Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Troubleshooting - Logic

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Deconstructors » 29 Jun 2010, 16:13

Got my mac last week,
Now i wanna try / switch to logic studio.

Im using fl studio right now.

Are there any tips you could give me?
I hate browsin forums for weeks to solve stupid questions nd shit:P

Is it a huuuge difference between logic nd fl studio?

I mean, Everything probably has the same name, and terms. So that wont be a problem. I gues?

Thnx in advance !
Last edited by zanshi on 11 Mar 2012, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: read below - this is now the logic thread!
Deconstructors (27)
State Native

Postby Semplice » 29 Jun 2010, 17:06

Deconstructors:Got my mac last week,
Now i wanna try / switch to logic studio.

Im using fl studio right now.

Are there any tips you could give me?
I hate browsin forums for weeks to solve stupid questions nd shit:P

Is it a huuuge difference between logic nd fl studio?

I mean, Everything probably has the same name, and terms. So that wont be a problem. I gues?

Thnx in advance !

Well in Logic Studio you will be working with (AU)AudioUnits, and of course A LOT more.. you should really take some time to do some reading about Logic Studio.. Trust me it will explain/help you with a lot of things! :)
Semplice (25)
Producer

Postby TakkU » 29 Jun 2010, 19:30

Logic has a lot of incredible powerfull features. Although, sometimes you need to know where to find them. One of the differences that takes some getting used to when you compare it to FL, is the way patterns/playlists are done. In logic you don't have patterns wich you can paste in a playlist, here you add your MIDI info/samples straight into the playlist. If you can, try to read as much about Logic as you can, or follow some beginner video tutorials. It'll explain a lot, and it can save you hours of looking for something ;)
Reloop Digital Jockey 2 IE
Pioneer HDJ-2000
MacBook Pro 15" 2009
Logic Studio 9
TakkU (27)
State Tourist

Postby Audiogenetic » 29 Jun 2010, 21:12

i used logic 5.5 for pc in 2003-2007, now i use FL :)
i like Logic, there is no annoying patterns
Audiogenetic
Producer

Postby Deconstructors » 29 Jun 2010, 23:42

Okeej,, gues i need to get used to the "no pattern thingy" Sounds interesing.
Thnx for the help already.. if i need moar.. ill pm i gues:P
Deconstructors (27)
State Native

Postby TheRavestyler » 12 Feb 2012, 20:39

LOGIC PRO 9 PER WINDOWS DUAL BOOT.

So i Have a few Questions If somebody wants to help .
(not sure if this kinda topic is already existing if yes gimme link of the other topic and a mod can delete this one.)
I hope i posted this into the right section :p

My first question if i setup this dual boot i can just switch between Windows 7 and Snow Leopard ?

Second If i run the Snow leopard per dual boot does this affect my CPU ? like It will lagg like shit and i cant use it well

last one is it possible to Run logic pro 9 per dual Boot without problems ?

i Saw this Video and i was Wondering about that o_O
Imagine building a guitar and then tuning it and then playing it. That's what electronic music is.

https://soundcloud.com/cruel-instinct
TheRavestyler (21)
State Hero

Postby Harha » 12 Feb 2012, 21:16

TheRavestyler:My first question if i setup this dual boot i can just switch between Windows 7 and Snow Leopard ?

Yes but you need ofc to reboot your computer when switching between the operating systems.

TheRavestyler:Second If i run the Snow leopard per dual boot does this affect my CPU ? like It will lagg like shit and i cant use it well.

Why would it affect your CPU? If you get all needed drivers installed and macintosh recognizes your intel cpu and all of it's cores it should run pretty smoothly.

TheRavestyler:last one is it possible to Run logic pro 9 per dual Boot without problems ?

Yes it's possible but unfortunately it depends highly on your computer's specifications, as example mac os x is nearly impossible to get working with an AMD cpu. There aren't many third party drivers (Kernel Extensions) for mac osx so getting sound/video, etc working properly is always quite difficult unless you've built your computer specifially for mac osx usage with the right parts.

I've myself setup my Asus N53SN Laptop to dual boot between Mac OS X SL 10.6.8 and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I've been experimenting around with OS X for a few days now and finally got it running somehow properly. GFX Card is recognized and works somehow (not perfect, no support for all resolutions etc.), bluetooth works, ethernet works, wifi doesn't work (yet, it's possible to get it working), keyboard works, touchpad doesn't work, usb mouse works and so on. The only critical thing I need to get working before I can install Logic Pro 9 is onboard audio (Which is possible but tricky). USB audio interfaces should work like on a real mac though, no idea about firewire.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/

There's everything you need to know about setupping a hackintosh. Go check if Mac OS X boots/works on your computer and if it does, burn iBoot (Bootloader to boot the SL Installer) on a CD and buy a Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail DVD and follow this guide: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html :wave:

iCore 2 Duo @ 3.4Ghz | 4Gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM | M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 | Windows 7 x64 & Mac OSX 10.6.8 Dualboot | KRK Rokit RP5 G2 | Access Virus TI Desktop | Access Virus C Desktop | Korg K49 MIDI Keyboard
Harha (24)
State Native

Postby TheRavestyler » 12 Feb 2012, 21:21

Awesome Thanks :D
Imagine building a guitar and then tuning it and then playing it. That's what electronic music is.

TheRavestyler (21)
State Hero

Postby Black-Out » 12 Feb 2012, 21:53

Just buy a Mac (H) No problems too! :)
Black-Out (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby cor7ex » 13 Feb 2012, 11:50

Ravestyler i have snow leopard too at my PC. I´ve tried it with my laptop 2 years ago and now on my PC i have an AMD CPU. i´ve installed it with orignal Snow Leopard. You must read a lot but it works.
cor7ex (30)
State Tourist

Postby AaronM » 13 Feb 2012, 14:39

Black-Out:Just buy a Mac (H) No problems too! :)

Why buy a mac when you can custom build yourself a hackintosh for a fraction of the price. (H)

TheRavestyler:LOGIC PRO 9 PER WINDOWS DUAL BOOT.

So i Have a few Questions If somebody wants to help .
(not sure if this kinda topic is already existing if yes gimme link of the other topic and a mod can delete this one.)
I hope i posted this into the right section :p

My first question if i setup this dual boot i can just switch between Windows 7 and Snow Leopard ?

Second If i run the Snow leopard per dual boot does this affect my CPU ? like It will lagg like shit and i cant use it well

last one is it possible to Run logic pro 9 per dual Boot without problems ?

i Saw this Video and i was Wondering about that o_O

Check this video out, it would be very helpful for you. You may be able to dual boot it if you install 2nd harddrive on your computer and install snowlepoard on it and when you want to use it just go to your bios boot menu and boot from that hard-drive (I'm sure it should work but I've never tried it. Alternatively you can run a virtual OS using software called VMware.

AaronM (23)
Producer

Postby Max Detune » 14 Feb 2012, 02:35

Im workin on my hackintosh few month now together with Win7, It's possible to install OS X on AMD platform,but u need ModCD + SL Retail, don't use any modified os like iAtkos etc. Logic works fine until i put alot fx into 1 channel and connected buses :D I've read much before i tried to install on AMD (many ppl says it's impossible or very hard) ,my system installed @1st try ,and have no Logic crashes or kernel panic ;) good luck
Ps. AMD not equals AMD (best try on Athlon II/Phenom II)
Max Detune
State Newcomer

Postby TheRavestyler » 17 Feb 2012, 21:49

So My last Post in this Topic i must say everything works it took me a week but yeah everything works Nice expect the Internet but no problem
Installed with IAtkos L2 worked fine :+
So for other ppl who wanna try this It works but its a lot reading and trying if u wanna do this too i can recommend IAtkos L2
thats it :wave:

TheRavestyler (21)
State Hero

Postby Harha » 17 Feb 2012, 22:55

TheRavestyler:So My last Post in this Topic i must say everything works it took me a week but yeah everything works Nice expect the Internet but no problem
Installed with IAtkos L2 worked fine :+
So for other ppl who wanna try this It works but its a lot reading and trying if u wanna do this too i can recommend IAtkos L2
thats it :wave:

Lol nice! I have yet to figure out how to enable onboard audio + get the GFX Card working properly. :\ And IAtkos L2 doesn't work at all on my laptop. :fist:

iCore 2 Duo @ 3.4Ghz | 4Gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM | M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 | Windows 7 x64 & Mac OSX 10.6.8 Dualboot | KRK Rokit RP5 G2 | Access Virus TI Desktop | Access Virus C Desktop | Korg K49 MIDI Keyboard
Harha (24)
State Native

Postby andyhuynh » 06 Mar 2012, 06:18

Logic Studio is waaaay better than FL in my opinion. It literally has everything you need. Neat workflow, awesome samplers and the stock synths aren't half bad either, better than the stock synths in any other DAW. Furthermore, Logic has excellent internal tools. Channel EQ is very sharp for shaping frequencies, the space designer reverb & delay designer are awesome for leads. clip distortion is awesome for kicks and bitcrusher is awesome for harder leads as well! Awesome internal tools and awesome workflow. Best DAW in my opinion.

But hey, no program makes better music. It's all about the producer ;)
andyhuynh (19)
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles