Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Troubleshooting - FL Studio

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby tof590 » 07 Aug 2011, 15:31

Hi, I'd like to know what is the best way to create a wav sample, for example for kicks, once I created it from a vst I'd like to have it in a wav file.
Because I tried to record in edison but after, the wav sounds weaker than the one coming from the vst, especially in the low frequencys I miss a lot of bass :s
I also tried by exporting it but when I load the sample then it doesn't pitch at all, if I press any touch of the piano roll it always sounds the same.
Can someone help me please? Maybe it's because there is some options that are not activated :s
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by zanshi on 05 Oct 2012, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: read below - this topic is now for fl studio users and their questions, troubles and smalltalk!
tof590
State Newcomer

Postby Thrice » 08 Aug 2011, 00:34

The sample probably only appears to be weaker.
Compare the Peak meter - the sample is probably just not as loud as the vst one.

Regarding the pitching problem.. reset every knob in the sampler that has to do with pitching.
Last edited by Thrice on 09 Aug 2011, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
Thrice (27)
State Citizen

Postby Subject Zero » 08 Aug 2011, 01:32

Thrice:The sample properly appears to be weaker.
Compare the Peak meter - the sample is probably just not as loud as the vst one.

Regarding the pitching problem.. reset every knob in the sampler that has to do with pitching.

^

Thrice is correct, after you load your sample into the FL sampler, turn the time knob to completely to the left :)
Subject Zero (25)
State Hero

Postby tof590 » 08 Aug 2011, 07:03

thanks :) I haven't test in edison yet but by exporting it it sounds better and yes it was the time knob that was not just totally to the left, I would never have thought of that knob because it looks like it was already all the way to the left but it was missing half a millimeter lol
thanks for your answers :)
tof590
State Newcomer

Postby Gearhead409 » 21 Feb 2012, 02:59

Just save your kick as a preset in the VST plugin.
Gearhead409
State Senior Citizen

Postby SourceOfDistortion » 21 Feb 2012, 10:24

Save the preset and save the channelsettings in the mixer.
SourceOfDistortion
State Citizen

Postby zanshi » 11 Mar 2012, 03:50

All problems concerning FL-Studio go HERE from now on please!
"ars ex scientia"
zanshi (25)
State Hero

Postby Lifterz » 17 Mar 2012, 19:21

i wish fl studio was like cubase, like in the playlist in every track you will have the vst in the playlist itself instead of in the step sequeacer. i think thats a problem in fl thats everying gets messed up in the playlist, and i think if it was the way it was in cubase and other programs every thing would be more orginized and more clean. what do you think? like the idea or not? i really dont understand why they dont improve fl studio, probably fananical problem.
Last edited by Lifterz on 17 Mar 2012, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Lifterz (22)
State Native

Postby Maximumraver » 17 Mar 2012, 19:25

It's probably just not the style of Fruity. Also, I wish you could zoom in more in fruity, so cutting waveforms would be more precise :(
Maximumraver (28)
Producer

Postby SCH » 17 Mar 2012, 19:27

use Edison and then the drop to playlist funtion?
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (25)
Producer

Postby TheRavestyler » 17 Mar 2012, 19:37

imo the Arrangement in FL is horrible really :(
if they would change the pattern system to the same As Cubase , Ableton , Logic i would use it again.
and more languages would be good too but i wonder they update and update fl but nothing good happens.
Imagine building a guitar and then tuning it and then playing it. That's what electronic music is.

https://soundcloud.com/cruel-instinct
TheRavestyler (20)
State Hero

Postby Crankx » 17 Mar 2012, 19:58

I dont see what the problem is with FL studio's Pattern system, i think FL studio is really good because of the simplicity and the good overview/Arrangement, but guess thats a matter of taste.
"Worrying is stupid, it's like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain" - Wiz Khalifa
Crankx (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby thesh3ll » 17 Mar 2012, 22:56

@topic starter if you like cubase more then why not use it ?

in FL you probably don't know that you can make unique group channels inside the step sequencer which makes everything easier to see.. , I usually make one group channel for lead which contains my synth layers for the lead, another group channel for kick which contains all the bounced pitches, another group channel for percussion and so on.. there's no problem with FL's arrangement imo

just work with whichever sequencer you like the most

something i'll never understand though is when people claim that cubase is hard to use, i mean wtf, a baby could use this software. I've been using FL since 2005 and started using cubase about a week ago and I could nearly say that cubase is more easier to use than FL
thesh3ll (27)
Producer

Postby Lifterz » 17 Mar 2012, 23:20

Aliner:@topic starter if you like cubase more then why not use it ?

in FL you probably don't know that you can make unique group channels inside the step sequencer which makes everything easier to see.. , I usually make one group channel for lead which contains my synth layers for the lead, another group channel for kick which contains all the bounced pitches, another group channel for percussion and so on.. there's no problem with FL's arrangement imo

just work with whichever sequencer you like the most

something i'll never understand though is when people claim that cubase is hard to use, i mean wtf, a baby could use this software. I've been using FL since 2005 and started using cubase about a week ago and I could nearly say that cubase is more easier to use than FL

Fl is really easy to use for me,its nice,just the playlist organization botheres me....i have cubase 4 and its more harder for me to learn, ill just need to learn the basics, not a big deal, there are alot of features in cubase which i dont know what they do. i also have a delay when i play midi in cubase, probably something to do with buffer size.
Lifterz (22)
State Native

Postby thesh3ll » 17 Mar 2012, 23:42

if you don't understand me you search in the manual for 'group channels' which will teach you how to organize the playlist
thesh3ll (27)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles