Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

No Man's Sky

Talk about PC's, games, gadgets, etc.

Postby Valadia » 13 Aug 2016, 10:15

MarlboroMan:I had planets covered with water for most parts with underwater space stations, I had jungle planets, rockey planets with very few plants, a planet that was very hot with lots of storms, an ice planet. I can't complain so far. Although I found a crashed spaceship and unfortunately I couldn't find any zinc to repair it. That was a real bummer. :\ My biggest problems so far are the limited storage and the bad controls on console. I like how the story progresses and how you have to learn the alien languages. Although that is pretty slow as you have to learn word for word. I hope they fix that, I don't want to look for every single word. I would rather like to find letters from the alphabet. Btw So far I played it for 10 h.

That doesn't sound too bad, I think I might get it for PC. Thanks a lot :)
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (19)
State Celebrity

Postby MarlboroMan » 13 Aug 2016, 11:25

But be warned, I've heard that a lot of people have problems with the PC port, especially with the steam version. GOG should run better as far as I heard. You might want to wate for some bugfixes and patches. :)
MarlboroMan (25)
Global Mod

Postby Valadia » 13 Aug 2016, 18:29

Thanks for the warning ;)
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (19)
State Celebrity

Postby Reverse Ghost » 18 Aug 2016, 13:47

Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Postby audiofreq » 18 Aug 2016, 15:16

MarlboroMan:But be warned, I've heard that a lot of people have problems with the PC port, especially with the steam version. GOG should run better as far as I heard. You might want to wate for some bugfixes and patches. :)

I've had it crash a lot on PS4. Probably lost 500K units in total thanks to crashes.

I haven't followed the development at all and I got it on a whim. I don't know whats missing from the previews and trailers but it feels like a hollow game. My opinion is that itss worth about 15eu, not the 60 that I paid for it.
audiofreq
Bumpfreq & Producer

Postby solarized » 18 Aug 2016, 16:19

audiofreq:
MarlboroMan:But be warned, I've heard that a lot of people have problems with the PC port, especially with the steam version. GOG should run better as far as I heard. You might want to wate for some bugfixes and patches. :)

I've had it crash a lot on PS4. Probably lost 500K units in total thanks to crashes.

I haven't followed the development at all and I got it on a whim. I don't know whats missing from the previews and trailers but it feels like a hollow game. My opinion is that itss worth about 15eu, not the 60 that I paid for it.

I've been umming and ahhing over whether to get this as it looked amazing but i've seen so many people say this, that im just going to wait until it goes down in price, i think before trying it. So much disappointment about.

Am I right in thinking that most of the planets you come across are basically just clones but a different colour with different variations of animals but essentially it's the same thing?
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Rocko » 18 Aug 2016, 16:25

audiofreq:

For many people this video has summed it up (tongue-in-cheek kinda style):

No, I don't own the game and I'm not planning to. Too much shit to do in GTA 5 now that I finally got it :D
Rocko
Global Mod

Postby Raw Output » 18 Aug 2016, 18:09

solarized:
audiofreq:

I've been umming and ahhing over whether to get this as it looked amazing but i've seen so many people say this, that im just going to wait until it goes down in price, i think before trying it. So much disappointment about.

Am I right in thinking that most of the planets you come across are basically just clones but a different colour with different variations of animals but essentially it's the same thing?

The planets and animals are pretty unique, and so are the spaceships, but the exploring part of it gets boring quite quickly. After about ~5 hours of playing I finally found a planet that looks like the ones from trailers, I was pretty happy about it and after exploring it for a little while I realized thats all there is to this game. There was literally nothing to do on that planet exept the same grind I've been doing the past 5 hours. Scan, collect stuff, refuel, move on. When they patch in the space station building and base building, and maybe introduce a homeworld system, something to do with the gazillion different resources you can harvest, then it becomes a real game, currently its just a zen flying simulator with pretty colors. I still like it tho, the story writing is on point, sadly its only in text form.
Raw Output (24)
Producer

Postby audiofreq » 18 Aug 2016, 22:13

I'd just like an easier way to go back to previously visited systems.

I've found a few with crazy amounts of rare resources, but finding my way back after a few warp-jumps is next to impossible. It would be cool to set way points on the planet/system level and have them show up in the galactic map (though if this is possible, I apologise, I've been in album mode).
audiofreq
Bumpfreq & Producer

Postby Vicious » 20 Aug 2016, 09:15

audiofreq:I'd just like an easier way to go back to previously visited systems.

I've found a few with crazy amounts of rare resources, but finding my way back after a few warp-jumps is next to impossible. It would be cool to set way points on the planet/system level and have them show up in the galactic map (though if this is possible, I apologise, I've been in album mode).

It's clunky as hell, they recommend naming a planet in each system "something easier to remember" so you can search for it :pacman:
Vicious
State Hero

Postby CAP » 26 Aug 2016, 15:11

looks like a game i'd like, but alas no monies so I just keep trying to beat the final boss battle in Brutal Doom
CAP (32)
Producer

Postby P.L.K » 28 Aug 2016, 02:17

P.L.K (20)
State Celebrity

Postby CAP » 28 Aug 2016, 10:33

if anybody has a steam copy and hates it, i'll gladly take or trade some games for your copy lol
CAP (32)
Producer

Postby DirtyTok » 29 Aug 2016, 07:44

Im still enjoying the game
Yeah its repetitive i agree.

I like the planets you discover, all of the planets i have discovered Are unique. But havent been to more than 12-15 so...

Just playing this until Battlefield will be released
Boys of WIllem fan-club owner
DirtyTok (24)
State Hero

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles