Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Rebourne - Phoenix EP [WE R]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby Emre » 19 Dec 2017, 18:02

niconietom:
Emre:
niconietom:I think yes, since rawstyle and bass house combination don't fit at all...

Sure, but that's personal/subjective, the essence of collabs should still be a mix and not 100% the one or 100% the othr artist. Otherwise they could just do a solo. Multiple influences should be smiled about, not turned down :P

My vision of a collab is that an artist add his influences to a track together with other artist, but not put 2 completely different styles in a track like Trap + Tech House to name an example, that doesn't make sense to me. The collab should be a Hardstyle track but with influences from The Galaxy, then they could make a second Future Bass collab with influences from Rebourne...

Well Rebourne has always had a dreamy/outer space vibe in his tracks, I think the Future Bass drop fits really good. So I don't really think it's completely different styles as you say (in this Rebourne x The Galaxy case). If this excact Future Bass drop would be in a RR track, sure would sound bad. But I think it blends well. In the end it's just taste anyways ;D
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby niconietom » 19 Dec 2017, 18:07

Emre:
niconietom:
Emre:
Sure, but that's personal/subjective, the essence of collabs should still be a mix and not 100% the one or 100% the othr artist. Otherwise they could just do a solo. Multiple influences should be smiled about, not turned down :P

My vision of a collab is that an artist add his influences to a track together with other artist, but not put 2 completely different styles in a track like Trap + Tech House to name an example, that doesn't make sense to me. The collab should be a Hardstyle track but with influences from The Galaxy, then they could make a second Future Bass collab with influences from Rebourne...

Well Rebourne has always had a dreamy/outer space vibe in his tracks, I think the Future Bass drop fits really good. So I don't really think it's completely different styles as you say (in this Rebourne x The Galaxy case). If this excact Future Bass drop would be in a RR track, sure would sound bad. But I think it blends well. In the end it's just taste anyways ;D

You're right, everyone have different visions of music and that's one of the most amazing things of this. :dance:
Welcome to the aftershock.
niconietom (20)
State Native

Postby Barticf » 01 Jan 2018, 11:19

Barticf
State Hero

Postby thePastworld » 03 Jan 2018, 18:59

thePastworld (19)
State Native

Postby Emre » 03 Jan 2018, 19:47

Awesome tune, at least he has an own unique sound in our scene. _O_

Maybe not the best festival music, but I appreciate his at-home tracks so much because he doesn't change his sound to simple festival stuff so he gets more fame. Kudo's to him :D
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby niconietom » 03 Jan 2018, 21:07

thePastworld:

(L) (L) (L)
Welcome to the aftershock.
niconietom (20)
State Native

Postby D-Jess » 03 Jan 2018, 23:50

N01ZE is very cool :D
Don't Let Go is nice, except the trap part.
But Phoenix is kinda generic for me, with plus, almost the same melody as Free.

Rawphoric is just now the only and pure shit in the actual Hardstyle scene, Euphoric and Raw don't make the weight next.
D-Jess (22)
State Celebrity

Postby th3r3zo » 04 Jan 2018, 17:01

great ep (L) (L)
th3r3zo
State Celebrity

Postby Harder_Style_Inside » 09 Jan 2018, 10:57

Harder_Style_Inside
State Senior Citizen

Postby SKRWD » 09 Jan 2018, 12:04

1. Don‘t Let Go: Fantastic track and great Future Bass part! :) 8,5/10
2. N01ZE: Great dancefloor-ish track but I would‘ve preferred some variation in the mainpart. 7/10
3. Phoenix: Pure euphoria. Astonishing one. (L) 10/10
4. Running: My favourite one on this EP. 11/10

What an EP _O_
SKRWD (23)
State Tourist

Postby D-Jess » 09 Jan 2018, 12:30

Running is very nice, good EP in general :)

Rawphoric is just now the only and pure shit in the actual Hardstyle scene, Euphoric and Raw don't make the weight next.
D-Jess (22)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles