(You can't hide all the genres)

Minor suggestions/new stuff

For news, announcements, suggestions or other talk related to the site itself

Postby Bibifoc » 31 Mar 2018, 21:20

This sounds like a good idea. :D
Bibifoc (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby The Convicted » 31 Mar 2018, 21:48

I was actually thinking about how an organized Other Music section would look like, but I feel like each topics or subsections would be for 1-2 members only to share their thoughts, not to mention the huge amount of genres out there. We might do a voting for what genres you guys would like to see tho and then it's up to you to fill up with some relevant content.

(also really sad to see that subground as a genre has just vanished :()
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominant Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby Valadia » 01 Apr 2018, 00:53

The Convicted:I was actually thinking about how an organized Other Music section would look like, but I feel like each topics or subsections would be for 1-2 members only to share their thoughts, not to mention the huge amount of genres out there. We might do a voting for what genres you guys would like to see tho and then it's up to you to fill up with some relevant content.

(also really sad to see that subground as a genre has just vanished :()

I don't think it's required to have a dedicated section for each genre. If I understoond Katching correctly, you'd just put the genre in the topic title. Besides that, I think there are a lot more people into future house/trap etc. etc. than just subground. I think Katching's idea is a great way to get some life back in the forum.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
Producer

Postby Future Shokk » 01 Apr 2018, 13:32

An own sub section for unreleased tracks with an genre tag behind the track title could turn out quite handy imo. :) For the rest just leave it as it is now.
Future Shokk (33)
Global Mod

Postby Katsching » 01 Apr 2018, 14:05

Future Shokk:An own sub section for unreleased tracks with an genre tag behind the track title could turn out quite handy imo. :) For the rest just leave it as it is now.

I would be fine with that :) When tracks get released, we either add the release date or link to the unreleased track thread of that specific track or we just post the release in the sub section for unreleased tracks :)
description of TOA - Genosha 175 #10:
The Outside Agency is more powerful than a locomotive that is more powerful than two locomotives!
Katsching (23)
State Hero

Postby The Convicted » 01 Apr 2018, 14:40

Ah, alright. I'm supporting it then, I'd infect it with some other releases haha :P

The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby Malgranda » 01 Apr 2018, 15:09

Great idea Katsching!

Katsching:
Future Shokk:An own sub section for unreleased tracks with an genre tag behind the track title could turn out quite handy imo. :) For the rest just leave it as it is now.

I would be fine with that :) When tracks get released, we either add the release date or link to the unreleased track thread of that specific track or we just post the release in the sub section for unreleased tracks :)

We could also add it to the unreleased topic and add some kind of 'flag' to the title indicating it has a release date like [REL] OR [R] for released tracks or [UR] for unreleased tracks.
Malgranda (21)
Global Mod

Postby Valadia » 23 Apr 2018, 20:20

So, what's the state of this? Will it be discussed internally?
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
Producer

Postby Nightstalker » 02 May 2018, 11:30

Oh boy, no clue how to split/change/create section threads it's somewhere in the phpBB "manage forum folders" :\ :sick:

AUSTRIA (Not Australia )
There is always time for SCHNITZEL & BEER!!!
Nightstalker (28)
Beer Mod

Postby Katsching » 02 May 2018, 11:52

Ou, I thought this wouldn't be such a complex thing. I guess I was wrong.
I pmed with Convicted about this and he told me that it would take too much time to clean up the whole Other Music thread and recommended that continuing with the approach discussed above.

for unreleased ones:
Artist - Title [Genre]

for released stuff:
Artist - Title [Label] [Genre]

I guess everyone can distinguish Unreleased from Released stuff by telling whether there is a label?

Only question I've got: Shall we keep posting this stuff among the other random Other Music lists/genres threads or do we want to create an own major thread for individual UR tracks & releases?
description of TOA - Genosha 175 #10:
The Outside Agency is more powerful than a locomotive that is more powerful than two locomotives!
Katsching (23)
State Hero

Postby LASTNAME » 13 Jun 2018, 16:05

Use SSL for harderstate. https://letsencrypt.org/ offers free certificates
LASTNAME
State Outsider

Postby The Convicted » 16 Jun 2018, 10:09

I wonder if you guys find this idea interesting:

hardstyle-f7/unresolved-act-of-god-samplers-collector-topic-t46911.html

This way we shouldn't create shitloads of topics for each samplers coming out for an album, just collect them in one place. Easier to maintain, you can even bookmark a topic to watch when a full track is released etc. :)

The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby VOL-E » 17 Jun 2018, 16:07

Ofc its a lot better... :)
I take you through the night... through the night... show you all those city lights!
VOL-E (29)
Crab

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles