Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

The Virus TI/B/C-Topic!

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Fuhron » 16 Feb 2012, 04:38

Hey guys.

I got the deal,to get an used Access Virus B , but in a very very good "status" (? right :D haha)

The price is 325 €... ist it worth it ? Or is this too expensive for the "old thing" ? :)
Looking for collabs :)
Fuhron (24)
State Citizen

Postby Q-Rater » 16 Feb 2012, 04:58

I would buy it at that price but I have no idea what its actually worth, check the goin rate at ebay.
Q-Rater (22)
State Native

Postby Fong » 16 Feb 2012, 05:20

For that price if it fully functional I would buy it. They are usually worth ~550 €
Fong (26)
State Newcomer

Postby Fuhron » 16 Feb 2012, 16:01

It is fully functional ... + Manual and Cable :)
Fuhron (24)
State Citizen

Postby Gearhead409 » 21 Feb 2012, 02:58

a lot
Gearhead409
State Senior Citizen

Postby Fuhron » 26 Feb 2012, 18:09

Hey guys,
a little question here : How to use the Virus B with FL Studio ? so i can make a melody in piano roll,and use the synthesis of the virus b ?

Fuhron
Fuhron (24)
State Citizen

Postby Pavilon » 26 Feb 2012, 18:21

only the ti can do this, the b must be record extern (i think so)
Pavilon (31)
State Native

Postby Bluemind » 26 Feb 2012, 18:41

If my memory is right, you need a soundcard that have midi inputs, then connect it.
After, you must use the MIDI OUT thing of FL I think.
Fb - Yt - Tw - Sc

Bluemind (20)
Producer

Postby Fuhron » 26 Feb 2012, 21:40

So i want to use the Virus B with FL Studio , so i can make a sound in virus b , and can play it with fl studio or maybe with my keyboard...

So i need a Audio interface with MIDI ... I want to connect the virus b with my fl studio .. and my fl studio (pc) with my keyboard...

Does the M-Audio Fast Track Pro the job ?

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Track-Mobile-Interface-Preamps/dp/B000BD31ZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330285218&sr=8-1
Fuhron (24)
State Citizen

Postby Roby31 » 26 Feb 2012, 22:02

You need a MIDI interface (and ofc an audio interface). The info on how to set one up in FL are in the manual. You then link the interface OUT with the Virus IN, you add 1-16 "Midi OUT" VST (to use as controllers for the Virus in FL). You set up a couple of FL's mixer channels to receive the input from the inputs of your audio interface - you will now be able to control the 16 Virus parts and to listen to, process, record your Virus sounds inside the project.

Remember that the Virus will not be rendered/bounced offline, so you'll need to record it in real time with Edison. Also remember the Virus polyphony is shared between its 16 parts, it's not 24 voices each (I'm assuming this is your first hw experience). ;)
Crysonic wrote: The guys who make small modifications intended to improve systems
Roby31 (27)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Fuhron » 26 Feb 2012, 22:10

Yes this is my first experience with hardware :O

I really dont understand that much...so i can't let the piano roll play something,and it uses the sound,which i programmed on the connected virus b ?
Fuhron (24)
State Citizen

Postby Fuhron » 27 Feb 2012, 04:48

Gearhead409:a lot

So then.. i can call me the owner of something which is worth a lot ! Got my Access Virus B today !! :) But now i got Problems with the Connection to fl Studio :/ (Other Thread)

Got it for 405 € : The Virus B + power supply + manual with very very very very less signs of usage and in original package ;) :one:
Fuhron (24)
State Citizen

Postby Roby31 » 27 Feb 2012, 18:46

Yes, you can - you'll use the piano roll for your MIDI Out plug-in (plug-ins, since you can use up to 16 at once on the single Virus). I do think the manuals cover what you're wanting to do. I can't provide much detailed info as I'm not using FL atm (not producing altogether) but think of it as:

- MIDI interface sends the controls (notes, MIDI changes) from FL to the Virus, via use of the MIDI Out instrument. These will need to use the same Port # (which you can freely assign in the options) and up to 16 different MIDI channels, to control the 16 different Virus parts at once.
- Virus receives all of those controls, plays audio through its 3 stereo outputs
- Audio interface receives audio from the Virus on 3 stereo inputs, streams them into up to 6 different FL Mixer channels (you can split L/R in most interfaces, effectively having those as mono channels - hard panning on the Virus then allows you to use more sounds than 3 with a dedicated output) so you can listen, process, record them.
Crysonic wrote: The guys who make small modifications intended to improve systems
Roby31 (27)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Fuhron » 27 Feb 2012, 19:44

Thank you again Roby31 :) For clearness i asked in a german FL-Studio_Forum too. They could help me with the Fl-Studio related things :) So now is all clear , but why i need a Audio Interface AND a Midi Interface ? I thought i need a Midi Interface to connect the computer with keyboard and Virus (a 2 IN / 2 OUT Midi Interface is needed) , and the Audio Out of the Virus into the Creative X-Fi Titanium Soundcard ... The microphone In can be used as LINE IN...or isn't that really good ? :?
Fuhron (24)
State Citizen

Postby Roby31 » 28 Feb 2012, 21:22

Well the X-Fi IS your audio interface, atm :) (not that I really recommend using that kind of card for producing, but still). Really don't use LINE level signal on a MIC input unless the manual explicitly tells you to, though. You'll also be limited to only 2 mono channels at once / 1 stereo channel - you won't be able to simultaneously process more than 2 sounds with different FX, since the card doesn't have any more inputs and can't manage more.

Also, you don't really need a 2+2 MIDI interface unless your keyboard controller doesn't have a USB/MIDI interface (which is a bit weird unless you're using an old one or a prosumer rompler-like keyboard; in the latest years it's been quite the opposite, i.e. entry level controllers don't have a physical MIDI port any more, like KeyRigs and QSs). Which keyboard do you have? There's even a couple of the that can act as a MIDI interface for what it's worth (old M-Audio Keystation comes to my mind).

Last thing, I usually say it like the MIDI interface and sound card are two separate entities because some sound cards have no way to implement a MIDI interface. Many others do, though, and those do not require an additional MIDI card :)
Roby31 (27)
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles