Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

General purpose thread

Postby VOL-E » 25 Jun 2018, 14:43

ceero:0 new NC tunes from Defqon, what the actual fuck :(

I bet he ghost produces a lot, even if its not hardstyle, with his talent in sound he can make movie OSTs easily :)
I take you through the night... through the night... show you all those city lights!
VOL-E (29)
Crab

Postby Digital Shifter » 25 Jun 2018, 16:21

ThePrincipal:maybe Bas is going to start winding down.....he never looks that excited at a gig anymore imo

Yeah well.. Even legends can wear out.. He still eventually is, in my opinion, one of the biggest next to Joram.
If he quits I'm honestly gonna cry..

ThePrincipal:As far as I am concerned, Sub Zero Project and Phuture Noize are pretty much single handedly ensuring hardstyle is NOT in a rut and making sure everyone around them is either pushing themselves or getting out of the way.

True but also false. SZP have pushed the boundaries in kicks imo. Phuture Noize isn't that really known as he is underrated.
I believe that Tim aka Atmozfears is becoming on of the biggest.
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (24)
State Celebrity

Postby SarahKerrigan » 25 Jun 2018, 16:45

I dont know where you get the NC winding down thing from, did you see the interview with Villain before Defqon? In the car I mean where he talks about it even - I doubt he's winding down sometime soon. And didn't he kinda play Through The Night for one of the first time(s)?

Besides the BM album sounds way better than BM productions so maybe Papa Bas's been busy :+
SarahKerrigan
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 25 Jun 2018, 16:48

SarahKerrigan:I dont know where you get the NC winding down thing from, did you see the interview with Villain before Defqon? In the car I mean where he talks about it even - I doubt he's winding down sometime soon. And didn't he kinda play Through The Night for one of the first time(s)?

Besides the BM album sounds way better than BM productions so maybe Papa Bas's been busy :+

Yeah he still seems super enthousiastic about hardstyle/music in general/performing. Too bad his enthousiasm is nowhere to be found in his sets/release frequency. :+ if he said 'i don't care about music anymore' in that video, I would've believed it in a second. Slow releasing, soul-less tracks, extreeemely boring sets, I mean come on, at Defqon you play promo's, period. Look at the Atmozfears set for example. I feel like NC is past his prime.
The only limit is your own imagination.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby SarahKerrigan » 25 Jun 2018, 16:51

Emre:
SarahKerrigan:I dont know where you get the NC winding down thing from, did you see the interview with Villain before Defqon? In the car I mean where he talks about it even - I doubt he's winding down sometime soon. And didn't he kinda play Through The Night for one of the first time(s)?

Yeah he still seems super enthousiastic about hardstyle/music in general/performing. Too bad his enthousiasm is nowhere to be found in his sets/release frequency. :+ if he said 'i don't care about music anymore' in that video, I would've believed it in a second. Slow releasing, soul-less tracks, extreeemely boring sets, I mean come on, at Defqon you play promo's, period. Look at the Atmozfears set for example. I feel like NC is past his prime.

Has it ever though? Noisecontrollers never was the energetic guy at livesets, nor did he throw out releases left and right. Same goes for Wildstylez, not every artist is superbouncy running around spewing out energy. I think this is overanalyzing things thinking he'll wind down honestly. Buuuut who knows really!
SarahKerrigan
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 25 Jun 2018, 16:57

SarahKerrigan:
Emre:

Has it ever though? Noisecontrollers never was the energetic guy at livesets, nor did he throw out releases left and right. Same goes for Wildstylez, not every artist is superbouncy running around spewing out energy. I think this is overanalyzing things thinking he'll wind down honestly. Buuuut who knows really!

Yeah he was always down to earth just like Joram, which is obviously fine, but since SOH he's been so slow with releasing, if you're already a slow-releasing artist, how can you play like, 0 or maybe 1 promo at Defqon? On top of that his social media presence is almost inexist compared to others, I can't get myself to like artists who don't really connect to their fans. He gets completely snowed under by other artists this way. And the only thing I like about his music is the splendid quality of his tracks, but atmosphere-wise a lot of others like SZP, Phuture Noize, Atmozfears are far ahead of him. And I still choose feels/atmosphere over production quality (obviously both at the same time is the best).
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby SarahKerrigan » 25 Jun 2018, 17:09

Emre:
SarahKerrigan:
Emre:

Yeah he was always down to earth just like Joram, which is obviously fine, but since SOH he's been so slow with releasing, if you're already a slow-releasing artist, how can you play like, 0 or maybe 1 promo at Defqon? On top of that his social media presence is almost inexist compared to others, I can't get myself to like artists who don't really connect to their fans. He gets completely snowed under by other artists this way. And the only thing I like about his music is the splendid quality of his tracks, but atmosphere-wise a lot of others like SZP, Phuture Noize, Atmozfears are far ahead of him. And I still choose feels/atmosphere over production quality (obviously both at the same time is the best).

Uhh. On the 23rd of June he mentioned he's posting too rarely in the group, and said sorry but he'll update everyone soon and wished everyone a great Defqon 1. They even hosted a Meet and Greet after Powerhour, I dont see how he's not connecting with fans though?

I agree about Atmozfears, his set was amazing and he's also really doing a great job with his music (and even his stream(s)!) which I guess is always great to see as a fan. I really loved it. I dont know about SZP or PN though as I've never really checked them out and only like SZP out of the two. But yeah, the NC Fan Group kinda took over the artistpage and I'd think it should be the other way around but yeah, join it if you haven't I guess. I'm pretty sure NC is not gonna stop anytime soon, though I wished he'd have much more material done by and played at Defqon.
SarahKerrigan
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 25 Jun 2018, 17:17

Didn't know about that group, thanks :) Btw I obv don't think he will stop or anything, but because of the car interview example you gave - his releasing policy/sets/enthousiasm on stage just doesn't blend with that car interview imo. It's almost like it are 2 different persons lol.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby ceero » 25 Jun 2018, 17:41

When exactly was the last time when Bas had an energetic enthusiastic performance? :P he always looked borderline bored behind the decks imo

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby Bomberz » 25 Jun 2018, 19:01

Check out this interview, it is interesting :)
Bomberz (24)
Global Mod

Postby Midrow » 30 Jun 2018, 15:13

Hey guys, I wonder if you know a similar set like this one "XTRA RAW #5" by Olero https://soundcloud.com/official-olero/x ... 5-by-olero

What I like about this is that he showcases so many different kicks throughout the set, love the "surprise" moments so to say. Which is perfect for going to the gym! So I would highly appreciate if you could share similar sets :D
Midrow
State Newcomer

Postby The Convicted » 30 Jun 2018, 15:21

Try out the sets of Gearbox's raw artists (in case you didn't) and the podcast of Rawstyle Nation.
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby The Ascendant » 30 Jun 2018, 19:45

I just was looking at the Unreleased Hardstyle section and was amazed by the amount of unreleased tracks played at Defqon.1 this year.. Really cool by the artists to put so much effort into making a bunch of new tracks and also Q-Dance for streaming alot of acts. ( And thankfully not cutting too many :+ )
The Ascendant (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Alex149 » 22 Jul 2018, 15:04

AVB has been playing an early-ish track lately in his sets, although with rather new sound design. I thought it sounded really dope. It's labelled as ID though.
Alex149
Producer

Postby iarsenal11 » 22 Jul 2018, 15:44

Alex149:

AVB has been playing an early-ish track lately in his sets, although with rather new sound design. I thought it sounded really dope. It's labelled as ID though.

It's a W&W track. They confirmed it on FaceBook earlier this week.
Stand before them and there is no beginning, follow them and there is no end.
Stay with the Project, move with the One.
iarsenal11
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles