Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

The year of 2018 versus other years

Postby The-SillyAk » 10 Jan 2018, 06:27

Everyone talks about how they have their 'golden era' of Hardstyle, whether that be 2009 - 2012. 2010 by itself, or even 2007. I honestly believe that Hardstyle is getting stronger and stronger and although I think it dipped in 2013/14, I found 16 and 17 to have been amazing. In my opinion, 2018 will be the next 'golden era' of Hardstyle. It's already 10 days in and there are already sooo many good tracks from smaller guys like Faizar and JNXD, let alone Tweekaz or Adaro. The Australian scene is getting ever bigger, the European festivals are becoming even better, producers have found a good balance between Euphoric and Raw and there is a lot of good talent out there.

2018 will be an exciting year.

Thoughts!?
Can't go past those Alan Watts samples.
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby HardstyleLuke » 10 Jan 2018, 12:30

Couldn't agree more with you. The scene has had its ups and down, but it seems to be finding it's feet again. The talent out there now is absolutely amazing. 2017 was one of the best years to date, it was great to see tracks with the oldschool vibes and also psy drops. I know a lot of people don't agree with the psy drops but I think it's a great addition to the scene, especially at events. On the huge sound systems they really go off and amps everyone up. I think especially with Heady coming back to the scene and bringing it's old sound that everyone loved just made it even better. A lot of people have always looked up to him and I feel it's going to point new producers in the right direction and give them so much more motivation for their tracks. 2018 is going to be such a huge year, it'll definitely go down in the books that's for sure.

As for the Australian scene, being someone from Sydney I can safely say it's getting so huge. Events are selling out in no time and the amount of events going on is staggering. HSU are doing a great job with their events and really making a name for themselves not only in Australia but overseas with them taking over HTID.

The whole scene is looking really promising, I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.
HardstyleLuke
State Outsider

Postby Emre » 10 Jan 2018, 12:41

Who knows, bring on 2018! :D
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby PiozMioz » 10 Jan 2018, 20:47

Yea, 2017 was (for me) the best year for hardstyle since 2009. Let's hope that's going on like this in '18. :)
We got Reversed Bass back, we got Psydrops, we already had Dubstep. So maybe it's time for Acid Hardstyle again :? (L) Would love it :D
PiozMioz
State Citizen

Postby The-SillyAk » 10 Jan 2018, 23:45

Definitley had it's ups and downs. The beginning of 2017 was a bad start, espc. with everyone complaining about PSY, the whole debacle with Deako and Energyzed, but then it slowly got better. 2017 ended so massively!
I agree! Being a Sydneysider myself, at Masif atleast when those Psy drops go off, it's fucking insane I love it!
It's a pitty we have practically lost Frontliner has his music's gone down hill and Audiofreq has kinda vanished but Davide Sonar is coming back, HHZ has returned and new sound design is coming out of SOH.
As much as I love HHZ, I hope he doesn't dominate the scene for the fact that he is HHZ. Guess we'll have to wait and see. As you may have seen they are playing a hardstyle night at Marquee soon, I mean, that in itself is a big step for Hardstyle in Australia.
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby DjVero » 11 Jan 2018, 22:39

I also feel like mainstream hardstyle is reinventing itself or something.

1. New(er) kicks, such as the Devin Wild kick, which of course got big last year already, but still. When I listen to that new Sephyx track, the kick is also pretty dope.
2. Reversed mid-intros done properly (like Keltek's new track) or Coone's edit of Jack Who.
3. Simpler melodies executed very well, like many DBSTF tracks or Jack Who again.

It's getting awesome again!
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby bassfaceBAM » 11 Jan 2018, 22:41

I think since the last quarter of 2015 hardstyle has went from strength to strength. Last year was nuts and the momentum has kept going. There is alot to like already in many different styles and it's not even February.
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby NICK9656 » 12 Jan 2018, 00:05

2014/2015 was the low point for the genre, at least it felt like that for me personally. Since then it's getting better again. As said 2017 was pretty nice and I'm really optimistic for 2018 and even 2019.
"The Only Limit Is Your Own Imagination"
NICK9656 (22)
State Celebrity

Postby The-SillyAk » 12 Jan 2018, 01:05

DjVero:I also feel like mainstream hardstyle is reinventing itself or something.

1. New(er) kicks, such as the Devin Wild kick, which of course got big last year already, but still. When I listen to that new Sephyx track, the kick is also pretty dope.
2. Reversed mid-intros done properly (like Keltek's new track) or Coone's edit of Jack Who.
3. Simpler melodies executed very well, like many DBSTF tracks or Jack Who again.

See, I love Atmozfears new kick in Embrace The Sea and Leave It All Behind... the drive of the kick in that track is cooked. Yeah, I just gave a listen to his recent tracks - his kicks are really good! I never really noticed hahah.
Simple melodies like Wildstylez new track, literally the most simple melody out there.
I always notice the really good producers, their tracks are soo simple and flowy whilst the X-Bone producers and whoever their tracks are jammed with random sounds to make it sound impressive.
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby DjVero » 12 Jan 2018, 19:53

The-SillyAk:
DjVero:I also feel like mainstream hardstyle is reinventing itself or something.

Simple melodies like Wildstylez new track, literally the most simple melody out there.

Exactly! When for example listening to Bass Modulators - Imagine and Faizar - Going My Way, it's exactly the opposite. Both great tracks, but just so forgettable after two or three weeks.
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby DirtyTok » 12 Jan 2018, 22:33

I wish for a comeback of the Italian style lento <3 but already since late 2014 Hardstyle has been going back to its roots. For me it started with Brennan Heart - MMVIII
Boys of WIllem fan-club owner
DirtyTok (25)
State Hero

Postby ThePrincipal » 12 Jan 2018, 22:54

last year was fucking amazing . bit early to see how this year this will go but should be cool!
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby The-SillyAk » 22 Jan 2018, 01:34

Sooo
I am going to speculate that this year will be the year of the multiple/different kicks in one track.
Starting with Delete - Take It Back and his collab with Warface - Addicted.
(Unless Delete normally does that, I don't listen to his music)
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby ThePrincipal » 22 Jan 2018, 02:28

^ yeah a lot of raw producers have about anywhere from 2-6 kicks per track (ie delete, gearbox guys, etc)
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby Segugio » 22 Jan 2018, 07:34

It's been getting continually better over the past two years. I have high hopes for 2018, but some part of me feels that December 2017 was the pinnacle of the current renaissance. How long can it last? Everything seemed amazing at the end of 2009 as well, then 2010 came along.
Segugio (33)
State Tourist

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles