Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Standing desk idea.

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Digital Shifter » 26 Aug 2017, 20:03

Hello,

I've been producing music now for over dozens of hours and.... I can't even remember how many years lol :+
I'm literally DONE with sitting at my desk and I have an idea of putting my desk literally higher so that I can stand while working.
Or is that a really bad idea of mine? :+

We all know that sitting a shit ton of hours while we are doing our nerd stuff (sound design, solving problems and creating tracks etc) is really unhealthy.
We sit... and we sit.... and we sit... then we get up to get some coffee or another beverage and we continue to, surprisingly SIT again..

Give your opinion please.
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (23)
State Celebrity

Postby RPGWiZaRD » 26 Aug 2017, 20:48

Best would be to have a motorized table that you could both sit and stand with. They aren't usually the cheapest kind but yea if you're serious why not?
RPGWiZaRD (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Trantix » 26 Aug 2017, 20:59

I work in a school district and they started buying standing desks for some of the office administrators. I believe they use a hydraulic system but I'm not sure. I had set them up for the administrators and they seem pretty good, pretty stable, and not too difficult to raise and lower. The only problem that I see with these are if you're desk has a lot of stuff, then it'll be difficult to get the standing desk set up due to space and you can only have enough stuff on the standing desk that you can raise and lower. But I think these were only like $300 so it's cheaper than others but still made pretty well.
Trantix (20)
State Tourist

Postby Digital Shifter » 26 Aug 2017, 21:31

The money isn't a problem.
My biggest concern is that I'm not at the sweet spot in my room anymore once I've levitated my desk with a hydraulic system.

So the million dolar question is, is it worth it and will the sweet spot still be a sweet spot even if I move my desk a little higher when it comes to my ceiling :naughty:
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Euphorizer » 26 Aug 2017, 23:25

Take regular breaks and get moving instead. That way you won't have to ruin your sweetspot in your room, and besides - when mixing and mastering you should be taking breaks instead. Either that or what RPG says - a motorized one would be ideal. Would allow you to lower it for mixing/mastering purposes and when doing producing (which should be the majority of the time) you can be standing up.
Euphorizer (20)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles