Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

E-Force - The Edge Of Insanity [Scantraxx]

Discuss all Hardstyle albums, dvd's etc. here.

Postby NYU » 18 Apr 2017, 01:57

Album officially released on Spotify :dance:
Qlimax 2016 | Hard Bass 2017 | Defqon.1 2017 | Decibel 2017 | Return of Headhunterz | Qlimax 2017
NYU (20)
State Tourist

Postby propells » 18 Apr 2017, 02:28

HO LEE FOK!!!!!!!!!!! IZ OUT
Take part in the ritual.. Dive deep inside.. My vagina.. Shine light beyond your horizons.. And let your inner cock.. rise rise rise rise.. Qlimas
propells (23)
State Celebrity

Postby niconietom » 18 Apr 2017, 03:16

A little bit dissapointed with Cut Your Lungs Out... Expected much more from E-Force and D-Sturb :'(
Welcome to the aftershock.
niconietom (20)
State Senior Citizen

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 18 Apr 2017, 13:22

Legit super good album _O_ _O_ _O_
you ain't shit, i get lit
lilfrenchidiot
State Senior Citizen

Postby The Convicted » 18 Apr 2017, 15:11

Okay, after several listens: there are sooo many good tracks out there I can't really get out of my head! Kill The Noise, Stresstest, The Dead Rap, Reloaded, FTP remix, Screw Up, One Of A Million, Pleasure & Pain (L)
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominator Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (22)
Global Mod

Postby Zonic » 18 Apr 2017, 17:39

Going to give this album a good listen the next couple of days, but holy moly... Are you with me? _O_ What a heavy banger! :fist: :fist:
Zonic (28)
State Hero

Postby th3r3zo » 18 Apr 2017, 19:10

i can't get the hype from this album, only like:

Beware
Streestest and Pleasure & pain (for the oldschool Hardcore kicks)
kicking brutal shit (the most well produced track of the album)

the rest is sounds the same, same and repetitive estructure with standar Raw kicks :(
th3r3zo
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 18 Apr 2017, 19:20

I don't know. Not that there aren't a few great tracks but I just can't say that i'm not a bit disapointed. FTP remix is just brutal, absolutely loving Beware, Attack, One Of A Milion, Stresstest and Pleasure & Pain. But as a whole the album just feels monotone, way too many alike tunes. And way too many metallic kicks and kickrolls in this new E-Force sound for my likings, sometimes felt a bit like listening to a RR album which is def not a good thing :(

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Emre » 19 Apr 2017, 21:28

ceero:I don't know. Not that there aren't a few great tracks but I just can't say that i'm not a bit disapointed. FTP remix is just brutal, absolutely loving Beware, Attack, One Of A Milion, Stresstest and Pleasure & Pain. But as a whole the album just feels monotone, way too many alike tunes. And way too many metallic kicks and kickrolls in this new E-Force sound for my likings, sometimes felt a bit like listening to a RR album which is def not a good thing :(

Totally agree. And so much contrast between B-Front & PN their albums & this...thing. :meh:

Really like Stresstest, Pleasure & Pain and a 1-2 others from the top of my head but this is just way too simple and monotone. Basically this is just a raw WP album in terms of filler tracks and recycled stuff. Maybe with slightly better sounddesign and mixdown, cleaner and all that jazz but come on. :sick:
The only limit is your own imagination.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby Bomberz » 20 Apr 2017, 00:05

Attack, Stresstest and the Men Of Steel remixes are the only good tracks. The rest of the album is dreadful imo...
Bomberz (23)
Global Mod

Postby Deadwood » 20 Apr 2017, 20:09

My opinion:
Stresstest and Pleasure & Pain are huge. _O_
FTP Remix and Men of Steel Da Playah Remix are great, too. I also like the Devin Wild remix, but what can go wrong if you don't really remix the track. :+
The rest are just filler tracks. Nothing remarkable. I would trade them all against Freakz At Night - Underground.
Deadwood
State Native

Postby propells » 21 Apr 2017, 02:28

Shitty album review:

The Edge of Insanity
Good introfeel to the album. Best part, defo the Mid-drop with low frequency kick and awesome "dripping" screeches. Typical E-force experimental sounds. 8/10

Beware w/ Raiden
Great intro vocals and "rawphoric" melody, but it's also very repetitive and gets a bit boring after a few listens imo. But it's only two minutes long so I'm happy. 7.5/10

Men Of Steel w/Frequencerz (Devin Wild Remix)
When i first heard this from a shitty potatovideo i thought "wtf is the point, it's 1:1 the same". But it actually turned out pretty good, sounds really cool with a fresh update. Tbh it actually sounds better quality wise than the original. 8/10

Kill the Noise w/ Luna
Well this one's been out for a long time. Great atmosphere, great melody and awesome antis. But a climax after the last anti would've made it perfect imo. 9/10

Here Comes the Boom w/ Sub Zero Project
Everything SZP touches turns to gold! Not a huge fan of the vocal samples, but the amazing antis and scantraxx screeches make up for it. Last climax tops the cake. 9.5/10

F*ck this Nation (Brutality Remix)
Messy remix imo. Not anywhere near the original. Cool kicks but way to many rolls. 5/10

Stresstest
Aiii!!!! Innovative raw at it's best. This song basically speaks to all the haters that say raw will die cause it's too repetitive.. That hardtechno drop opened up new doors for the genre. Especially now that psy is being used, and it defo sounds best in raw. Schranz, hardtechno and psy influenced rawstyle, keep em coming. 10/10

Attention w/ Frequencerz (Digital Punk & Alpha² Remix)
Great remix! Didn't think i would've like it but it's a really cool and clever one. 8/10

Cut Your Lungs Out w/ D-Sturb
Great D-Sturb solo track :+ except the outro and some sounds.. Classic D-Sturb sound, great melodies and antis. 8/10

Are You With Me w/ Luna
HO LEE FOK. Took a few days before i got this song stuck on my head. Those antis are so fucking perfect. The drive in the last drop must be so INSANE live. I can't remember shit from Qapital unfortunately. 10/10

The Dead Rap
Cool track. Great mid-intro, easily recognisable melody, but nothing extraordinary imo. 6.5/10

Reloaded (as War Force)
Defo my favorite so far from them. Not a huge fan of Warface but I'm happy his shitty kicks sounds better when Edward gets to tweak them a bit. Main drop is tremendously huuuuge, so huuuuuge - Trump. Outro ruined by vocal samples from FTP -"WHOOP WHOOP". 8.5/10

Warface - FTP (E-Force Remix)
Oh my god the hype was real after this bomb was dropped on HB. Yet another innovative raw track, but I'm sad the quality is rather bad on my speakers. It sounds a bit clippy.. It's amazing live tho, i just wish it was up there with The Project when it comes to sound quality. Defo one of the best livesongs. 9.5/10

Attack w/ Bass Chaserz
Awesome atmospherical track. Mysterious melody followed by pounding kicks and insane screeches. Final drop with melody is amazing, all those sounds!! 9/10

Me Against You w /RVAGE
Again it sounds clippy on my speakers.. Sounds like the distortion is tuned to maximum. It kinda ruins the track. The mid-intro and melodies used are amazing tho. Climax is top notch, but the clippy distortion ruins a bit. 7/10

Screw Up w/ Radical Redemption
Great RR solo track.. JK. Great kick patterns as usual from this guy. Mid-intro is AMAZING, that melody is so fucking delicious. Would be cool to hear it with kicks, but it's amazing as it is with those drive-antis! 9/10

One of A Million
Great set filler or what? Nothing super special for me. Cool mid-intro and melody. Also really cool chopped vocal samples. 7/10

Pleasure & Pain w/ Delete
Ryan is the GOTOGUY when it comes to collabs/remixes on albums these days. Just give us your own solo already!!! The track is genius, different and epic. Pulsating Delete kicks with amazing trippy sounds. 10/10

One (w/ Warface & Rebelion)
THIS IS TEAM RED! Holy fuck i remember this one so good from HB. That last drop is insane, especially since the buildup is pretty long fetched. Rebelions kicks make this one perfect imo. 10/10

Psycho
Great track, great mysterious melody. I especially love the BPM increase towards the end. 8/10

Kicking Brutal Shit
Dat title.. lol. Love the song tho. Great melody, awesome chopped kicks and a nice variety of different screeches/sounds. Uptempto E-force is cool af. 9/10

Distorted Noises w/ Tha Playah
I was hoping for more as it's Tha Playah we're talking about. It's cool but it sounds a bit rushed.. 6.5/10

Shocked w/ Deadly Guns
I like this one more. Catchy crispy uptempo! 7/10

Men of Steel w/ Frequencerz (Tha Playah Remix)
Again i was hoping for more.. Not my cup of tea, too messy hardcore. Those speedy men of steel vocals doesn't sound good. Some good parts tho. 6/10

I'm sorry if you've read it all, but thank you. Overall a GREAT album, a bit disappointed at some of the solos tho..
Take part in the ritual.. Dive deep inside.. My vagina.. Shine light beyond your horizons.. And let your inner cock.. rise rise rise rise.. Qlimas
propells (23)
State Celebrity

Postby dolanpls » 21 Apr 2017, 14:00

I need cut your lungs climax edit :'( :'(
As many said before, few great tracks and lot of fillers.
dolanpls (22)
State Native

Postby natenczas » 21 Apr 2017, 15:21

Good album this is, surprisingly

Tracks worth to mention imo are:
Streesstest (obviously!) - definately an 'album hit' this is. Are You With Me, Ki, ki, Kill The Noise, One, Remix of FTP, and maybe Attack. Rest of tunes really averege to me, maybe because I'm not hughe raw fan. But well done to E-Force for creating this, I'm sure this album has been loved by many, many people. The other thing is; can't really get why raw is trying to be faster and faster, I'm talkin about Kickin Brutal Shit ie. Overall I'll give this album very strong 6, maybe 7 out of 10. I'm considering buying this relase. The Egde Of Insanity would look good in my album collection. Meanwhile, I'm going back to listening to this at Spotify. It is quite likely that I will buy it today tbh.

Decibel '12 '13 '15 '16 '17 Qlimax '08 '11 '13 '16 '17
Defqon.1 NL '10 '12 '13 '15 '16 '17 Reverze '13 '17 '18 Q-Base '12 '15 '17 Qontinent '12 '17 Hard Bass '18
natenczas (28)
State Senior Citizen

Postby John Cove » 21 Apr 2017, 17:12

Cut Your Lungs Out, that must be the weirdest trackname ever :+
John Cove (29)
Crab

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles