Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

MYST - Alchemy [Nightbreed Records]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby Anile » 13 Mar 2018, 19:19

Love the vocals and damn that climax :fist: :fist: Every track from this EP is filled with quality _O_
Anile
State Citizen

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 13 Mar 2018, 19:23

Vocal is garbage, rest is ok i guess

don't like this track overall tbh
lilfrenchidiot (22)
State Native

Postby D-Jess » 13 Mar 2018, 19:26

For the moment From The Ashes and The Wickedest Ones are awesome _O_
Opinions Of Me is cool :D
D-Jess (23)
State Celebrity

Postby joncala » 13 Mar 2018, 20:20

Not feeling it that much compared to the other two. What a second climax tho (L)

From The Ashes is the fav one for me atm
joncala
State Citizen

Postby Skape » 13 Mar 2018, 20:22

This track is pure perfection (L) And the 2nd climax is out of this world _O_
Skape
State Native

Postby M3dia » 13 Mar 2018, 23:39

Wow (L) (L)
M3dia (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby bassfaceBAM » 14 Mar 2018, 18:12

lilfrenchidiot:Vocal is garbage, rest is ok i guess

don't like this track overall tbh

I'm kind of along the lines of this. Disappointing. It is a solid track but nothing special and vocal is grating
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Bomberz » 15 Mar 2018, 17:51

Not as complex as most of his tracks but that doesn't mean it is less good, it has one hell of a melody and it is really epic :dance: he is really one of a kind!
Bomberz (24)
Global Mod

Postby Jellepetje » 15 Mar 2018, 18:10

I don't like the vocal that much to be honest, but the rest is just perfect _O_
Sooner or later we see, this music is our destiny
Jellepetje (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 15 Mar 2018, 18:16

Don't get me wrong, I think MYST is a good producer, but I kinda fail to see all the hype in his music. I think I'm just bored of BIIIIIIIIIG atmospheres. I like a good atmosphere but I think he goes too far tbh. I kinda lean towards Raw Hardstyle lately, and also Crisis Era/Clockartz/SZP kinda stuff with those new kicks and ideas.

From The Ashes is great though I love it :)
lilfrenchidiot (22)
State Native

Postby macdz » 15 Mar 2018, 20:59

lilfrenchidiot:Don't get me wrong, I think MYST is a good producer, but I kinda fail to see all the hype in his music. I think I'm just bored of BIIIIIIIIIG atmospheres. I like a good atmosphere but I think he goes too far tbh. I kinda lean towards Raw Hardstyle lately, and also Crisis Era/Clockartz/SZP kinda stuff with those new kicks and ideas.

From The Ashes is great though I love it :)

Double that, but I would be grateful as well for some dark shit. It's been so long since we got one. I want that era back :star:
Monitor Audio BX6, NAD C356-BEE, REL T5
macdz (30)
State Hero

Postby bassfaceBAM » 16 Mar 2018, 03:24

Emre:
bassfaceBAM:
Qobalt:WHAAAAAAAT THE ACTUAL FUCK Under Your Skin is in my Top 5 harder styles tracks of all time and WOOT that was written by MYST holy shit let's grab a beer now.

Hahaha.
Imagine how I felt that Endymion,one of my favourite hardcore producers were starting up their own raw label and the first signing was MYST who helped produce the best track of their last album? You I'd actually like to hear them both do another hardcore collab. If you're interested you should check out Behind the Deckz on soundcloud. Roughly an hour interview with guests and then a mix. They most recently did one with GeckO was super interesting and they also did one with MYST. Once you find out exactly why he calls himself MYST and why it's always in capitals you will be even more impressed by the guys mind.

Well, care to explain why his name is MYST? That interview is looong.. :P

OK. MYST tells us that he lives in the northern part of Holland and actually once the place he lives in was it's own country and they spoke there own language maybe around 500 years ago. I looked up the history and from my understanding there was several districts that made up the Counts of Holland and Holland is actually a part of the Netherlands. The particular part he is from spoke a language called Frisian and a "Myst" was a word to describe someone a bit evil, like somesort of evil boy. I have looked this up but can't find anything unfortunately so just need to take his word for it. Also back many years ago northern Europe wrote mostly in Runes and of course the M is always styled like a Rune. I guess having them all in capitals too gives off a Rune like style.

The dude loves Runes man. He also had different symbols when he released his last ep. I asked him what they meant if anything and he told me each had its own meaning.

Green - Epicness and big melodies
Red - Aggression
Yellow - Freaky/Humoristic (yes I don't believe it to be a word but I think he meant to write humorous)

Look up the official audio in the link below and you will see my comment under the name ADAMSKIBEAT

https://youtu.be/HphuT1MgLbk
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 16 Mar 2018, 04:49

Thanks for the effort man (H) yep, in one, faraway url via google I found the word myst is Frisian and this site states 'handy, slightly mean person'.

Btw Frisian is still spoken and it's even officially a language on it's own. You have like 1 new dialect for every 5 kilometers traveled through NL - but Frisian is (the only, afaik?) official independent language in NL that's not classified as a dialect but as an actual language.

Anyways, he probably dug really deep to find that name, it seems uncommon/rare. Deep shit.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby bassfaceBAM » 17 Mar 2018, 01:04

You should check out the interview. He's quite an interesting guy and has some cool opinions about how hardstyle should sound
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby SarahKerrigan » 20 Mar 2018, 20:11

MYST Facebook:Alchemy will be released the 24th of April on Nightbreed records. (Digital only)

WELL WELL WELL.. Just a month of wait till the goodies I guess, that will go by quickly.. right? :(
SarahKerrigan
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles