Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Moving to Sweden

Sweden, Norway and Denmark

Postby Leifson » 03 Aug 2013, 14:52

If you think all the politicians are so stupid, maybe you should become one, and fix it?

The problems that are listed are either big first-world problems (like bad free food in schools etc. I ate it and liked most of it during my school years, maybe you are just close-minded about it? It's not the nobel dinner, but it works.), or problems without an easy solution. Unemployment is a pretty big problem for many countries (and sweden is one of the better ones there too lol), and to "fix" it isn't simple. If the government is going to create jobs themselves, then the tax payers would have to pay the salaries. That means, either reduce funding for something else, or increase taxes.

About sentences, I kind of agree with you. Though, longer prison time = bigger cost for the tax payers. Maybe focus more on rehabilitation (make the criminal a non-criminal again)? If not, he'll probably just commit more crimes when out again.

Higher A-kassa = bigger cost for tax payers (again). It also reduces the willingness to work, since you can live a good life without working. (Swedes have a history of not accepting job offers because they don't think the job is "good enough", and rather stay on the A-kassa for a while longer. That isn't good.)

About the news papers, it's the same as the politicians. Start your own newspaper then? If more people than you think that they all suck, they will buy / read yours? Millions could be made! (which you then would have to pay as tax to support your super long jail sentences and sky high A-kassa :-) )
Leifson
State Citizen

Postby Ferren » 03 Aug 2013, 15:46

Love it how this thread has turned to a real investigation of Sweden and its infrastructure :)

In Sweden we like to complain, ooooh yes what we love to complain, it makes us more powerful and make us important :). Overall Sweden is a nice country to live in, it has the same problems as most European countries when it comes to job and a on and on discussion about political direction and so forth.

But in the longrun, we have a good economy, we are one of the most green countries in the world, we have a really good democracy and almost no censur on media.
But then again we have our problems, but what countries does not? I can't compare to Holland cause I have really no 100% fact on how the country is run, the things I have heard is that Netherlands has the same problems the rest of Europe have.
Soundcloud Facebook
"Thunderdome till we die!"
Ferren (33)
Producer

Postby KFKiller » 03 Aug 2013, 16:14

You should live somewhere else if you are complaining about Sweden, come to the UK it never gets cold never gets hot and when it does everyone panic's. Schools close because of 3/4cm of snow and when it gets hot they cancel loads of public transport services because the infrastructure can't cope!
Our economy is rubbish because the goverment 'conservative' decided they want to sell everything that the tax payer owns to foreign investors meaning that instead of getting 100% of the profit back into the UK's economy only 20% max ( sometimes only a fraction of a percent because they avoid tax) comes back the rest goes to places like Saudi Arabia and other European countries who own them, this includes our public transport like trains and airports even our water, gas and electricty are owned by other countries who don't maintain them to get maximum profit!
We have one of the worst immigration problems in Europe, when we are a small set of countries (UK) that are already over populated, we have the EU breathing down our necks and dictating how we should treat the immigrants, the EU wouldn't even let us deport a convicted terrorist to Jordan to face charges. Recently we have had over 100 war criminals exposed that live in our counrty totally paid by the goverment.
52% of the UKs population is struggerling to pay the bills because inflation has shot up so much that the wages haven't increased to keep pace with it thats over 30 million people who struggle to even live.

Sweden is one of the most stable countries in the world with a very high standard of living and a high GDP, you should think yourself lucky to be living in a place where its so stable. Even the UK is stable and I am sure that over 50% of the world lives in poorer conditions than us in the UK and definatley think myself lucky because it could be so much worse.
KFKiller (27)
Producer

Postby SCH » 03 Aug 2013, 16:32

KFK, in ny opinion, you guys need a New Thatcher,it seems, someone who knows how to cut the costs in a proper way.
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (26)
Producer

Postby KFKiller » 03 Aug 2013, 16:49

SCH:KFK, in ny opinion, you guys need a New Thatcher,it seems, someone who knows how to cut the costs in a proper way.

Shes the reason why we arn't doing so well in the first place, she's the one who sold off all of our infrastructure to foreign investors etc. We do not need another Thatcher thats for sure haha.

She was a conservative and so is that limp wristed cameron, whos on a choke leash controlled by Obama and the European Union!
KFKiller (27)
Producer

Postby soepa » 03 Aug 2013, 17:56

KFKiller:You should live somewhere else if you are complaining about Sweden, come to the UK it never gets cold never gets hot and when it does everyone panic's. Schools close because of 3/4cm of snow and when it gets hot they cancel loads of public transport services because the infrastructure can't cope!
We have one of the worst immigration problems in Europe, when we are a small set of countries (UK) that are already over populated, we have the EU breathing down our necks and dictating how we should treat the immigrants, the EU wouldn't even let us deport a convicted terrorist to Jordan to face charges. Recently we have had over 100 war criminals exposed that live in our counrty totally paid by the goverment.
52% of the UKs population is struggerling to pay the bills because inflation has shot up so much that the wages haven't increased to keep pace with it thats over 30 million people who struggle to even live.

Sweden is one of the most stable countries in the world with a very high standard of living and a high GDP, you should think yourself lucky to be living in a place where its so stable. Even the UK is stable and I am sure that over 50% of the world lives in poorer conditions than us in the UK and definatley think myself lucky because it could be so much worse.

of course all countries do have problems. both UK and Sweden has horrible immigrantion problems and it keeps going. but obviously people keep voting for the parties that wants higher immigrantion so i guess that's what people want or don't prioritize first.
if it keeps going like this, sweden will not be stable for a longer time.

if you live in an european country or at least in north, south-western, north-eastern part of europe, you should be quite fine, if you compare it to middle east or some african countries.
i'm definately happy that i live in sweden than in Egypt or something like that due all the problem etc.
but still i don't find myself happy here. i'll definately check out some other countries out some day and maybe emigrate to something that might fit be better.

SCH:Ignorance, ignorance and first world problems all over your post, apart from the one about unemployment subsides.
Where to start?
1. The guy is getting sent back to his backwater shithole, which is good enough with me.
2.Hi and welcome to the negative side of representive democracy where we elect people to run the country for us. And stupid as hell? I'm sorry but politicians are often everyday people, apart from the top layer aka parliament. I suggest you check the education level of those people before commenting on that.
3. You blame the lack of jobs on the government? Welll why won't they just put on their job creating helmets and create some jobs then?
Oh sorry I forgot we live in a capitalistic society where companies create the jobs and the government regulate the market, and that's what the government have been doing: Regulating the market, if it's a success depends on who you're asking.
4. Read up on Swedish history regarding alcoholism and you will understand the pricing and the monopoly unless of course, you're ignorant.
5. Yes the unemployment subsides aren't the best at the moment but they're still far better then most countries.
6. The train tickets are expensive and so are the bus tickets because, well, Sweden happens to fucking love cars. And SJ are a bunch of underpayed dudes who struggle with a railroad network badly in need of expansion and restoration.
7. The political correctness is indeed quite silly in Sweden.
8. Wait? You whined on free food? Wow.

1. i agree, still he deserves to be locked in for a long time, being isolated isn't good for a human being. even if he's at his shithole, he could still causing trouble to innocent people (hopefully someone will take care of him there).
2. okay. quite funny how the politcians where i live decided to build a football field next to a fotball field. and across that football field, THERE'S ANOTHER ONE :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (the thing was that the new field was supposed to be used in early spring and perhaps even when it's still snow outside but it just stood there for months with no activity because they didn't install anything to heat the snow away :facepalm:). i've seen and heard so many stupid politicians the recent year that i have lost faith in humanity. and some are actually like you say, regular everyday people.

3. i think that would be something. i don't see it as a sucess since the unemployment has increased ever since Alliansen became the government. idk if de rödgröna (swenglish) would make it any better but hopefully they might, time will tell i guess since de rödgröna probably will "win" next election.
4. i used the pricing as an example, i can afford it since i get drunk easy and i don't need the most expensive beer since they taste all the same anyway imo. personally i think it sucks just because some morons can't handle drinking means us who can will get the blame. but i get your point though, i've seen a nice man being totally fucked up because of alcohol abuse. i personally don't give a crap about the monopoly i just think it's stupid that you can take a driver license, move out and live by yourself, have a job, join the army (correct me if im wrong) etc, but buying alcohol is dangerous and needs a much higher responsibility. anyway i'd enjoy some beers sometimes but i have to ask people i know to comit a crime to get my hands on it, so i don't really ask people about buying (just less than a year left for me before i can buy by myself anyways).

5. do you have any source maybe? i'd like to read about that.
6. i agree with you here. i don't blame the workes but i blame on SJ, SL and trafikverket. at least now they got their thumbs out their arses to actually start to expand the railroad between Kallhäll and Tomteboda, so in some years it might actually become much better (but i guess some other problems will occur like usual xD)
7. agreed.
8. yes, i do. it's not really free either. even if it would be expensive and considered quality, i still say it's crap.
though i'm a person that is what we swedes say "kinkig" when it comes to food (but i cooked my own food if my parents made something i disliked so im not rude at that point at least).
Last edited by soepa on 03 Aug 2013, 18:27, edited 4 times in total.
soepa (24)
State Celebrity

Location: Sweden (se) I live at home, my home is next to my neighbours house and my neighbours house is next to my house.

Postby SCH » 03 Aug 2013, 18:00

KFKiller:
SCH:KFK, in ny opinion, you guys need a New Thatcher,it seems, someone who knows how to cut the costs in a proper way.

Shes the reason why we arn't doing so well in the first place, she's the one who sold off all of our infrastructure to foreign investors etc. We do not need another Thatcher thats for sure haha.

She was a conservative and so is that limp wristed cameron, whos on a choke leash controlled by Obama and the European Union!

Yeah it's so bad that Thatcher sold the coal mines so people could get proper jobs :P. The Tories will prolly just need some time to get their stuff rolling, we had the same thing in Sweden. You also have to keep in mind that there's still a shitty economical situation all over the world!
I'm grumpier than you.

SCH (26)
Producer

Postby DirtyTok » 03 Aug 2013, 21:21

If you guys are talking about immigration problems, you can also check out our little beloved Norway :) lol, but yeah indeed London is overfilled with muslims and non-western immigrants. I even heard a while ago that some people wanted to change the national currency (switch out the GBP) and replace is with some other shit in south London or somthng.
Boys of WIllem fan-club owner
DirtyTok (25)
State Hero

Postby AudaSpexx » 05 Aug 2013, 20:09

The whole EU is fkin corrupt!
They want to ban e-cigs and snus but not regular cigs... oh and they also want to ban nicotine-gums that isn't owned by a tobacco-company. The EU parlament should be non-profit, that way we could live a bit better here... All they are thinking of is money. They do not gain any profits on snus or e-cigs, only cigs and nicotine-gums and patches owned by tobacco-companies!

Wow, we are getting WAYYYY off topic here, going off topic in an off topic-post. Offtopic-ception! :rofl:
AudaSpexx (24)
Producer

Postby SCH » 05 Aug 2013, 22:50

EU>No EU

The bureaucracy of the EU is a 'bit' weird, but the trade benefits are quite large, it's just that we as everyday people aren't seeing as much of them, just look at Norway and compare their prices to ours if you want a hint on how a non-EU Sweden would look like.
I'm grumpier than you.

SCH (26)
Producer

Postby Diamanic » 07 Aug 2013, 10:57

:+

You guys went waaaaaaay off topic! But that's oke haha, I am always u for discussing things!
It's a shame though it's not going to apply much for me now, since I decided to actually move back to holland...I have been waiting to start here in Sweden since November last year, tried everything to get a job or speed things up to get a personnummer, but it all didn't work...Migrationsverket is a complete fail and I just have to move on with my life, also since I am out of money now...
But thanks for all the tips though :D
Diamanic (27)
Producer

Postby AudaSpexx » 07 Aug 2013, 18:48

Diamanic:I decided to actually move back to holland

Well, that's a punch in the stomach! D':
AudaSpexx (24)
Producer

Postby Dj_Mazzanotti » 08 Aug 2013, 03:14

Always funny to see europeans complaining about their countries. C'mon, you all should be really grateful to be there. Trust me. ;)

Dj_Mazzanotti (28)
State Native

Postby Future Shokk » 08 Aug 2013, 18:08

Dj_Mazzanotti:Always funny to see europeans complaining about their countries. C'mon, you all should be really grateful to be there. Trust me. ;)

Valid point you've got there :p But as u can see we europeans like it to complain on a high level :+ Sure many things could be better in the EU but it could be also much worser on the other side ;)
Future Shokk (34)
Global Mod

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles