Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

General purpose thread

Postby Skape » 06 Sep 2017, 23:53

nerz:this has been on my mind for quite some time now so it's time to do some ranting.

i think this whole 'let's take a guy, produce some tracks for him and give him a costume and a slogan' marketing strategy is cringy as fuck. when G4H started this trend a few years ago, it was pretty good because it was a novelty and quite exciting. they pretty much nailed the masked gangsters stuff and they produced great tracks that fit the whole theme. but nowadays every ~third (especially raw) act MUST HAVE a costume, mask and an edgy slogan. instead of this idiotic trend, producers and labels should focus on making and releasing actually great music.

and yes, i know this is how the music industry works, this is how they promote themselves, a lot of people love this idea, etc etc but i just felt the need to rant (take a look at Warface's fb page, VOTE FOR THE MASTER OF WAR - i mean, seriously... :rofl: )

I get your point but look, if you extend this to other genre of music you find this trend everywhere.

The best example is probably Daft Punk, I'm not sure they would be that famous without their suit and helmet, even if of course they are great producers. But no one find it cringy imo, they built their brand around this and it worked pretty well.

So it's mostly about entertainment, show and of course marketing, in order to distinguish themselves among all the other producers.
Skape
State Native

Postby propells » 20 Oct 2017, 00:58

Not sure where to put this but me and my friends are looking for raw events to attend between Hard Bass and Qapital (Early Feb -> Late march). Partyflock is a mess, anyone that could help?

Doesn't have to be the size of Supremacy or Qapital.

Maybe something similar to Shockerz or Indicator?
Take part in the ritual.. Dive deep inside.. My vagina.. Shine light beyond your horizons.. And let your inner cock.. rise rise rise rise.. Qlimas
propells (23)
State Celebrity

Postby DjVero » 20 Oct 2017, 13:09

Isn't Loudness in March?

And btw, there are raw parties almost every weekend in NL, just find any random club :+
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (29)
Crab

Postby propells » 20 Oct 2017, 13:15

DjVero:Isn't Loudness in March?

And btw, there are raw parties almost every weekend in NL, just find any random club :+

Thanks :) True, but we want to attend something bigger than the average club on the corner if u understand
Take part in the ritual.. Dive deep inside.. My vagina.. Shine light beyond your horizons.. And let your inner cock.. rise rise rise rise.. Qlimas
propells (23)
State Celebrity

Postby DjVero » 20 Oct 2017, 13:22

propells:

Thanks :) True, but we want to attend something bigger than the average club on the corner if u understand

I understand. Masters Of Hardcore is in March as well, they host a raw stage too. Or else check the event calendar here from this year, most bigger parties will return anyway ;)
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (29)
Crab

Postby propells » 20 Oct 2017, 14:40

DjVero:
propells:

I understand. Masters Of Hardcore is in March as well, they host a raw stage too. Or else check the event calendar here from this year, most bigger parties will return anyway ;)

Ahh good idea! Thanks again
propells (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Reverse Ghost » 21 Oct 2017, 02:41

Was listeng to a Johan Gielen set and this was in it, I had no idea DR had a Trance track back then! :O
Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Postby Bohemian » 21 Oct 2017, 09:42

Wtf Donkey rollers remix ?
Bohemian (29)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Doctor Dave » 21 Oct 2017, 12:47

I remember that DR remix back in the day, awesome tune _O_

Skape:

The best example is probably Daft Punk, I'm not sure they would be that famous without their suit and helmet, even if of course they are great producers. But no one find it cringy imo, they built their brand around this and it worked pretty well.

Yeah but Daft Punk don't market themselves as Extreme Dangerous Gangsterz who hang out in back-alleys with guns :+ that's the cringy part for me
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby nerz » 21 Oct 2017, 12:58

there's nothing with an act with costumes here and there. what i find cringy is that like nowadays every third act is a RAW MOTHERFUCKING GANGSTER CREW.

and yeah, daft punk are talented producers and they don't promote themselves as edgy gangsters.
nerz (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Januz909 » 22 Oct 2017, 01:27

^ this. One or two thats cool almost every raw act no thanks. Plus most of them would shit it with real gangstas!
Januz909
State Tourist

Postby Emre » 22 Oct 2017, 17:12

nerz:there's nothing with an act with costumes here and there. what i find cringy is that like nowadays every third act is a RAW MOTHERFUCKING GANGSTER CREW.

and yeah, daft punk are talented producers and they don't promote themselves as edgy gangsters.

This 100%.
The only limit is your own imagination.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby ThePrincipal » 23 Oct 2017, 02:56

but it works guys. the sheep fans love it. sadly there are more sheep fans than actual music lovers. it is what it is.
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Native

Postby bassfaceBAM » 23 Oct 2017, 11:46

ThePrincipal:but it works guys. the sheep fans love it. sadly there are more sheep fans than actual music lovers. it is what it is.

Ah yes sheep fans. Because your opinion matters more than them
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Postby John Cove » 23 Oct 2017, 18:26

bassfaceBAM:
ThePrincipal:but it works guys. the sheep fans love it. sadly there are more sheep fans than actual music lovers. it is what it is.

Ah yes sheep fans. Because your opinion matters more than them

There are people who search for quality in the music. And there are people who look for a lifestyle/group they can belong to.
John Cove (29)
Crab

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles