am just a hobby producer, producing in my bedroom. I do not need much else (I have bought Sylenth1 though and I combine it with mainly FL Studio stock Vsts/Fx plugins).
Youtube: Eyezer Music & Eyezer Productionz
EyezerHardstyle
State Newcomer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles