Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Interview DRS - About me - Only for those who can handle it!

Read interviews with Hardcore artists

Postby Prof. Hock » 19 Apr 2018, 10:06

Source: https://www.drs-official.com/

1. Let’s go way back in time, how did you come in touch with Hardcore? Was it love at first sight?

Okay cool haha. I’ve always liked any harder kind of music genres and I actually started listening hardcore at the age of 10 when a Dutch friend of mine (Tom S.) moved into Belgium and told me about it. From that moment on I was addicted to the Hardcore music for sure.

2.What is your vision on Hardcore/Uptempo?

According to me uptempo is the harder, faster and rougher kind of hardcore music. I think uptempo made a serious rise In the past 4/5 years because of all the new upcoming DJ’s/Producers who love to make this.

New upcoming producers are trying to get seen and they all try it In a different kind of a way. In my opinion allot of music genres are getting harder.

For instance when you look at the house music. Allot of House Dj’s are playing Hardstyle tracks in their mixes these days.

And you should ask yourself why making it harder..? I think it’s all about elicit some kind of adrenaline by the people.

3. There is a lot of freedom in the genre we call Hardcore, still some people argue a lot about Hardstyle vs Rawstyle vs Hardcore. What is your opinion about this?

I actually like every kind of music genre. And I think it’s cool to hear collaborations between for instance a raw style artist and a hardcore artist. These kind of tracks sometimes create some new kind of style within this music. In this way we’re able to expand our view on making tracks + they will be listened by a different kind of crowd swell. I think that everyone just have to do what they think that is cool.

4. What kinds of stuff can we except in the future?

My first album that will be released in the beginning of 2018.

There will be a second edition of „DRS INVITES"!

The first edition of "DRS Invites" was a already a big succes ! (sold out)

What could i say more.. Expect the unexpected.

5. What is the best thing about the Hardcore scene?

I think the solidarity feeling you can experience at a Hardcore party is the most precious about this scene.

6. What is your favourite thing to do when you are not performing on stage?

Spending time with my family, girlfriend and friends. Working on new tracks. Take a drive somewhere chill and just relax.

Those are the things that make me happy.

7. Which party are you looking forward to?

The second edition of "DRS Invites" and all of those big ass gig's that I can't tell you guys anything about yet.

8. What does your studio look like? Which equipment do you have and which software is installed?

I work with:

Ableton live 9 on a macbook pro.
An apollo audio interface
KRK Rokit 5 monitors
An Akai synthesizer
DT 990 Pro Studio Headphones
A Sh*t load of plugins

9. Describe your music in three words

Hard As Fuck !

10. What was the absolute highlight in your career?

Harmony of Hardcore was insane. All people shouting DRS at the end of my set was the most crazy thing i’ve experienced so far. And the most cool thing about this all is that we caught it on camera and put it inside our personal after movie of Harmony of Hardcore which you can find on my Facebook and youtube channel.

11. Is there a message in your tracks?

Inside every track there is a message. It’s only for those who listen to my tracks for exploring the meaning of it.

12. Do you have any tips for the starting talented producers out there?

Always do what you like to do no matter what others say. Work so hard for It that people can’t ignore you anymore. AND MOST IMPORTANT —> "NEVER SURRENDER!”

Ohyeaah one more thing!

If you would like to release a solo / collaboration track at @Triple Six Records

You're able to upload them here at this website.

It doesn’t matter if you’re still an upcoming / experienced producer. If we like the track we’ll release it!

13. Which DJ's did inspire you at that time to start mixing and producing?

F.Noize, Angerfist & Drokz they’re music inspired me back in those days and still does inspire me nowadays. I have allot of respect for the productions of these guys & for the things they’ve already accomplished in they’re carreers.

14. Can you sum up the most important aspects of an event for you?

A good sound system & a cool light show can do allot! Also the way you threat the visitors and artists have a big impact on the vibe of the party.

15. What do you mostly do when you are finished playing?

First packing my stuff and than I always go to my fans to have a chat and to make some cool pictures.

16. Professionally, what’s your goal?

I’ve always wanted to make a track with Drokz & Angerfist!

You may expect the one with Drokz on my first album.

I also hope to get a chance one day to prove myself at one of the biggest hardcore events like:

Masters Of Hardcore
Thunderdome
Dominator
Defqon 1
Decibel Outdoor

17. How do you start with making a track?

Almost every time in a different kind of a way. sometimes i start by making the kick and sometimes i start by editing vocals. Depends on the moment.

18. What kind of things do you get your inspiration from when you make a track?

My inspiration for music comes out of allot of situations i’ve experienced in my personal life. I always want to bring a certain kind of a message to my warriors through my tracks. Something that could make them stronger In some kind of way.

It should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don’t back down.

Thankz for this Interview!
Prof. Hock (28)
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles