Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Fausto Crossover show with Yoji Biomehanika Guestmix

For all Hardstyle radioshows & podcasts (Basically all mix series, one topic per series)

Should Yoji be at this year's Defqon?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Don't care
No votes

Total votes : 9

Postby bassfaceBAM » 07 Feb 2018, 04:11

https://m.mixcloud.com/Q-dance/faustos- ... ek-5-2017/

Only putting up this topic as I
can't find a Fausto topic anywhere. Really want to discuss the latest episode with Yoji Biomehanika guestmix. You know since I'm a Yoji nut.

I was very excited to hear this episode and it was very enjoyable. Firstly the techno and trance cuts Fausto put up were excellent. It made for quite a pounding episode. Was also the first time I heard the Dark Pact remix of Joop-The Future, what a great track. The hardstyle tunes were great a part from The Prophet track which was a bit tiresome.
Yoji guestmix had a great intro and kind of captured Yoji's wacky personality. His new tune Life is an Illusion sounded good but also like a bit too much going on so need to hear his mix on my speaker up loud as it was in work with the ear phones in when I heard it. His new edit of hardstyle disco I actually like a lot, better than the Tweekaz mix and surprised he had another edit, I knew he had a few edits of it but just thought he'd play the Tweekaz mix of it. The set was very bouncy and energetic with lots of reverse bass and happy melodies. Certainly has went towards the cheesier side of hard dance in his old age has Yoji and it seems to be more of a common thing among our older producers out there. Mondello, Prophet, Zany among others have all went towards the more Ravey happy sounds. Must be feeling softer in their old age haha. Still Here sounded really good as did the Festuca mix of Never End. Actually cool how he played Zatox Komodo before Never End since he's made a mash up of that before (Never End Heart of Asia mix, in my top 3 Yoji tracks)
The best thing about Yoji for me is his track selection and each transition into the next track felt good. There was quite a few tunes I really liked and had not heard of especially the Shockwave/Beatcaster track and the Rebourne one. Some tracks not totally keen on but within the mix flowed well. Only real disappointment was I wanted it to go a bit harder. Like end it with the Hardhouse Raver remix from Thera. I hope he does end up playing that in his sets. I definitely like the lighter happier side of Yoji Biomehanika but I crave for some harsher sounds from him. And God dammit yoji release in full that fuckin Vision Tokyo track. I need it so bad!

Also poll question. You think Yoji should be at Defqon? I'd love him there and feel he's due a space. So many hardstyle guys respect his Legacy and his sets would fit nicely at the UV. Or even a classic set at Magenta. Wish hard trance had some love at Defqon. I mean hard trance and hardcore are like the parents of hardstyle. Show some respect Q Dance!

Tracklist
Elvis Xhema - Era Begin
Elvis Xhema - Human Design
Ariane Faraone - Pleiades
Hell Driver - Lvl 426
A-Tronix Sven E - Universe
Cenk Basaran - Spoken World
Kiyoi & Eky - Everlong
Joop - Future (Dark Pact remix)
Skyron & J-Traxx - Get Inside
Stephanie - Razor Sharp
The Prophet - Tyrone

Yoji Biomehanika guestmix

ID (think this is Yoji) - Nr. 9
Faderz - The Journey
Keltek - Down to Earth
Timekeeper & Essence - Promise
Yoji Biomehanika & Phantazm - Life is an Illusion
Zatox - Komodo
Yoji Biomehanika - Never End (Festuca remix)
Yoji Biomehanika - It's a Dream
Stephanie - Everybody
Daniele Mondello - I Want You to Go
Yoji Biomehanika & Francesco Zeta - Still Here
Genesiz - Drop Bombs
Yoji Biomehanika - Hardstyle Disco (2018 edit)
Rebourne - Day To Come
Yoji Biomehanika - Storm
Shockwave & Beatcaster - Changes
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Postby ThePrincipal » 07 Feb 2018, 06:51

Dutch crowds past 2009 wouldn't have a clue who Yoji is
And his style is very ........interesting......these days.

His Dq1 2006 red set is absolutely legendary though.
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Native

Postby bassfaceBAM » 07 Feb 2018, 15:48

ThePrincipal:Dutch crowds past 2009 wouldn't have a clue who Yoji is
And his style is very ........interesting......these days.

His Dq1 2006 red set is absolutely legendary though.

That's fair enough point but maybe at Magenta stage alongside other artists of his era. Still like to hear him play a set filled with modern productions. He has alot of love in the UK even now. I seen him in the north of England for Alex Kidd's Kiddstock festival couple of years back. He did a great diverse set. So maybe the White would be a better area for him.
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Postby ThePrincipal » 08 Feb 2018, 14:07

yeah he came to visit Australia this time last year - played sort of half classics, half Audiofreq/Rebourne/Atmozfears stuff - was weird but still nice

I am so glad I saw Yoji in his prime in 2006 and 2007. Tech trance and other harder stuff at its finest.

ThePrincipal
State Native

Postby ThePrincipal » 08 Feb 2018, 14:46

that 2018 edit of Hardstyle Disco is so beautiful though <3

ThePrincipal
State Native