Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Give your thoughts on how the sound is made

Sound design and production in general

Postby BrorGaben » 23 Mar 2017, 21:13

Ty for the reply! But this sadly didnt work out with my kick :/ Here's another example of what kind of kick i am trying to achieve. 4:33
BrorGaben
State Newcomer

Postby The RaveN » 23 Mar 2017, 21:47

BrorGaben:Ty for the reply! But this sadly didnt work out with my kick :/ Here's another example of what kind of kick i am trying to achieve. 4:33

Try use quadrafuzz on a reverse bass. Like the "chordrez" preset. PM me if you can't find quadrafuzz yourself.
The RaveN (18)
State Tourist

Postby BrorGaben » 24 Mar 2017, 23:08

Ty for the tip :) this worked much better with quadrafuzz instead of camelphat :D
BrorGaben
State Newcomer

Postby davidmartin » 10 May 2017, 11:52

I hear this in the synth in a lot of euphoric tracks & atmozfears uses it a sh*t tone, I've tried everything in regards to playing with and tweaking synths & have had no success. Can anyone shed some light? (preferably in reference with sylenth 1)
That bar just before the kick drops at 2:13 - 2:14
davidmartin (22)
State Newcomer

Postby The RaveN » 10 May 2017, 16:09

davidmartin:I hear this in the synth in a lot of euphoric tracks & atmozfears uses it a sh*t tone, I've tried everything in regards to playing with and tweaking synths & have had no success. Can anyone shed some light? (preferably in reference with sylenth 1)
That bar just before the kick drops at 2:13 - 2:14

It's just the chords of the track being played by a basic non altered saw.
The RaveN (18)
State Tourist

Postby BrorGaben » 11 May 2017, 09:05

Does anyone know how to make this kind of reverse bass ?

and how do i make this kind of tok with reverb or something at 2:25 :dance:
BrorGaben
State Newcomer

Postby davidmartin » 11 May 2017, 11:15

@ Raven - shit, I hear it now :p I have no idea how I never thought of removing effects. Hats off to you! _O_

@BrorGaben - The easiest way is to already have a hardstyle kick to start off with. You isolate punch/tok or use an ever so slightly distorted kick drum if you want it to be less punchy. Now take the rest of the kick and using FL studio's chanel settings for the sample, adjust the "in" and "out" knobs until you get the rough sound you are after. EQ it & distort, attach the punch back to it & voila: one oldschool reverse bass. (there are loads of youtube tutorials btw, that's how I learned!)
davidmartin (22)
State Newcomer

Postby BrorGaben » 11 May 2017, 13:57

well ive used the tail my euphoric hardstyle kick to make this reverse bass

but i just wanted to know how they made the reverse bass in the past when the post 2009 hardstyle kicks didnt exist. :?
BrorGaben
State Newcomer

Postby BrorGaben » 13 May 2017, 19:01

How do i make a kick like in this track ? 2:58
BrorGaben
State Newcomer

Postby nuttyt » 19 May 2017, 01:23

Thats a similar style kick to this one at 1.04 & 2.04
It's basically a gated kick, I did a written tutorial years ago the one in the vid below is from my Nutty Traxx hardstyle kicks pack. It was done by distorting a 909 using reverb with predelay, then distorting the reverb then reversing it etc.
I'll be doing a tutorial on a gated kick when I have a bit more time

nuttyt (34)
Producer

Postby BrorGaben » 21 May 2017, 12:10

thank u :D
BrorGaben
State Newcomer

Postby NEKA » 21 May 2017, 21:58

The main leads and kick FX. I've tried few ideas but I can't get the sound fat enough even by EQ or layering.
NEKA (23)
Producer

Postby SNOOPP » 25 May 2017, 15:34

butterprickol:Hello, guys.
I wanted to ask if someone knows how the effect at 0:16 to 0:21 (can also be heard from 1:39 to 1:48; especially the last two seconds) is made. Are there any VST's to create this effect? Thanks in advance.

Hei, simple thing, you need reverb to be 15 milliseconds and move it to 1 slowly, then you will get that kind of sound distortion :) You easily can test it if you have pioneed djm

Maybe some of you can help me with achieving that "raven" screech in Code Black - R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N, Once somehow i got this kind of sound but this was pure luck and i did this with sampled screech from virus. I want to have it more under controll than sampled thing with effect over it. Maybe there is any tutorial or something
SNOOPP
State Newcomer

Postby hitman47 » 07 Jul 2017, 07:33

hi everyone,

can someone in this forum help me by telling me guidelines on how to achieve a special rawstyle tok punch please?

how can I find this special fat, resonant and specific sound, like Caine, gunz for hire...?

which type of plugin or plugin routine?

please

thank you
hitman47
State Outsider

Postby WhereAreYouNow » 26 Aug 2017, 23:52

Does anyone know how to make the iconic Avi8 lead?
https://soundcloud.com/avi8music/avi8-where-are-you

I've been getting "close" results with a distorted sine and then some Ohmicide preset but it doesn't have the same tone to it.
WhereAreYouNow
State Outsider

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles