Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Looking for an affordable windows laptop for production?

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Wavelength » 20 Nov 2017, 19:42

Budget is around £1000, not budget really I know but looking to find a few options from lower end prices up to my budget and decide from there if anyone can advise me - what have YOU got?

Must have enough processing power to do the job i want it to, cannot be a mac as they are awful.

Thanks!
Defqon 1 '15 '16 Freaqshow '16 Qlimax '18
Wavelength (27)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Detektor » 20 Nov 2017, 22:31

Try https://www.utopiacomputers.co.uk
They make custom laptops to specs you want. You choose your own components.
I'd go for an I7, 8gb DDR4 at least (you can upgrade later if you need to), and a minimum of 250GB SSD (Samsung 960 M.2 SSD's are blazing fast).
Detektor
State Tourist

Postby nolimits59 » 21 Nov 2017, 13:28

"affordable" "1000£" wow ;D

With that price, i would be you, i would go to Dell instantly, and get an i7 that end with "HQ", most of i7 on laptops are 17 xx00U but they're trash for producing, look for one that end with "HQ", like the Inspiron 15 7577, it exist in i5 7300HQ and i7 7700HQ, two good CPU for producing :)
And it's around 1000£ -ish ^^
nolimits59
Producer

Postby Wavelength » 21 Nov 2017, 14:42

Lol I know, a bit all over the place but I'm having a mental battle whether having a laptop will keep me going production wise. Being confined to a PC makes it very limiting sometimes.

I''ll check both out, thanks a lot lads
Defqon 1 '15 '16 Freaqshow '16 Qlimax '18
Wavelength (27)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Valadia » 28 Nov 2017, 16:10

Wavelength:Lol I know, a bit all over the place but I'm having a mental battle whether having a laptop will keep me going production wise. Being confined to a PC makes it very limiting sometimes.

I''ll check both out, thanks a lot lads

I prefer a desktop by far. It's a lot more comfortable producing than on a "small" laptop. But I guess that's pretty subjective. For 1000 quid, you should be able to get a decent production machine.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles