Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Moving to Sweden

Sweden, Norway and Denmark

Postby Diamanic » 30 Jul 2013, 17:20

Food is more expensive, drinks are, electronics are quite equal (some stuff is cheaper in Sweden though). And stuff such as healthcare and such is really insane
Diamanic (27)
Producer

Postby AudaSpexx » 30 Jul 2013, 17:56

Diamanic:electronics are quite equal (some stuff is cheaper in Sweden though)

For some reason unknown to the human race, good headphones are sometimes ridiculously expensive here in Sweden. That's why I buy headphones from Germany... xD

PA-speakers are also extremely expensive, and studio-monitors, that's why a lot of swedes buy their PA-equipment from thomann.

The only things I can think of that is equally priced are cellphones and mp3-players and stuff like that.

I think medium-range TVs are cheaper in Sweden (TVs that are made inside EU), low-range TVs made in China are more expensive compared to NL, Germany and so on because of the different import-duties (it costs (in %) more for importers to buy bulks of cheap LCDs from China rather than just sell Philips-TVs made in Poland). Very strange, but true.

Also, I think SJs ticket-prices are just fucked up! Also they use some kind of "jojo-system" for their prices. Sometimes, it costs 50 kr to take the train from Strängnäs to Stockholm if you buy the ticket in advance, and sometimes, it costs 110 kr (6 kr cheaper than buying the ticket from a ticket-machine)...
AudaSpexx (24)
Producer

Postby DirtyTok » 30 Jul 2013, 18:12

Diamanic:Food is more expensive, drinks are, electronics are quite equal (some stuff is cheaper in Sweden though). And stuff such as healthcare and such is really insane

You got lots of candy in sweden :) which is cheap!
Boys of WIllem fan-club owner
DirtyTok (25)
State Hero

Postby Diamanic » 31 Jul 2013, 02:21

DirtyTok:
Diamanic:Food is more expensive, drinks are, electronics are quite equal (some stuff is cheaper in Sweden though). And stuff such as healthcare and such is really insane

You got lots of candy in sweden :) which is cheap!

True, Swedes and candy is like...inseperable! They eat loads and loads of em, way more than dutchies do! Also you got insane amounts of chocolate(brands)!
Candy isn't always that cheap though, not always everywhere!
Diamanic (27)
Producer

Postby SCH » 31 Jul 2013, 05:59

We don't eat insane amounts, your gf does :P
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (26)
Producer

Postby Diamanic » 31 Jul 2013, 15:34

SCH:We don't eat insane amounts, your gf does :P

The amount of candy an avarage swede eats in a week is far more than a dutchie :P Always people filling up their bags in the stores!

And yes, my gf is a candymonster :+
Diamanic (27)
Producer

Postby AudaSpexx » 01 Aug 2013, 03:13

Too bad "lösgodis" is very expensive nowadays :( At least in most places, Willys has gone insane, almost 70kr/kg, from what I can remember, they used to have lösgodis at 49,90kr/kg... But at least it keeps me away from buying too much ;D
AudaSpexx (24)
Producer

Postby Euphorizer » 01 Aug 2013, 04:26

AudaSpexx:Too bad "lösgodis" is very expensive nowadays :( At least in most places, Willys has gone insane, almost 70kr/kg, from what I can remember, they used to have lösgodis at 49,90kr/kg... But at least it keeps me away from buying too much ;D

Seen it roll at 89 kr/g @ local ICA (6)
Euphorizer (21)
Producer

Postby Leifson » 01 Aug 2013, 20:45

Euphorizer:
AudaSpexx:Too bad "lösgodis" is very expensive nowadays :( At least in most places, Willys has gone insane, almost 70kr/kg, from what I can remember, they used to have lösgodis at 49,90kr/kg... But at least it keeps me away from buying too much ;D

Seen it roll at 89 kr/g @ local ICA (6)

Or like 120 kr/kg at movie theaters! :'(<

Every once in a while, our local ICA MAXI has a sale, where all lösgodis is 29 / kg for a week or so. Very chaotic, there's always a massive fight for the sweets. :-)
Leifson
State Citizen

Postby Shiny » 01 Aug 2013, 20:55

no fighting!!! make a nice long queue instead!! classic sweden
Shiny (24)
State Native

Postby SCH » 01 Aug 2013, 22:24

It would truly be Sweden if one would have to take a cue-note before having a chance at the candy :+
I'm grumpier than you.

SCH (26)
Producer

Postby Diamanic » 02 Aug 2013, 13:29

AudaSpexx:
Diamanic:electronics are quite equal (some stuff is cheaper in Sweden though)

For some reason unknown to the human race, good headphones are sometimes ridiculously expensive here in Sweden. That's why I buy headphones from Germany... xD

PA-speakers are also extremely expensive, and studio-monitors, that's why a lot of swedes buy their PA-equipment from thomann.

The only things I can think of that is equally priced are cellphones and mp3-players and stuff like that.

I think medium-range TVs are cheaper in Sweden (TVs that are made inside EU), low-range TVs made in China are more expensive compared to NL, Germany and so on because of the different import-duties (it costs (in %) more for importers to buy bulks of cheap LCDs from China rather than just sell Philips-TVs made in Poland). Very strange, but true.

Also, I think SJs ticket-prices are just fucked up! Also they use some kind of "jojo-system" for their prices. Sometimes, it costs 50 kr to take the train from Strängnäs to Stockholm if you buy the ticket in advance, and sometimes, it costs 110 kr (6 kr cheaper than buying the ticket from a ticket-machine)...

I REALLY HATE SJ for their fucked up prices. It's insane how much you guys have to pay sometimes. Sure, your country is way bigger than Holland and have to travel a lot more if you wanna go to stockholm from, lets say Skane, but I once paid 1100SEK to go upand down from Lund to Stockholm, whilst 5 weeks earlier the price was 500 ( I went for the last minute, hoping it went cheaper...boy was I wrong). In that perspective, I miss Holland, where the most expensive basically is 300SEK and you can go anywhere the entire day :p
Diamanic (27)
Producer

Postby AudaSpexx » 03 Aug 2013, 00:51

Diamanic:I REALLY HATE SJ for their fucked up prices. It's insane how much you guys have to pay sometimes. Sure, your country is way bigger than Holland and have to travel a lot more if you wanna go to stockholm from, lets say Skane, but I once paid 1100SEK to go upand down from Lund to Stockholm, whilst 5 weeks earlier the price was 500 ( I went for the last minute, hoping it went cheaper...boy was I wrong). In that perspective, I miss Holland, where the most expensive basically is 300SEK and you can go anywhere the entire day :p

I know right? Fucking "yoyo"-prices :(
AudaSpexx (24)
Producer

Postby soepa » 03 Aug 2013, 01:46

DirtyTok:
soepa:
Euphorizer:
You only think Sweden sucks because you've lived there for a long time.. It does get boring after a while.

But I tell you this, a quick glance at the rest of the world and you'll with greate haste realise that you're quite lucky to be a Swede, in my opinion.

idk about being lucky to be a swede, maybe you're right or maybe not, i can't tell since i haven't really lived in another country. i'll probably travel around when i finish 'gymnasiet' and got money for it to look around in the world, but lots of people say there's so much more to do in other countries than sweden. i would never recommend anyone to travel here and spend some vacation time here.

but there is reasons why i think sweden sucks in some ways compared to other countries around. there'll always be good and negative sides, but imo we swedes think we're the best and shit, but we're not the best, even if we wish we were.

And what is it that is SO negative about sweden?

i forgot this thread so sorry for the late answer.

there's lots of stuff, some i can't everything tell due some personal reasons.

anyway:
1. if you get sentenced to jail, you'll get a very short amount of time. good in some cases but that guy that robbed a guy and left him on the train tracks got 1,6 years in prison + he'll get thrown out of sweden after that. 1.6 fucking years for a horrible robbery that could have caused death to a man and probably make a train driver feel bad for the rest of his/her life. he should be jailed for many more years in a jail in his home country. that's just one example.
2. our politicians are stupid as hell, on many different terms. i've been listening to a couple of debates, some of the politicians didn't even bother to come because they know their politics are fucking stupid. i can't tell about what the debate is due some reasons and you would need to be into the subject to understand it. but in other countries this shit doesn't exist because stockholm (and some more around sweden) politicians are a gang of fucking idiots. sorry for my swearing but they are a bunch of idiots tbh.
3. very few jobs available and the government aren't doing anything about it (the government "alliansen" won the election because they wanted to make more jobs for the people, at least if i remember right) and the unemployment has increased since "alliansen" became the government.
4. 20 to buy alcohol and it's expensive.

5.if you got no work but have paid for A-kassa (which is a kind of contribution if you lose your job), you'll get a too small amount of money. believe me my mom had to pay for me, herself and my stupid brother with around 10.000 sek/month. our rent was at 7100 sek. then we had to pay for food, electricity and some other crap. great huh? now you probably think it was our own fault, but my dad rarely gave any money even if he actually was supposed to do that. A-kassa isn't something you should strave for or try to live on, but it's a joke when a mom with two children can't affort to live, fortunately enough she found a job and our house got sold so it turned out good later. but it wasn't fun to live on nothing and to wear 3-4 years old cloths and pretty much worry if we'll get thrown out or not.

the a-kassa is way too low, it should be low IF THERE'S JOBS AVAILABLE (btw it took my mom months to get a job, and before that it 2-3 years of "praoa" (aka testing working at a job but you're not employed). not only that but sick people (like cancer) are being forced to work in Sweden, hey they can walk then they can fucking work, that's what the government think. if you think i talk rubbish, i've read about this several times and those who get's refused to get some kind of breadwinning, usually have been told by a doctor that they are too sick or anything like that to work. that's fucked up and inhuman to attack sick people (even funnier that Fredrik Reinfeldt, the prime minister of sweden, talks about every human has the same worth, yeah right...). anyway hopefully for me this fall i'll get some cash so i can fucking live and do anything instead of just being at home since i got no job thanks to our fucking goverment that sucks donkey balls.
6. train tickets are high as hell, i even think sweden is one of the countries with the most expensive train tickets. quite funny how the politicians wants people to take the train instead of the car, when it's still quite expensive and takes more time (especially with delays which is common during the winter, it's too hard for trafikverket to fix it obviously).

7. the news papers or any media pretty much are defending some criminals by not writing out their etnicity. i see that as a mockery towards the crime victim. if a swede does something then they'll write it out, but if like someone from example africa does something, they don't write it out. i think it should not matter, even if a swede or african or an alien whatever does something, write it out since it can help way more to possibly get the criminal arrested. i think it's worse that political correctness is more important than someone that might have gotten their life ruined. i've seen that in denmark and norway this isn't happening or isn't too common.
8. the food in swedish school are horrible but the food in swedish jails are actually better in quality etc. as an example i've not eaten any potatoes from school since 2002, because they changed it that year. i promise it smells horrible, i can't stand the smell from whatever that kind of potato that is. and i love potatoes otherwise (and those i buy at ica aren't expensive at all imo). i eat at home nowdays since i love close from school.

there's good things about sweden but also lots of negative things about it. if you're interested to hear more than sure i can write another wall of text probably.
soepa (24)
State Celebrity

Location: Sweden (se) I live at home, my home is next to my neighbours house and my neighbours house is next to my house.

Postby SCH » 03 Aug 2013, 09:16

Ignorance, ignorance and first world problems all over your post, apart from the one about unemployment subsides.
Where to start?
1. The guy is getting sent back to his backwater shithole, which is good enough with me.
2.Hi and welcome to the negative side of representive democracy where we elect people to run the country for us. And stupid as hell? I'm sorry but politicians are often everyday people, apart from the top layer aka parliament. I suggest you check the education level of those people before commenting on that.
3. You blame the lack of jobs on the government? Welll why won't they just put on their job creating helmets and create some jobs then?
Oh sorry I forgot we live in a capitalistic society where companies create the jobs and the government regulate the market, and that's what the government have been doing: Regulating the market, if it's a success depends on who you're asking.
4. Read up on Swedish history regarding alcoholism and you will understand the pricing and the monopoly unless of course, you're ignorant.
5. Yes the unemployment subsides aren't the best at the moment but they're still far better then most countries.
6. The train tickets are expensive and so are the bus tickets because, well, Sweden happens to fucking love cars. And SJ are a bunch of underpayed dudes who struggle with a railroad network badly in need of expansion and restoration.
7. The political correctness is indeed quite silly in Sweden.
8. Wait? You whined on free food? Wow.
I'm grumpier than you.

SCH (26)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles