Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track Snippets/Previews (Give feedback before posting yours)

Need feedback on your Hardstyle track? Post it here

Postby HardstyleHenk » 29 Jan 2017, 14:55

@Greentechnl
Lead sounds kinda amatuerish imo.
Also it could have more atmosphere.

@Neko
Dont like the kick very much :\
But overall nice Track :D

This is what i've been working on in the past half hour
HardstyleHenk (15)
State Native

Postby hard_PL » 29 Jan 2017, 19:24

Hi, HardstyleHenk: You must change something on intro melody quantize it to 1/6 or 1/3.And after 4 step maybe add sub synth in low keys. Change all kick pitch or in piano roll(?) it dont glue together at all.
There is my Defqon1 competition track made in 2011, back to memories :)
Twardy-Twardszy-TWARDZIEJSZY!!
hard_PL
State Citizen

Postby kauchris » 02 Feb 2017, 01:36

@HardstyleHank
I think it is a cool melody idea ;)
But you really need to pitch the kick correctly.

@hard_PL
Sounds classic :)
Really like the sound of the Kick. When the kick pitch is changing, you can hear some muddy on the lows. It's the reverb I think? :P

My last unfinished project. Just listen ;)

kauchris
State Outsider

Postby HardstyleHenk » 04 Feb 2017, 18:34

@Kauchris
Lead sounds nice. That guitar part is awesome aswell. Keep it up!

Here is what ive just started on :)
HardstyleHenk (15)
State Native

Postby NRx Hardstyle » 06 Feb 2017, 12:25

@hard_pl; The kick is barely there, its not really that powerful, its has a 2010 era sound to it tho, which I like, but still its very bland. You gotta work on your mixdown, to bring the kick up and the leads more to the front. Also there is no real change in volume from buildup to drop, which makes the drop way less powerfull than it is :/ . I like the idea of the track and the progression. The lead needs a lot more work, layering and pumping it up.

@Kauchris; Kick needs a bit more highs, just a bit. Its very powerful, but its also very heavily low end, which makes it sound like its inside another room. I fuckin' love those vocals, where did you get them I do want them. Leads need a bit more polishing, try adding more layers less detuned than the lead you got. Also there is too much distortion on the leads. Maybe automate the distortion so when you cut the highs it also cuts the distortion. Otherwise it sounds really good! Great buildup and drop. The melody has a lot of energy and really pumping progression.

@HardstyleHenk; got that oldschool vibe. The lead lacks a bit sidechain and the delay on the lead is way too much when the kick plays. gotta sidechain that too. Adding a lot of fx and shit like that would also bring the track up a bit more. Otherwise, really clean mixdown, but still sounds a bit empty.

I dont know about this melody but what do ya think?
NRx Hardstyle (25)
State Citizen

Postby davidmartin » 15 Feb 2017, 14:37

@NRX - It reminds me a lot of Power of the Mind for some reason :p I like it, and with a quick peek at your soundcloud - you've a lot of good work man! But personally with the main synth, I'd distort it a little more, and turn the volume up on the harmonizing synth, I can hear it in the background but feel it should be a little louder :)

Now, I'm having trouble with my melody in my track, I just don't think it sounds full/fat enough and not sure what to do about it.... (the volume, effects on everything aint perfect ATM because I haven't finished the mixdown)

Literally any suggestions are appreciated, (even if you think it's complete S**T) let me know what you think!
davidmartin (22)
State Newcomer

Postby hazard » 15 Feb 2017, 15:31

@davidmartin the vocal is not in the same key. Just as you say, the mixdown is really bad. The lead lacks character/layers. Keep trying!

@HardstyleHenk dope! great job!

2nd track I've made (and wasn't completly bad) so far.

EDIT:@Neko thanks for the feedback _O_ ! The lead got indeed a bit weaker than It was after exporting. Gonna try .wav next time.
Last edited by hazard on 15 Feb 2017, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
hazard (22)
State Outsider

Postby Neko » 15 Feb 2017, 19:17

@DavidMartin
Like hazard said, the mixdown is not really good, and the vocal is sometimes heavily out of key. Not in the last part though, it all fits very well together there. And I really like the last part for itself actually, it has a beautiful harmonic, the rather soft kick, the melody and vocal fit perfectly together there.
Regarding the beginning, the buildup towards the drop seems to be not elegant, its rather pretty "clumsy", going from a snareloop directly into the drop and stuff. Definitely fix the harmonic in the first part of the drop in the melody and the mixdown. The kick is too far back in the mix, melody sounds really muddy and so on.
I really like the idea of the track though! You defninitely should keep working on that!

@Hazard
It sounds pretty empty, especially in the beginning. Try add more to the piano, some effects, delay, pads and stuff. The synth sounds a bit dry and also a bit thin, 1-2 more layers and more reverb would be the way to go I think.
Kick sounds pretty alright actually, it has a nice hearable character (which most lack nowadays). Its not really an exciting kick on the other hand.
I mean the basic structure of the break and maindrop is there. But theres still alot missing. You definitely need to add more to the buildup, you only got a clap (which sounds a bit muddy by the way) and one simple sweep. Also, in the maindrop, you can have a lot more going on in the details, its not like you just let the patterns run througfh the whole part without changing anything up you know? The beats where the kick is missing for example, just try to replace the kick instead of having a break of one beat there. Just to give an example. Mixdown seems to be ok so far, maybe the kick gets a bit smashed in the mix but that could be from soundcloud aswell.
I'm not a fan of the melody I must admit. It just doesnt get me, its definitely ok harmonic-wise and such, I just think the pause in the melody takes out the drive. I don't know, I'm not a melody expert to be honest, cant really put my finger on the problem I have with it here. Youre off to a great start if thats really your second track youve ever made! Try out more! Go crazy on the maindrops, add more stuff into it! Hope that helped!

@NRx
awesome job! Like with your other datweekaz-like melody ;)
You know what I always tell you - Finish that one! I dont think I need to tell you about the mixdown here, I reckon its just quickly thrown together. :D

Neko (25)
Producer

Postby NRx Hardstyle » 15 Feb 2017, 23:51

@DavidMartin: Yea, you have to work on your mixdown as Neko already pointed out. The leads are pretty, well, bland in my taste, there is no dynamic flow in the synth. Also you are lacking almost all lows and highs in the whole mix. Dont overdo them tho, they need a serious boost. Also yes, as everyone pointed out, the vocals are sometimes out of tune, but you have a decent melody and progression that fit together really well. You should also look up tutorials in sound design, for example, take a lead that you like, look if there is a tutorial for it and try to replicate it. You can now spice the lead up yourself or mix several different techniques together to make your own style. Otherwise a decent start and hope you'll work hard to improve!

@Hazard; You got a really good buildup, but as neko also pointed out its kinda empty, I'dd say add a good long reverb to it. Also your leads need a lot of sidechain an reverb. The kick seems(?) a bit out of pitch, or its just me, anyway, the melody is a bit too short, try making it twice but the second part a bit different, to create a more variable melody to get the flow going. Otherwise really decent start, keep it up.

@Neko: As I said before, really digging the mix in raw and hardcore, the second kick tho is a bit lacking in character. Otherwise keep on going! Also, I've already scrapped that project, might come back to it later ;)

As some of you have seen my kick test, Im gonna let you hear the current state of the track(still tweaking the melody and vocals are just a placeholder)
NRx Hardstyle (25)
State Citizen

Postby Section 8 » 16 Feb 2017, 18:42

@hazard really need more depth and reverb in that lead sounds far too plain, kick needs more punch also, boost them highs!

@NRx Hardstyle i like the idea of the track kick could use more punch, lead sounds pretty good imo no issues with that mixdown could use a little cleaning up.

this is my latest track since changing alias, soundcloud doesnt really do it justice though tune into rawstyle nations podcast to hear the higher quality and mastered version.
Section 8 (22)
State Tourist

Postby The Earfucker » 17 Feb 2017, 16:27

Hello producers!!!

@HardstyleHenk : alles goed henk? you make good leads
I just think that the kick should be more boom more harder !!
and more breaks between the kicks

@hard_PL : Good work realy pro!!! your techniques I can learn something from

@ kauchris nice intro beautiful vocal also needs more breaks between the kick or use more other kicks to make cuttofs to make the overall kick loop more exciting

@ NRx Hardstyle : really beautiful melodies really my style my taste!!!!

@ Neko : you played nice with the kick breaks good work !!!

now my track do not expect much, I am new and novice in hardstyle

Trip To Planet Core (preview)
https://soundcloud.com/the-earfucker/tr ... re-preview

The Last Rebirth
https://soundcloud.com/the-earfucker/the-last-rebirth
The Earfucker
State Newcomer

Postby The Earfucker » 17 Feb 2017, 16:54

Section 8:@hazard really need more depth and reverb in that lead sounds far too plain, kick needs more punch also, boost them highs!

@NRx Hardstyle i like the idea of the track kick could use more punch, lead sounds pretty good imo no issues with that mixdown could use a little cleaning up.

this is my latest track since changing alias, soundcloud doesnt really do it justice though tune into rawstyle nations podcast to hear the higher quality and mastered version.

good work!!! quite a long intro but I like that nice for djs long intros to mix and to let the people cool down after te last track
I hear that the track is not finished yet because I do not hear anny percussion on 1.07 min a small flat one
The Earfucker
State Newcomer

Postby HardstyleHenk » 20 Feb 2017, 17:52

@NRx
Awesome kicks dude! Maybe the tails could be a little longer with a more raw effect (if that's your intenstion)

@Harzard
Awesome Intro!
I wished more hardstyle tracks had such ambient intro's nowadays :)
Anyway your lead sounds a bit amateurish. Maybe some reverb? :D

@Section 8
That atmosphere in the beginning is absolutly amazing _O_
Only its a typical rawstyle track. Kicks & Screeches. Maybe add a melodic climax?
Anyway its a solid track maybe put your first screech a bit lower till like 1:50

Here what I've been working on

Preview of original track
HardstyleHenk (15)
State Native

Postby The Earfucker » 20 Feb 2017, 21:15

HardstyleHenk:

Here what I've been working on

Preview of original track

listening and give complains and feedbacks is always easier than to make it yourself because we do not often hear our own mistakes in tracks
but that is my personal opinion

I like the soal intro, you have also made the melody or lead better than the Original track, goood work!!

Only your style is too much along with other producers about 10 years ago
the hardstyle synth is also to standard i heard these synth sounds many times before in other tracks

the kick is also not from these days 2017 the kick stil needs more tension more breaks more power not like the standard hardstyle kicks years ago
It could be that I got it wrong this is just my opinion
my score for you is 6.5
certainly beter than I produce keep up the good work
The Earfucker
State Newcomer

Postby NRx Hardstyle » 22 Feb 2017, 21:14

@section8: Really liking the kick, the tail could do some polishing, there is some wierd uncleanness in it. You got to work on your mixdown, its not that balanced. Your screeches and leads also lacks a bit of reverb at least the first one. Otherwise really awesome sound, looking forward to hear where this is going.

@Earfuckerz: You have to work on your arrangement, there is like no red line to follow through in the first track. Otherwise pretty cool fx. In the second track you have to work on the mixdown, it feels like a mush at the moment.

@henk: The lead lacks a bit high end and some umpf, try looking some tutorials to practice lead design. Otherwise work on ya mixdown and it'll get there ;)

I don't know if I'll keep this.
NRx Hardstyle (25)
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles