(You can't hide all the genres)

KICKS | General, Troubleshooting, etc

Sound design and production in general

Postby sequence7 » 16 May 2017, 16:57

Sellin my new pack

sequence7
State Citizen

Postby Netris » 06 Jun 2017, 11:50

Seeing how assymetric distortion is key to a good euphoric kick, I'm wondering if it's as important for a raw kick. Does any of you know ?
Netris (29)
State Citizen

Postby Vi Ta Lee » 27 Jun 2017, 05:37

Short tutorial from me. How to pitch a hardstyle kick in Logic Pro X.

I think it's simple but effective method.

Vi Ta Lee (31)
Producer

Postby hitman47 » 02 Jul 2017, 17:38

Hi guys,

i'm French & just registered into this community.
I play with FL studio for over 10 years now.

can somenone tell me some advice on how to achieve a perfect rawstyle "tok" punch and how to get this caracteristic sound.

will try to help and share my knowledge about hardstyle music for those who want.

thank you very much.
hitman47
State Outsider

Postby FinnState » 20 Nov 2017, 13:54

I don't have that much experience in rawstyle, but what i've understood by following a bit on the forum the kind of 2017'ish tok sound comes from EQuing the mids by a pretty huge amount, then distorting that and after that going into shaping that sound through more EQ and Distortion/Limiting/Compressing, whatever technique you find best. Also depending on what kind of kick you want to create you can use reverb in different ways, you can make it a short reverb on the whole kick to kind of make it bigger, take the punch and make a longer reverb or combining these techniques. You could also try making a kick, bounce it so that you have your original kick and the bounced one, then cut the bounced one so you only have the punch, or the "tok" left. After that you can apply some sliht EQ and distortion to the new tok to make it stand out more and then layering that tok with the original kick(and the original tok). Try them out and see if you get anywhere. Also please correct me if anything i said makes no sense at all :D My kicks arent't near any professional quality kicks :D

[edit] Hey! My original post was meant to another thread! But as i see the above fits the purpose of the thread i decided to let it stay here!
FinnState (23)
State Newcomer

Postby NRx Hardstyle » 22 Nov 2017, 16:49

What ya feel about this kick, put this together today

NRx Hardstyle (26)
State Citizen

Postby FinnState » 22 Nov 2017, 17:14

Nice kick man! The tail is pretty much only low freq, but i'm asuming that's what you're going for here, but it might be coolif you did another kick where you added some "bite" to it, just a thought. The pumch is intresting cause i get kind of a vibe that it's a mix between a hardstyle/hardcore, but also it feels a bit like a french tok! Anyways, i don't have any practical tips, but keep it up i think that the kick is not bad. Also a question, i've never been too active on this forum and also have taken some time off recently, is this topic now open for kick feedback or do you guys still use the kick feedback topic?
FinnState (23)
State Newcomer

Postby Digital Shifter » 29 Nov 2017, 10:57

Does anyone know how to run a bus through a hardware device?
I remember that headhunterz was working on a kick and that after the first bus with all kinds of setting he was running it through a hardware device for some tape distortion.
I want this too.
Anyone?
I'm using logic btw
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Digital Shifter » 29 Nov 2017, 11:02

NRx Hardstyle:What ya feel about this kick, put this together today

The kick lacks movement overal.
I can already tell you that the tok and the sustain are two different samples combined together.
I always try to create everything at once.

TOK > ATTACK> SUSTAIN

So that you can manage and tweak in any direction you want for absolute control and drive the way you can bend and shape the frequencies and distortions.
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Wavelength » 04 Dec 2017, 14:47

Best place I could think of to post this;

Recently I switched to FL 12 and when using the mixer I can't figure out how to use two inserts/channels for the one instrument - situation; I've maxed a channels plugins and now need to use a 2nd one to add more plugins/vsts, usually I'd just click a wee button at the bottom of the channel beside it and sound would route through that one too for me to add effects but I can't find it...

Question 2, is clicking at the start of a kick something you want to get rid of straight away or do people tend to layer their tok over it anyway?
Defqon 1 '15 '16 Freaqshow '16 Qlimax '18
Wavelength (28)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Wavelength » 04 Dec 2017, 17:41

Please?....
Wavelength (28)
State Senior Citizen

Postby TJOAudio » 04 Dec 2017, 18:03

Wavelength:Please?....
I don't use FL studio personally but, what you're looking for is a bus channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=homU5Jzyr20

That should help you.
TJOAudio (23)
Producer

Postby Netris » 04 Dec 2017, 18:36

Wavelength:Best place I could think of to post this;

Recently I switched to FL 12 and when using the mixer I can't figure out how to use two inserts/channels for the one instrument - situation; I've maxed a channels plugins and now need to use a 2nd one to add more plugins/vsts, usually I'd just click a wee button at the bottom of the channel beside it and sound would route through that one too for me to add effects but I can't find it...

Question 2, is clicking at the start of a kick something you want to get rid of straight away or do people tend to layer their tok over it anyway?

There a little cable in the bottom of each channel. By default il goes to the master. Unplug it from the master and plug it in the channel you want
Netris (29)
State Citizen

Postby Wavelength » 04 Dec 2017, 19:44

Thanks a lot, such a daft thing to forget.
Wavelength (28)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Netris » 05 Dec 2017, 22:34

Wavelength:Thanks a lot, such a daft thing to forget.

You're welcome.

And regarding that

Wavelength:Question 2, is clicking at the start of a kick something you want to get rid of straight away or do people tend to layer their tok over it anyway?

Do you mean the attack of the 909 ? I actually push the attack in Drumazon to the max and even EQ it to make it stand out before even distorting.
When I'm finished with my chain, it should already start to sound like a tok so I separated the first few ms of the sample and work more on it to make it sounds even more like a tok. Sometimes layering other samples, sometimes not.
Netris (29)
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles