Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Unpopular opinions

Postby Doctor Dave » 10 Jan 2018, 14:37

Solo-wise, BM hasn't had a really good track since Indeep / The Cube
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby Digital Shifter » 10 Jan 2018, 16:52

Once I was stuck in the speaker system with my dick because I fucking love hardstyle music
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (23)
State Celebrity

Postby The-SillyAk » 10 Jan 2018, 23:48

The interesting thing is if hypothetically, say HHZ ghost produced It's an edit, takin' it back, Destiny etc. for a smaller artist such as Devil Wild, NSCLT, Ecstatic etc. if the tracks would be as well received... is it only because its Headhunterz that these tracks are automatically just seen as better.

For example, as soon as I see a new Frontliner track (as bad as he has become lately) I will always listen to it with excitement and automatically like the music because for the fact that it's Frontliner. It's a bit weird.
Can't go past those Alan Watts samples.
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby Valadia » 11 Jan 2018, 13:57

The-SillyAk:The interesting thing is if hypothetically, say HHZ ghost produced It's an edit, takin' it back, Destiny etc. for a smaller artist such as Devil Wild, NSCLT, Ecstatic etc. if the tracks would be as well received... is it only because its Headhunterz that these tracks are automatically just seen as better.

For example, as soon as I see a new Frontliner track (as bad as he has become lately) I will always listen to it with excitement and automatically like the music because for the fact that it's Frontliner. It's a bit weird.

I know exactly what you mean. I have a lot of artists I fucking love, but when their music just isn't it, it doesn't blow my whistle.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
State Celebrity

Postby The Ascendant » 14 Jan 2018, 22:43

I feel like Rawstyle has lost a lot of its general creativity within the past year, too many repeating formulas/kick styles.

When E-Force put out Seven and his Qapital anthem his sound was so fresh (plus My God with Digital Punk _O_), but his latest album is a good example of the formula thing, sounded just like anyone else except maybe the FTP Remix/Stresstest..

I just feel like a lot of artists are just pumping out albums/tracks now-a-days because of the hype
The Ascendant (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Valadia » 15 Jan 2018, 21:43

The Ascendant:I feel like Rawstyle has lost a lot of its general creativity within the past year, too many repeating formulas/kick styles.

When E-Force put out Seven and his Qapital anthem his sound was so fresh (plus My God with Digital Punk _O_), but his latest album is a good example of the formula thing, sounded just like anyone else except maybe the FTP Remix/Stresstest..

I just feel like a lot of artists are just pumping out albums/tracks now-a-days because of the hype

I think also to stay relevant. Sure, an artist can take his time to release tracks and maybe release a few a year.
That would've worked a few years ago. Nowadays, you have so much competition, you need to release often to stay relevant. In the eyes of your audience and in the eyes of organisations and promoters.
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
State Celebrity

Postby niconietom » 16 Jan 2018, 15:10

I can't stand this Raw Monkey Tempo channel nor GPF, both are shit and ruin songs. It's stupif AF :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
Welcome to the aftershock.
niconietom (20)
State Native

Postby Emre » 16 Jan 2018, 15:12

niconietom:I can't stand this Raw Monkey Tempo channel nor GPF, both are shit and ruin songs. It's stupif AF :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Don't think this is a really unpopular opinion tbh :P
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby niconietom » 16 Jan 2018, 15:39

Emre:
niconietom:I can't stand this Raw Monkey Tempo channel nor GPF, both are shit and ruin songs. It's stupif AF :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Many of my friends like them, specially GPF... Disgusting :sick:
Welcome to the aftershock.
niconietom (20)
State Native

Postby Emre » 16 Jan 2018, 15:48

niconietom:
Emre:

Many of my friends like them, specially GPF... Disgusting :sick:

The whole project is meant as a joke, how can it actually have genuine fans? :+

And Monkeytempo is just a channel that picks songs, pitches +10-20 bpm while the songs aren't made for 10-20 bpm more and uploads it. Should be banned for that jesus :rofl:
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby Reverse Ghost » 16 Jan 2018, 15:56

Was going to say this soon too. Partyraiser can throw down a sick set but otherwise it's annoying trite garbage. Checked out the Sefa Defqon set and it was almost entirely similar kicks over a half assed melody that isn't even original. I'd rather listen to Crust Punk than that shit.
Also how do you dance to it? Almost every party video I see either has some people spazzing out like they have palsy or they stand around looking around or pumping their fists trying to look "hard". Kutmuziek
Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Postby SKRWD » 16 Jan 2018, 16:02

Emre:And Monkeytempo is just a channel that picks songs, pitches +10-20 bpm while the songs aren't made for 10-20 bpm more and uploads it. Should be banned for that jesus :rofl:

Monkey Tempo was a french jumpstyle dancer which had a monkey-like style. Jumpers tend to speed up tracks until they sound like utter bullshit; I used to do that aswell since I was a jumper back then, lel. Btw, his alias was NUNCHAKU.
SKRWD (23)
State Tourist

Postby Emre » 16 Jan 2018, 16:04

They speed it up so much that multiple of the track's elements start clipping and sounding off :+ I have no idea how people's ears can handle that. xD
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby Doctor Dave » 17 Jan 2018, 13:38

You gotta pick the right tracks, I remember I recorded an entire set with 33rpm vinyls played at 45, it actually sounded ok, but this was back in 2006 I think
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles