Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Phuture Noize - Black Mirror Society (Album) [Q-Dance]

Discuss all Hardstyle albums, dvd's etc. here.

Postby bassfaceBAM » 13 Jun 2018, 23:54

Sweeps, crashes? Care to explain this to me. I don't know all the terminology
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 14 Jun 2018, 10:32

bassfaceBAM:Sweeps, crashes? Care to explain this to me. I don't know all the terminology

Sweep is the rising white noise you generally hear before a drop, to build-up the energy that is released when climax/anticlimax/drop kicks in.

Crash is a type of drum.
esskeetit
lilfrenchidiot
State Native

Postby Neko » 14 Jun 2018, 11:05

bassfaceBAM:Sweeps, crashes? Care to explain this to me. I don't know all the terminology

A crash is a sound like this:

Its used in hardstyle for different things. A crash often is used for the effect of either building up tension or resolving tension which was built up right before.

Mainly a crash is used right at the first beat of the drop (typical for a bit older hardstyle or euphoric hardstyle)

also quick consecutive short-cut crashes can be found sometimes at the end of a drop.
Show spoiler

Maybe difficult to make out, the crashes are from 2:18 on twice per beat first and after 4 beats they fade out there. But you can take basically any track and you'll find this effect.

The third use for crashes is, when in a break or a part without a kick something new is presented, its often intruduced with a crash, in this case, one single kickdrum is played and is accompanied with a crash

Phuture Noize as far as I can recall doesn't really use crashes on the first beat of the drop, which is common for rawstyle and not really common for melodic drops (But he's not the only one doing this, using no crash on melodic drops, it seems that this is the trend right now).

Sweeps: They can sound really different, a crash for example is pretty distinct sounding but a sweep has a wide possible sound design range. A collection of sweeps:

If you listen closely, phuture noize uses almost always sweeps in the build up part before a drop so I don't get the point of guys saying that he doesn't use any (He uses them maybe a bit more subtle than me in my own productions for example, but he uses them.)

Hope I could clarify some things here dont hesitate to PM me if you still got questions ;)
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (26)
Producer

Postby Emre » 14 Jun 2018, 11:20

I knew what crashes and sweeps are, but that's a quality informative post man! :D
Last edited by Emre on 14 Jun 2018, 20:35, edited 2 times in total.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby Bomberz » 14 Jun 2018, 20:33

Thanks for that post Neko _O_, I had no idea those sounds are crashes and sweeps :+
Bomberz (24)
Global Mod

Postby bassfaceBAM » 15 Jun 2018, 21:49

Neko:

A crash is a sound like this:

Its used in hardstyle for different things. A crash often is used for the effect of either building up tension or resolving tension which was built up right before.

Mainly a crash is used right at the first beat of the drop (typical for a bit older hardstyle or euphoric hardstyle)

also quick consecutive short-cut crashes can be found sometimes at the end of a drop.
Show spoiler

Maybe difficult to make out, the crashes are from 2:18 on twice per beat first and after 4 beats they fade out there. But you can take basically any track and you'll find this effect.

The third use for crashes is, when in a break or a part without a kick something new is presented, its often intruduced with a crash, in this case, one single kickdrum is played and is accompanied with a crash

Phuture Noize as far as I can recall doesn't really use crashes on the first beat of the drop, which is common for rawstyle and not really common for melodic drops (But he's not the only one doing this, using no crash on melodic drops, it seems that this is the trend right now).

Sweeps: They can sound really different, a crash for example is pretty distinct sounding but a sweep has a wide possible sound design range. A collection of sweeps:

If you listen closely, phuture noize uses almost always sweeps in the build up part before a drop so I don't get the point of guys saying that he doesn't use any (He uses them maybe a bit more subtle than me in my own productions for example, but he uses them.)

Hope I could clarify some things here dont hesitate to PM me if you still got questions ;)

Thanks man always great to learn more. Appreciate you taking the time to explain
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby bassfaceBAM » 15 Jun 2018, 22:28

Got this album on repeat. I honestly think this album is more instantly satisfying than Pursuit of Thunder. PoS I think is a great album but BMS gets me on an emotional level PoS never did.
I think We Are The Future is a strong contender for my toty. Speaking of thst track could anyone get a hold of the lyrics and we're the same is from when the guy is talking?
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby NICK9656 » 16 Jun 2018, 01:47

After the boring and disappointing Pursuit Of Thunder album (more a unpopular opinion), this one is just fantastic.

My favorite track is definitely World Of Distortion. What a melody. _O_
"The Only Limit Is Your Own Imagination"
NICK9656 (22)
State Celebrity

Postby Uriah » 16 Jun 2018, 03:59

HardstyleLJ:dreaming about how amazing it would be if he used kicks like SZP, Devin Wild or Atmozfears :(

Dude, I'm not hating on the kicks the guys you mentioned make, but I personally find the fact that PN makes kicks they way he does really awesome. Besides, imho many of PN kicks have more drive than SZP, Devin Wild and Atmozfears. In addition, I'm finding that nowadays everyone use those types of kicks, such as Code Black, Toneshifterz, and Adrenalize. I find PN's kicks stand out more because of that fact.
Uriah
State Outsider

Postby adamross » 19 Jun 2018, 20:57

I first listened to the album while work. I had to go to a private meeting room to just experience it fully..i was just..speechless. Last track finished and i was staring at me screen in awe. I follow Marco since GHF, i knew he will be amazing when i heard his first snippet on Zippy.

_O_ _O_
adamross
Producer

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 19 Jun 2018, 22:50

- Audioception
- Phuture Propaganda
- Black Mirror Society

The 3 Hardstyle albums I would consider as great Electronic Music albums. Haven't yet listened to the Vazard album in full though.
esskeetit
lilfrenchidiot
State Native

Postby bassfaceBAM » 20 Jun 2018, 01:29

lilfrenchidiot:- Audioception
- Phuture Propaganda
- Black Mirror Society

The 3 Hardstyle albums I would consider as great Electronic Music albums. Haven't yet listened to the Vazard album in full though.

I would swap Phuture Propaganda for Beyond Reality
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby D-Jess » 21 Jun 2018, 10:57

I just finished to listen it yesterday.

I found it at the same time better and less good than Pursuit Of Thunder imo, better bc Black Mirror Society has a well-followed and coherent theme unlike Pursuit Of Thunder where I felt less.
And at the same time, I found the tracks, at the first listen, less impressive than the first listen to the tracks I had with Pursuit Of Thunder.

It's still an awesome album, with incredible tracks like Drift Away, Circles and Squares, Lost In The Moment or Kill The Future _O_
D-Jess (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Katsching » 21 Jun 2018, 17:38

lilfrenchidiot:-

Haven't yet listened to the Vazard album in full though.

You won't regret it
description of TOA - Genosha 175 #10:
The Outside Agency is more powerful than a locomotive that is more powerful than two locomotives!
Katsching (23)
State Hero

Postby The Convicted » 29 Jul 2018, 14:18

Little bit late on this, but I have to admit I didn't really feel this album after several listenings. And now I can tell sometimes it requires a bit longer time for something to grow on me. Marco, if you ever read this: brillant work, AGAIN _O_
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominant Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles