Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Best phone microphone to record @ parties?

Postby Rocko » 01 May 2018, 23:26

Been wondering this lately, since I'm buying a new phone this year. In my top3 when I buy a new phone; does it have a good enough mic for recording.

Youtube scene in hardstyle has exploded and so many people have dedicated channels that only focus on bringing all the new stuff available to us fans. Those channels are fantastic. I love the people bringing us all these previews. I could also do it, so this is why I'm asking.

So my question to all you people who have the know-how, what should I buy for my hs/hc concert recordings?
No cracks & pops in audio tolerated. Has to be a good filter for the bass. Want the best.

Lmk if you know of any. I'v tried asking the youtubers, so far no concrete results as to which model I should go to.

External mic is also a possibility if you know anything about those.

Thanks _O_
Rocko
Global Mod

Postby Emre » 01 May 2018, 23:46

Can't give you concrete answers but for sure no Samsung :rofl:
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby nolimits59 » 02 May 2018, 00:21

Every phones that runs at least Android 7 SHOULD have a limiter, i have a LG G2 (smartphone from 2013), and since i use a stock Android 7.0, my camera have a limiter and the sound is PERFECT.

EDIT: video i've made a few weeks ago, KRKs blast at full power x) link to the video
nolimits59
Producer

Postby Reverse Ghost » 02 May 2018, 06:27

Use a phone with multiple directional facing microphones for good results. My V20 records audio great but in bass heavy environments the bass just becomes muddy and muted. Best way to experiment is bring earphones in the crowd and take some sample recordings with different settings and go with whichever settings yield the best results. It will never be broadcast quality but more tolerable than audio from the days of the N95 or even pre-7.0.
Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles