Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Bought Sylenth but got a cracked version

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby The Crusher » 03 Nov 2012, 20:59

Hey guys something weird happened

A few weeks ago i bought sylenth1. I got the confirmation and the Licensefile directly from Lennardigital.

I installed and register it like LD wrote in the Email.

Today I saw that my sylenth is licensed to "Team Arcade". I asked LD but if any of you ever needed support from them you know, they wont answer.

Did something like that ever happened to you too?
I mean its pretty weird if you purchase a product on the website, get the programm and license-key direct from the manufacter and even so you get a cracked programm.
The Crusher
State Tourist

Postby Jay » 03 Nov 2012, 21:10

Have you ever had a cracked version of it before?

So something might be fucked up in the registry?
Jay (21)
State Celebrity

Postby The Crusher » 03 Nov 2012, 21:58

I tried to install a cracked version to see how it looks but it didnt work (6) . After that i tried the demo but i never used a cracked version.

But even if i used a cracked version I did the registration with the file LD sent me, so this is a legal license-key. Sylenth didnt work until I loaded the licensefile.

I'm just curoius maybe I'm not the only one who's having/had this "problem" or am I the only one who actually paid for sylenth? :)

in the end it doesnt really matter. I paid (still have the bill) and it works. I dont think the cops will storm into my room and arrest me :p

Maybe LD will react to my question.
The Crusher
State Tourist

Postby Harha » 03 Nov 2012, 22:28

The Crusher:I tried to install a cracked version to see how it looks but it didnt work (6) . After that i tried the demo but i never used a cracked version.

But even if i used a cracked version I did the registration with the file LD sent me, so this is a legal license-key. Sylenth didnt work until I loaded the licensefile.

I'm just curoius maybe I'm not the only one who's having/had this "problem" or am I the only one who actually paid for sylenth? :)

in the end it doesnt really matter. I paid (still have the bill) and it works. I dont think the cops will storm into my room and arrest me :p

Maybe LD will react to my question.

So you did install a cracked version before you bought it, so now the cracked serial left in your registry is probably interfering with your legit one by loading the serial from the legit registry and then loading the name which it is registered to from the cracked registry. If this is the case then you probably just need to uninstall the plugin completely, find all registry's related to the serial with regedit and delete them manually and install + register the plugin again. That uninstall / reinstall process probably doesn't even matter that much but I'd play safe and do it that way.

But in the other hand if it really works, why even bother just to get your fancy nametag show up in the synth's UI? :| And I might be completely wrong tbh since I don't really know how you activate a legit bought copy of sylenth1. :+

iCore 2 Duo @ 3.4Ghz | 4Gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM | M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 | Windows 7 x64 & Mac OSX 10.6.8 Dualboot | KRK Rokit RP5 G2 | Access Virus TI Desktop | Access Virus C Desktop | Korg K49 MIDI Keyboard
Harha (21)
State Native

Postby The Crusher » 03 Nov 2012, 23:10

hahaha

i thought i did uninstall everything. guess not! :omg:

I just wanted to be proud of my nametag (you got me)!!! i just leave it anyway because i think the legal licensekey is now invalid cause I used it already. maybe LD would not give a new key anyway. the studio of my buddy got flooded. He didnt get a new key so he got the cracked sylenth...
The Crusher
State Tourist

Postby Markove » 07 Nov 2012, 17:12

You need to do a TRUE uninstall of all programs you ever have to remove. Cracked or not. More than likely your registry data was never completely cleared of Sylenth1's data.

Without a proper uninstall, registry entries can be left behind if a program's uninstaller aren't configured properly (most aren't). If you ran the program's built-in uninstaller, that's certainly no guarantee. You need to use programs like Revo Uninstaller that completely wipe the program's elements off your drive. Some will even say you should restart to get the temporary Windows cache reset.

You're fine if you do a clean uninstall followed by using your CD Key. Developers look at the number of IP address activating on a particular key more than they do anything else. If they see you activated twice on the same IP address, they aren't going to block that key. To be honest, I don't think Sylenth1's developers have even bothered with doing any sort of blocking. People have been using the same cracked license keys for years.
ImageImageImage
Markove (24)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles