Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Soundcard

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Wavelength » 15 Aug 2016, 22:49

Yo, not happy with the sound quality my PC is giving me, checked my soundcard and got this ( I'm no tech wizard as I once was )

Not sure if possible but I was wondering if I am using all of these collectively for my sound quality or just one? I am hoping you will tell me Intel is the one being used and I can switch it to the high definition audio my Nvidia card states it provides?

Thanks guys
Defqon 1 '15 '16 Freaqshow '16 Qlimax '18
Wavelength (27)
State Citizen

Postby D-Verze » 29 Aug 2016, 09:31

These are all drivers, they are all connected to some sort of hardware and therefore most likely all necessary. If you would have more output options, you could select the one you'd want in the windows mixer I think.

Perhaps you can check the settings in the windows mixer anyhow, as a lot of (on board) sound cards add effects to your sound which make music sound worse rather than better mostly. Usually you can turn them off in the settings. In general though, spend some money on an external soundcard, it's worth it :)
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (24)
Producer

Postby CAP » 29 Aug 2016, 14:10

Wavelength:Not sure if possible but I was wondering if I am using all of these collectively for my sound quality or just one? I am hoping you will tell me Intel is the one being used and I can switch it to the high definition audio my Nvidia card states it provides?

Thanks guys

Nope, you're not using them collectively. You're using just one at a time, and I'd recommend that you use just one. You can disable all the drivers you don't want to use from the device manager and/or go to the windows audio mixer (right click, playback devices - on the little speaker icon bottom right toolbar) to set the default device.

it may help to start out the whole process by updating all your audio drivers and seeing how that works
CAP (32)
Producer

Postby VOL-E » 29 Jul 2017, 13:11

hey, I dont want to create a new topic, but my question is about soundcard.

I have iMac & Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. And the problem is that sometimes I have no sound... I can see that Scarlett is working, iMac sees it also, but there is no output, what can be the problem? iMac isnt so new, I guess like 5-6 years old, could it be iMac problem? Because soudcard is totally new, only 1 month old... maybe somebody had familiar stuff
I felt it... I heard it...
VOL-E (28)
State Legend

Postby TJOAudio » 30 Jul 2017, 05:49

VOL-E:hey, I dont want to create a new topic, but my question is about soundcard.

I have iMac & Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. And the problem is that sometimes I have no sound... I can see that Scarlett is working, iMac sees it also, but there is no output, what can be the problem? iMac isnt so new, I guess like 5-6 years old, could it be iMac problem? Because soudcard is totally new, only 1 month old... maybe somebody had familiar stuff

Power options/plan. Its probably cutting out the power to USB hub when not used for a certain amount of time, causing problems, I've had similar issues.
TJOAudio (22)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles