Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

What happened to some artist topic.

Postby zanshi » 04 Jun 2018, 21:32

in-phase both have fulltime jobs, are still producing and dj'ing but more hobby-wise if i understood correctly :)
"ars ex scientia"
zanshi (26)
State Hero

Postby ThePrincipal » 05 Jun 2018, 01:14

Emre:Of course, but I don't think that 1-2 bookings per 6 months or something will have any effect on their bills. They could've played on way more parties, but only play on classic events/stages. That shows they just don't like the direction of Hardstyle in my eyes.

So what if they don't like the direction of hardstyle in your eyes? They play what they like - i'm sure they get paid a decent wage and i'm sure most of the older guys have full time work also.

Would you prefer they try to make modern stuff and fail at it, meaning the old stuff is forgotten?
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 05 Jun 2018, 10:41

Dude I never said there was anything wrong with it but congratulations on taking my whole post out of context. Ceero posted why someone like Coone is so popular and guys like AVIO don't get big/frequent bookings and I posted that I think they're totally fine with being smaller. So they choose to only do the gigs where they can still play the music they fell in love with in the first place.

I fail to see where in my post was ANY kind of judgement or disagreement with those artists, but I'll just guess you didn't read those posts for longer than 5 seconds.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby John Cove » 05 Jun 2018, 19:43

ThePrincipal:
Emre:Of course, but I don't think that 1-2 bookings per 6 months or something will have any effect on their bills. They could've played on way more parties, but only play on classic events/stages. That shows they just don't like the direction of Hardstyle in my eyes.

So what if they don't like the direction of hardstyle in your eyes? They play what they like - i'm sure they get paid a decent wage and i'm sure most of the older guys have full time work also.

Would you prefer they try to make modern stuff and fail at it, meaning the old stuff is forgotten?

You totally misunderstood him tho ;-)
John Cove (30)
Crab

Postby M3dia » 06 Aug 2018, 14:48

He's not listed at "The Wishlist Agency" anymore https://www.the-wishlist.nl/artists/ while his Facebook still says you have to contact them for bookings
M3dia (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby maschine » 06 Aug 2018, 15:09

From all the comments i read you are so sure of what you are saying im surprised how you come up with this, because reality is quite different and you can only see that from the backstage of the scene. Saying something like "could've played on way more parties" is quite a strong statement because thats a luxury that only minority of artists can afford. :)
maschine
Producer

Postby Cykain » 06 Aug 2018, 15:21

M3dia:He's not listed at "The Wishlist Agency" anymore https://www.the-wishlist.nl/artists/ while his Facebook still says you have to contact them for bookings

yes.. and no activity on his socials anyway.. o_O
Cykain
State Native

Postby Emre » 06 Aug 2018, 15:23

maschine:

From all the comments i read you are so sure of what you are saying im surprised how you come up with this, because reality is quite different and you can only see that from the backstage of the scene. Saying something like "could've played on way more parties" is quite a strong statement because thats a luxury that only minority of artists can afford. :)

If you read back a bit you see it was about Scope DJ, Davide Sonar and Ivan Carsten. Check back how many gigs they had in the past, maybe around 2010, and compare it with now. Are you saying they can't play more than 1-2 bookings per 6 months at this moment? That was my point, all 3 don't produce anymore, or ghost? I don't know, at least they're not very active, IF they stayed active they would have more bookings than only a few classic bookings each year. And for the 3rd time I never said it was a bad thing. I just said I think they could have more bookings, if they were more active. Don't see how this is 'coming up with something', it's the same logic as 'X artist quit in 2010. It's now 2018. If he didn't quit, he would have had more than 0 bookings in 8 years'. Is that true? Yes it, very probably, is. You didn't get the context. Oh and start counting the 'imo's, 'i think's' etc in my posts, I don't think I'm some infinite truth teller. This was just what <<< i think >>>

It's really tiring when you have to explain your post for 3 times just because context seems so hard to understand o_O by saying I'm wrong here you're basically saying those 3 artists could have made hit after hit the past years and it wouldn't have had any effect on the amount of their gigs. Of course it has effect. They're less active, they don't pop up in the spotlights anymore, agencies see no market in them anymore, they get less gigs. Of course there are more factors that play a role in bookings, but the basic keep releasing music & stay active on social media to stay relevant still apply, and guess what? They're all 3 barely active. :lol:
Last edited by Emre on 06 Aug 2018, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby maschine » 06 Aug 2018, 15:39

As a matter of fact i did not red back all the comments from the first page, but from the quoted comment and few a bit above i have got a bit different view on how you view things including that you thought that artist can just choose bookings (" They could've played on way more parties, but only play on classic events/stages." sounded like a choice right ), because thats what you wrote and pardon me i didnt red everything before to associate with the context before :)
maschine
Producer

Postby Emre » 06 Aug 2018, 15:42

maschine:As a matter of fact i did not red back all the comments from the first page, but from the quoted comment and few a bit above i have got a bit different view on how you view things including that you thought that artist can just choose bookings (" They could've played on way more parties, but only play on classic events/stages." sounded like a choice right ), because thats what you wrote and pardon me i didnt red everything before to associate with the context before :)

No I know they can't just choose bookings, but what they can do, is staying relevant. Staying active on social media, making music, releasing music. They all dropped off the radar. If they kept up the same pace as 8 years ago, things would undeniably be, whether it would be small or big differences, but things would be different for them now, and you can't deny that :P
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles