Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Whats your favorite DAW?

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

What DAW do you guys like to use?

FL Studio
60%
Cubase
13%
Logic
10%
Ableton
7%
Reason
3%
Other
6%
None
1%

Total votes : 126

Postby surfino » 10 Jun 2010, 06:59

saying that cubase pianoroll sucks means that every daw except FLS are bad because linear daw are all modelled similiar to it (cubase,logic,protools,reaper,sonar,samplitude etc...)
that's a blind judgement and please post an "imho" before it :+
probably started before you were born
surfino (42)
State Citizen

Postby Roby31 » 10 Jun 2010, 08:08

StuartC:
Cama:Im using FL Studio 9 right now but I'm thinking of switching to Cubase 5.

I'll switch to Cubase when i need hardware support, guessing the hardware im looking at is a Virus TI2 so i may be stuck on FL for a few years :O haha

You'd be amazed at how well the Virus TI works with FL (just a couple of quirks, really).
Crysonic wrote: The guys who make small modifications intended to improve systems
Roby31 (28)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Subject Zero » 11 Jun 2010, 00:00

Roby31:
StuartC:
Cama:Im using FL Studio 9 right now but I'm thinking of switching to Cubase 5.

I'll switch to Cubase when i need hardware support, guessing the hardware im looking at is a Virus TI2 so i may be stuck on FL for a few years :O haha

You'd be amazed at how well the Virus TI works with FL (just a couple of quirks, really).

Oh really? I've just heard of people having problems with it, and that Cubase works better with hardware. I guess i dont need to worry anytime soon, i cant afford to spend my savings on a Virus + Cubase right now :rofl:.
Subject Zero (25)
State Hero

Postby Roby31 » 11 Jun 2010, 11:18

The fact is that when set up properly (meaning: following Access' guidelines, which 70% of people complaining don't do.) the Virus Control plug-in works quite well and since it controls the hardware FL has little to do with it (especially when using audio over USB, requiring a single delay compensation). It may not be that easy getting it to work right the first tries, but when you find the proper setup it works fine.

The only thing I can complain about (regarding FL+VC) is that when you're looping a pattern or the whole song restarts looping, sounds with attack = 0 (most evident with percussion sounds) will skip a bit. This doesn't happen in the other DAWs I tried VC with and is a bit of a nuisance when you're programming percussions.

Hardware without a control plug-in (MidiQuest XL should already do the trick) may work really good or not so good. I've experienced the latter.
Crysonic wrote: The guys who make small modifications intended to improve systems
Roby31 (28)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Subject Zero » 11 Jun 2010, 17:45

Ah ok i see. I will definetly be looking to get a virus, possibly next year though depends if i work full time over the summer and next year.

Btw, lol @ your sig :P
Subject Zero (25)
State Hero

Postby arder-arderstyle » 13 Jul 2010, 10:35

wheres ejaydeejay 5 dance? Cant find it lol kiddin fl 9 for me
(Early Hardstyle)
arder-arderstyle (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Cyriax » 29 Nov 2010, 21:35

someone uses pro tools here? really wanna know how it's like
Qlimax 2008,2009,2010,2012,2014,2016
Q-Base 2009,2010,2011,2014,2016
Hardbass 2009,2010,2017
Decibel 2009
In Qontrol 2010
Cyriax (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Subject Zero » 29 Nov 2010, 23:00

Cyriax:someone uses pro tools here? really wanna know how it's like

I use it in college, its a bit overkill for producing hardstyle. I believe it may be useful for mastering though (according to one of my lecturers). The piano roll sucks badly too.

Its good for recording stuff (if you are in a band or whatever), but for EDM, its not that great. Im wondering if people on labels who master stuff just use the same DAW and use external plugins for mastering? Thats makes more sense, but my lecturer says most things get mastered through Pro Tools lol.
Subject Zero (25)
State Hero

Postby TheIndividualist » 12 Dec 2010, 04:24

I'm using FLStudio. It's easy to use, provides great workflow and is just plain fun. I doubt that I'll switch to another DAW soon. :p So far I've only tried the demo of Ableton 8 and I didn't like it very much.
Dong dong dong screeeeech screeeeeech dong dong tutututu I'm gonna blow your brains out, bitch!!1
TheIndividualist (27)
State Tourist

Postby malicious_kode » 12 Dec 2010, 08:25

TheIndividualist:So far I've only tried the demo of Ableton 8 and I didn't like it very much.

It makes no difference to me what you use, and I'm not gonna try to change your mind or anything (so don't worry), but I'm just curious to know what you didn't like about it, or what advantages you found in using FL over Live.
You don't have to respond if you don't want, or if you're unsure how to express it, but if you've got the time, it'd be interesting to hear. :D

In fact, anyone who has experience using different software I'd be interested to hear about it. If you tried all the demo's before settling on one, or if you have switched to something different, what was it that influenced your decision? And do you miss anything about the old software? Let me know.
No kick topics, no exceptions.
For kick-related stuff use the topics in the red text above. #n00bz4eVar
malicious_kode
State Celebrity

Postby Lost Origin » 12 Dec 2010, 20:18

Ableton lover :)
Lost Origin
Producer

Postby Nicolas S » 13 Dec 2010, 00:52

Lost Origin:Ableton lover :)

me 2 (L)
Nicolas S (25)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Primus Infinity » 13 Dec 2010, 10:38

Lost Origin:Ableton lover :)

+1 again :one:
Primus Infinity (36)
State Citizen

Postby sei_einfach_spam » 13 Dec 2010, 13:40

started with fl...than tried logic and cubase both are cool and more professionel but ...im back on fl, cuz it has the best step seq., piano roll,...plugs like granulizer , slicer etc. intern....and the handling is just the best, for me..just put ur visions to the ground :)....
sei_einfach_spam
State Tourist

Postby andytf » 13 Dec 2010, 19:12

Why Cockos Reaper isn't on the list ?

It's the best DAW in the world ! _O_
andytf (31)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles