Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Troubleshooting - Presonus Studio One

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby FreakshowDJ » 26 Apr 2013, 23:57

@Sveinn95. yeah that would be nice, but you can do that in Ableton with the simpler or you download the edison plugin and drag the loop yourself.
Fuck The Science, Make Noise
Image Image
FreakshowDJ (21)
State Citizen

Postby Mistral » 27 Apr 2013, 00:02

sveinn95:I also would love if there was a stock plugin like 3xosc in FL, really need that too.

But there is one autmation that is not there. It's in SampleOne and when you trigger the loop function and want to control when the loop ends. To make that Headhunterz - From Within thingy.

Well, load the sample multiple times, each with another loop end time. Put them in the playlist, tada.
Mistral
State Citizen

Postby Omen_Evildoer » 28 Apr 2013, 00:42

sveinn95:I also would love if there was a stock plugin like 3xosc in FL, really need that too.

But there is one autmation that is not there. It's in SampleOne and when you trigger the loop function and want to control when the loop ends. To make that Headhunterz - From Within thingy.

Which '' thingy'' you talking about?
Omen_Evildoer
Producer

Postby sveinn95 » 28 Apr 2013, 01:01

Omen_Evildoer:

Which '' thingy'' you talking about?

When the vocal turns into a lead. when he says "song"
sveinn95 (21)
State Citizen

Postby Stopho » 31 Jul 2013, 17:00

I made a switch from FL to Studio One just recently and when I'm trying to work with audio files they keep switching to this monitor/record state whenever I move or edit the file and it causes a very loud annoying feedback.

Anyone knows what I can do to prevent this from happening?

Edit: it occurs whenever I switch from the audio track/bus to another track/bus of any kind and back. It will switch to record mode.

Edit #2: Fixed the issue. It appeared that the insert channel of the audio file was set to Input.
Stopho
State Tourist

Postby tweeka_2 » 19 Aug 2013, 03:05

We've been using Studio One for about 5months now and here are my 2cents:

PROS:
- Amazing workflow
- Simple drag/drop features for Automations/Samples/Effects/Instruments
- Easy, yet well organized mixer
- Great editing features for audio files
- Event FX _O_
- Folder / Groups / Bus options are easy and well organized
- CPU control. Being able to see WHICH plugin is draining your system.
- Great customer support. Almost every time I have a question, I get a respond within a day through
their Twitter account.

CONS:
- Automation follows events. This is a frickin lie! :P Sometimes I feel like starting on the mainpart
before doing the midintro. That's cool and all, but when the automations pile up and things are getting
advanced, here's where it goes wrong. When you want to MOVE an entire section of the track to the RIGHT,
S1 only moves 1 automation from each channel. So if you have several automations on 1 track, you'll have
to move em MANUALY :'(

- Timestretching. If they want to be taken serious as a major DAW, they need to up their game on
timestretching like Cubase and Logic. The dynamics of the timestretching they have now is simply not good enough.

- Pitch on audio tracks. Doing a simple tapestop turns into a nightmare with S1. There should be a simple
feature that ables you to pitch your audio tracks.

- Sampler features for cutting multiple samples. I guess I'm quite spoiled coming from FL Studio with SliceX.
I really miss the quick and efficient way of chopping up audio parts to my liking. And don't come say
"Kontakt is a great way to to do that", cuz we all know compared to SliceX in chopping, Kontakt is crap for this haha.

- Tempo Automation. Like seriously... If you want to do a long BPM change from lets say 125 to 150. You have
to make "time stamps" for each time the bpm changes XDDD Why can't this be an easy draw-able automation?

I guess that sums up my impression so far :) I'm eagerly awaiting the V3, to see what they have improved.
I prefer this DAW alot more than both Cubase and Logic, and plan on supporting their stuff in the future.

Oh, and the Presonus FADERPORT is an awesome gadget that works sweet alongside the DAW :)
tweeka_2 (29)
Producer

Postby sveinn95 » 28 Aug 2013, 21:00

- Tempo Automation. Like seriously... If you want to do a long BPM change from lets say 125 to 150. You have
to make "time stamps" for each time the bpm changes XDDD Why can't this be an easy draw-able automation?

You can automate the tempo by holding down Alt button i think. Haven't used S1 in months, but i asked a while ago and i think he said use the Alt button
sveinn95 (21)
State Citizen

Postby Detektor » 07 Sep 2013, 13:24

tweeka_2:We've been using Studio One for about 5months now and here are my 2cents:

PROS:
- Amazing workflow
- Simple drag/drop features for Automations/Samples/Effects/Instruments
- Easy, yet well organized mixer
- Great editing features for audio files
- Event FX _O_
- Folder / Groups / Bus options are easy and well organized
- CPU control. Being able to see WHICH plugin is draining your system.
- Great customer support. Almost every time I have a question, I get a respond within a day through
their Twitter account.

CONS:
- Automation follows events. This is a frickin lie! :P Sometimes I feel like starting on the mainpart
before doing the midintro. That's cool and all, but when the automations pile up and things are getting
advanced, here's where it goes wrong. When you want to MOVE an entire section of the track to the RIGHT,
S1 only moves 1 automation from each channel. So if you have several automations on 1 track, you'll have
to move em MANUALY :'(

- Timestretching. If they want to be taken serious as a major DAW, they need to up their game on
timestretching like Cubase and Logic. The dynamics of the timestretching they have now is simply not good enough.

- Pitch on audio tracks. Doing a simple tapestop turns into a nightmare with S1. There should be a simple
feature that ables you to pitch your audio tracks.

- Sampler features for cutting multiple samples. I guess I'm quite spoiled coming from FL Studio with SliceX.
I really miss the quick and efficient way of chopping up audio parts to my liking. And don't come say
"Kontakt is a great way to to do that", cuz we all know compared to SliceX in chopping, Kontakt is crap for this haha.

I guess that sums up my impression so far :) I'm eagerly awaiting the V3, to see what they have improved.
I prefer this DAW alot more than both Cubase and Logic, and plan on supporting their stuff in the future.

Oh, and the Presonus FADERPORT is an awesome gadget that works sweet alongside the DAW :)

The automations can be moved all at once. You don't need to switch to each used automation, you can just have them all in 1 automation folder, drop down all the used automations for that channel, then just select all and move to where you want it to.

It does bug me when inserting an automation it tends to either drop on the selected channel, or make a seperate track with just the automations. You can move these tracks back to the selected channel and get rid of the extra tracks it made. So every track/instrument holds its own automations. and you can choose to close or open when needed.
Detektor
State Tourist

Postby Mr M » 11 Dec 2013, 14:39

tweeka_2:We've been using Studio One for about 5months now and here are my 2cents:

I agree with you totally but you can transient slice in S1. I think this is what you mean (dont take me on that ive only used slicex once)?

Right Click Audio File > Event > Audio > Detect Transients
Right Click Audio File > Event > Audio > Split at Bend Markers

Select all the split transients then send them to SampleOne!

You can also play around and move the transient bars to your liking.

Open the tempotrack, click on the draw tool then hold alt as you draw and it will give you a auto curve. Not exactly the best way of automating the tempo but its sure a hell lot quicker then adding each tempo movement each time right :naughty: ?
Mr M
State Newcomer

Postby TJOAudio » 04 Mar 2014, 04:49

Anyone had this error before? x86 works fine, x64 bit this happens then it doesn't load, Ive looked everywhere for the fix. Pls halp qq

TJOAudio (22)
Producer

Postby Mistral » 07 Mar 2014, 02:09

Imminent Danger:Anyone had this error before? x86 works fine, x64 bit this happens then it doesn't load, Ive looked everywhere for the fix. Pls halp qq

Have you thought about a Support Ticket at the Presonus website to help remedy your problem?
Mistral
State Citizen

Postby ProspectOfficial » 12 Mar 2014, 11:04

I just like the fact you dont use patterns like in fruity loops, in fl i had to make a whole new pattern for just one different note, or duplicate the pianoroll. In S1 you just have to draw a new part in the track. Also the "duplicate track" function is nice imo :)
EDM Producer / Dj
ProspectOfficial
State Tourist

Postby sveinn95 » 12 Mar 2014, 12:14

ProspectOfficial:I just like the fact you dont use patterns like in fruity loops, in fl i had to make a whole new pattern for just one different note, or duplicate the pianoroll. In S1 you just have to draw a new part in the track. Also the "duplicate track" function is nice imo :)

In fruity you can just click the upper left corner and press "Make Unique"
sveinn95 (21)
State Citizen

Postby ProspectOfficial » 12 Mar 2014, 12:41

sveinn95:
ProspectOfficial:I just like the fact you dont use patterns like in fruity loops, in fl i had to make a whole new pattern for just one different note, or duplicate the pianoroll. In S1 you just have to draw a new part in the track. Also the "duplicate track" function is nice imo :)

In fruity you can just click the upper left corner and press "Make Unique"

-

I know, but i still like how easy this is in studio one, and besides that there are so much more things i like about studio one haha, the workflow is quite free and open :)
EDM Producer / Dj
ProspectOfficial
State Tourist

Postby Mistral » 12 Mar 2014, 15:54

Automation curves suck bigtime though in S1. And there is no good way to alter the pitch like for instance FL. The piano roll could use some improvement too.
Mistral
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles