Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Project One - Maximum Force (Defqon.1 Anthem 2018) [Q-Dance]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby Amperial » 29 May 2018, 22:16

KiLLu12258:
Amperial:
The Ascendant:This is one of the first tracks in my 10 years of listening to Hardstyle that I have disliked more and more as I have listened to it. At first I was keen to it and hoping Q-Dance might have a new concept like Hard Bass with multiple anthems, but if this is IT (the 1 and only anthem) then this might be one of the biggest letdowns in Hardstyle history in my opinion.

Totally.

The worst thing is the obvious abuse and milking of big names.
They are just destroying the defqon vibe and the good old Project One name.

Defqon is losing the spirit with that shit.

I've never ranted about the Defqon Anthems. The last two ones were great - even at first listen.
But this one is the worst of them all.

Not giving other producers the chance is one thing. A terrible generic "Anthem" with cheesy chords without atmosphere from well known Producers is the climax.

i cant see defqon is losing the spirit couse of this track.. defqon is a bit more then one track, okay you will hear it a few times, i bet you will party on the track and after defqon maybe you dont hear it again.

for me its still a okayish anthem and im fine with it, but for sure its nothing special and specially for p1 a bit generic..

It's more about killing the vibe with that over the top marketing of Headhunterz and Project One. That cheesy sounding random track which doesn't fit the theme is just the top of it.

In terms of pure Hardstyle feeling Intents just took over. It just feels like the organizers try to give people the best, pure experience.

And it's not about Defqon only. Their other events like Qapital do start the marketing twist too. The first two editions have a different atmosphere if you know what i mean. Q-BASE gone down. It doesn't fit their concept with that "underground" vibe. I wonder what kind of festival will be next to replace it.

Maybe it's an exaggeration but that's my honest opinion.
Amperial
State Senior Citizen

Postby ThePrincipal » 30 May 2018, 01:14

Emre:
John Cove:Of course anthems have to be more epic than regular tracks.
Otherwise no one would need them.

The Prophecy/Colours Of The Harder Styles/Science & Religion/CTRL ALT DELETE/No Time To Waste.

Legendary anthems that stood out from the masses.

About this track, it's a very proper euphoric track with an amazing intro. Defo in my top 10 so far this year.

I understand, but when is an anthem more epic than regular tracks? It's purely taste. Ctrl Alt Del definitely isn't even in my 2009 top10. It's subjective. And if for example Wildstylez makes an anthem which apparently is better than his usual tracks, it means he isn't giving his 100% effort with his usual tracks. If you can make a track which is better than your normal releases, then why not make all your normal releases at 'anthem level'. The quality of this track technically is top notch, the rest (feeling I mean) is always taste. I just don't care so much about anthems, imo the days where anthems were the pinnacle tracks of the year have been over for ages.

and honestly, you hear the anthem 3-5 times at DQ weekend, then it's barely ever played again. So much good tracks coming out in 2017 and 2018 so far, that any anthem feels average imo. The standard of Hardstyle is currently just really high. Tho I now do think that Atmozfears or SZP should have done the anthem.

I mean John, you probably love Scrap Attack, No Time To Waste, World Of Madness, just like me and many others? Why? Because for us, it has the true anthem feeling. But there probably are enough people that think Scrap Attack, No Time To Waste, and World Of Madness are empty as fuck and have no anthem feeling, and gave the same reactions a lot of others give on the 2018 anthem today. Anthem always get really mixed reactions + anthems tend to grow on people afterwards a lot of times.

+1 on the Scrap Attack view being empty ;)
No time to Waste and World of Madness are sick though!
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby Gommes_ » 31 May 2018, 22:34

bassfaceBAM:
Gommes_:Of course, everything is subjective. It all comes down to taste. But where does the special importance lie? Just by saying it is the track for a festival? So, what's so special about it? That the track description ends with "(Defqon.1 20xx Anthem)? That's not enough for me. The track is supposed to rise above other productions. At least for me.

And it looks like for many people the track does not capture the feeling of that event. So just saying, it is special cause they put the label "anthem" on it is pretty weak imo.

Subjective is the key word here but I think this track tucks alot the boxes it should have to become anthem status.

It is without question a well made track from the technical aspect. Not surprising since Wildstylez and Headhunterz are leaders in their field, the production quality is something that cannot be argued with.
As far as capturing the spirit of Defqon well, it does have the traditional Defqon voice and it certainly has the tribal atmosphere Defqon is known for.
It also has a sense of pride of hardstyle history. It's celebrating 10 years of Project One and Defqon itself with the lyrics used, the simple melody and general structure of the track with a handful of modern elements added.

Weather you like the track or not those points are to hard to argue with. I reckon Q Dance are happy with result.

Off topic but is it not just awesome to talk to other people about this music? I mean loads of my mate like hardstyle but not to the extent they're on forums or whatnot.

It is great to talk about it. How it was mentioned before, we could always end every discussion with claiming it's all subjective. But then we wouldn't need that forum ;)

I am not saying anything against the production level. Besides some raw tracks you don't really have to in today's hardstyle anyway imo. The tribal elements are the only thing I like in the anthem, even though I think it works better in Children of Drums. I really can't see anything epic in this track and since it's Project 1 I did give it a chance. Many times actually. And when I compare it to the Intents anthem e.g. it barely has any chance. For the last 3 or 4 years these anthems were much better than the defqon one's. I think you can't really blame Q-Dance for that but there is something Intents does right when it comes to tracks for their party.
I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (33)
State Native

Postby bassfaceBAM » 01 Jun 2018, 16:30

Gommes_:
bassfaceBAM:
Gommes_:Of course, everything is subjective. It all comes down to taste. But where does the special importance lie? Just by saying it is the track for a festival? So, what's so special about it? That the track description ends with "(Defqon.1 20xx Anthem)? That's not enough for me. The track is supposed to rise above other productions. At least for me.

And it looks like for many people the track does not capture the feeling of that event. So just saying, it is special cause they put the label "anthem" on it is pretty weak imo.

Subjective is the key word here but I think this track tucks alot the boxes it should have to become anthem status.

It is without question a well made track from the technical aspect. Not surprising since Wildstylez and Headhunterz are leaders in their field, the production quality is something that cannot be argued with.
As far as capturing the spirit of Defqon well, it does have the traditional Defqon voice and it certainly has the tribal atmosphere Defqon is known for.
It also has a sense of pride of hardstyle history. It's celebrating 10 years of Project One and Defqon itself with the lyrics used, the simple melody and general structure of the track with a handful of modern elements added.

Weather you like the track or not those points are to hard to argue with. I reckon Q Dance are happy with result.

Off topic but is it not just awesome to talk to other people about this music? I mean loads of my mate like hardstyle but not to the extent they're on forums or whatnot.

It is great to talk about it. How it was mentioned before, we could always end every discussion with claiming it's all subjective. But then we wouldn't need that forum ;)

I am not saying anything against the production level. Besides some raw tracks you don't really have to in today's hardstyle anyway imo. The tribal elements are the only thing I like in the anthem, even though I think it works better in Children of Drums. I really can't see anything epic in this track and since it's Project 1 I did give it a chance. Many times actually. And when I compare it to the Intents anthem e.g. it barely has any chance. For the last 3 or 4 years these anthems were much better than the defqon one's. I think you can't really blame Q-Dance for that but there is something Intents does right when it comes to tracks for their party.

Intents anthems are decent for sure especially for my tastes which is geared towards raw. The latest anthem is certainly one of if not the best this year so far. It also looks an amazing festival. But it's just one song like someone said before and we still have the OST to look forward to.
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby Romanian Hardstyler » 07 Jun 2018, 13:32

Wildstylez i think has the major influence in the P1 tracks right now, Headhunterz is in a lack of inspiration imo
Romanian Hardstyler (26)
State Celebrity

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 07 Jun 2018, 14:48

This anthem really grew on me, love it now (L)

BTW this could have been Wildstylez solo, don't hear much HHZ in here tbh (not that it's a bad thing but I fell they forced the name Project One on it)
you ain't shit, i get lit
lilfrenchidiot
State Native

Postby boyestar » 07 Jun 2018, 16:52

Good or not, believe me when this is playing in the sun that is out these last couple of weeks overhere and you are standing there with your beers or whatever your drinking. It will be a good experience :) (H)
boyestar
State Senior Citizen

Postby Sausagefish » 10 Jun 2018, 16:30

I like the anthem! :)
Sausagefish
State Outsider

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles