Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Unpopular opinions

Postby Emre » 22 Jan 2018, 17:14

Bass Modulators would be better off without Spirit of Hardstyle. If they weren't being held back by stupid group projects, they would be among the elite of HS.

Mantra was better than any track Noisecontrollers, Atmozfears, or Audiotricz released in 2017.

Shadows was better than any track Noisecontrollers, Atmozfears, or Audiotricz released in 2016.

Requi3m was the second best Hard Bass anthem ever (Be Amazed was slightly better).

all of my wats.

I agree with you completely about NCBM. They bring out the worst in each other.

Dragonblood was the worst Defqon.1 anthem ever. I have no idea what they were thinking there.

do agree with this though.
The only limit is your own imagination.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby ceero » 23 Jan 2018, 12:55

In my opinion BM are one of the most boring superstar acts out there. There are a few amazing tunes like Let Me See Ya or Shadows, but thats about it. Really dont get how they got to do a DQ1 anthem

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby The Convicted » 23 Jan 2018, 18:16

I also have these mixed feelings about the SOH concept. Speaking of Noisecontrollers and Atmozfears, we got two heavyweights of the scene without doubt, but as for BM and Audiotricz... I don't know. Never been a fan of the latest two. I guess it has a lot to do the things happened this way with their good relationship between each other.

One thing I hope that Bas and Tim have a huge influence on them :D
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominant Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby niconietom » 25 Jan 2018, 20:43

The track 'Seven' by E-Force fucking sucks :sick: :sick:
Welcome to the aftershock.
niconietom (21)
State Native

Postby Double-T » 05 Mar 2018, 13:08

I'm just going to throw that here, don't really know where else to put it.
On Saturday I attended "I Am Hardstyle - Germany edition" in Mannheim with, obviously, Brennan Heart as headliner.
Had the opportunity to see Da Tweekaz, Wildstylez, TNT, Brennan and Sub Zero Project Live.

Not really going to talk abour the other sets but damn it, Brennan Heart's two hour set was the worst fucking thing I ever saw. And not just talking about hardstyle here. I used to be one of those people who said thought nothing ever looked (or sounded) bad in a festival and a good sound system but wow, how much that sucked was just out of this world.

It was a damn pop show, even Jonathan Mendelsohn was on stage and sang two songs live. I mean ok the guy has a nice voice but still, when did Hardstyle become such a pop concert. There was absolutely no consistency in his set, no logic (they guy closed his set with FIFO - I mean really ?!). I usually am still able to dance my ass off even if I don't really like the hardstyle, but there were soooooooo many breaks during those two hours I couldn't enjoy anything.

What most struck me is that I was probably not the only one to think that, judging by the half empty dancefloor during his set (Wildstylez played 23:00-00:00) and the dancefloor was way more packed.

And, on top of everything, man the guy is cocky :rofl: I mean his set intro was just a joke :
- " pioneer of hardstyle" / " best producer in the world " and so on
Oh jeez, go suck your own dick while you're at it.

Thank god he was followed by Sub Zero Project Live - they just saved the party, I would have been really disappointed to leave the show after THAT.
I felt it before I heard it.
The heartbeat of a place I knew I belonged.
Double-T (26)
Baguette Baguette!

Postby iarsenal11 » 05 Mar 2018, 13:48

I really enjoy psy kicks in Hardstyle. Especially the ones in the new Headhunterz mini album. But even in general I think they are great.
Stand before them and there is no beginning, follow them and there is no end.
Stay with the Project, move with the One.
iarsenal11
State Senior Citizen

Postby Twixel » 05 Mar 2018, 13:57

iarsenal11:I really enjoy psy kicks in Hardstyle. Especially the ones in the new Headhunterz mini album. But even in general I think they are great.

And which track from his album has psy kicks?
Twixel
State Celebrity

Postby Valadia » 06 Mar 2018, 20:39

Twixel:
iarsenal11:I really enjoy psy kicks in Hardstyle. Especially the ones in the new Headhunterz mini album. But even in general I think they are great.

And which track from his album has psy kicks?

Everything that isn't a 'normal' 2012 hardstyle kick, is a psykick. Don't you know?
But, all craziness on a stick :+ , people seem to think that kicks like 'Our Church' and 'Path of the Hunter' are psykicks. They're not, but people seem to think so.
And I guess that's also what Arsenal was referring to.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
Producer

Postby bambear » 16 May 2018, 16:10

Sometimes I cringe so hard at the drama around Hardstyle, like the Mc's and the way everything needs to be "epic".
There is more to reality than meets a normal eye.
bambear (19)
State Outsider

Postby RaVaGe » 10 Jun 2018, 21:44

Phuture Noize's melodies and leads sounds amateurish as fuck.
RaVaGe (26)
State Native

Postby Reverse Ghost » 10 Jun 2018, 22:40

RaVaGe:Phuture Noize's melodies and leads sounds amateurish as fuck.

Don't completely agree but I do feel like his productions were a lot more varied before the split. He just found a formula that works for right now, I'd love to see more experimentation.
Reverse Ghost (25)
State Legend

Postby Valadia » 11 Jun 2018, 18:55

I agree with this, untill an certain extent.
I like most of his melodies, but I don't see why this is soooooooo "good".
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
Producer

Postby ceero » 12 Jun 2018, 13:40

i get where you are coming from. I think some of his melodies really need a lot of time to get them under the skin. Black Mirror Society tune for example, when i first heard it in the qlimax set, it was a huuuuuuuge MEH, even months after... Only recently i got myself into liking it and now i fucking adore it and cant get it out of my head. Amateurish is a bit strong word though, even tough i would totally apply it on the Qapital anthem mainpart

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby Alex149 » 12 Jun 2018, 15:43

Regarding Phuture Noize's melodies - I think they rely on a much more basic approach to songwriting. It's more about getting a solid topline instead of overcomplicated chord progressions and a hundred leads playing different notes. Even though I do appreciate more complex stuff a lot I really understand his approach to melodies.

In general all the productions since Pursuit Of Thunder sound like the tracks are rather "written" than "produced". All of them have a really solid theme and the melodies try to underline that in a rather simple way.
Alex149
Producer

Postby KiLLu12258 » 13 Jun 2018, 13:31

i know exactly what you guys mean, production wise there is still a lot room to improvements, the tracks sounds a bit empty if you compare it to the the top producers.
BUT for me is more important that the tracks are catchy as fuck and production wise there are anyway at a great level.
Last edited by KiLLu12258 on 14 Jun 2018, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.
KiLLu12258
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles