Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Hardware synth basic shapes

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Netris » 14 Apr 2017, 11:06

Hi guys. As you may know, every hardware synth has a unique sounds.
So I was thinking to create several wavetables with the basic shapes (saw, square, etc. And hypersaw for the Virus) of some hardware synth to use them in Serum.
But since I don't own any, I can't do that without your help. So if you own one or know someone that owns one (whatever it is, I'm trying to collect as much sample as possible to create the most wavetables possible) please feel free to post them here or PM me.
I don't know if it's important nor if it's the correct way to do, but I think that would be good that each sample had the same root note so let's say C1 (please correct me if I'm wrong here).
For easier file management on my part, label what you send me correctly with the synth name and model (Virus C or Virus Ti for example). I'll post the wavetables here once I've finished them.

So to recap, if you happen to have a hardware synth (Virus, Nord Lead, Moog, anything really) and you want to help me, record the basic shapes (sine, saw, triangle, square, pulse) in C1 and send them to me so I can create wavetables for each.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Netris (28)
State Citizen

Postby Soundphase » 14 Apr 2017, 16:46

I think it's already been done by some people, at least.. I have a folder full of Virus B waveforms

I don't know if someone already did it with other Virus hardware.. I own a Virus C but I'm lazy to record it :+ I'm sure you can already find them somewhere

I'll record the basic waveforms and hypersaw variations in the Virus C if I find time, busy with schoolwork now
Soundphase (27)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles