Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Sylenth1 Clone

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Holder » 24 Jun 2016, 19:49

Hi there, I just wanted to let you know that since I am skilled in programming. (Java/C#/Any web language/Any DB language) I will try to code a synthesizer, it will mostly be a sylenth1 clone as the title says. But why do I want to make a sylenth1 clone? Because I want to make a free version of it :p . Maybe I will add some other features that help with hardstyle production but that will be decided later. Anyways I will only probably finish this Project when 2016 ends (still have to research if I need a new IDE, what libraries do I have to download if any, and I also have a lot going on at the moment). Furthermore, I will periodically post beta/alfa/whatever letter of the greek alphabet versions here so you can be my personal beta testers :+ . As I develop the VST I will also ask for help in understanding what each knob does (for the knobs that I do not know what they do) and will always check with you guys if what I understand of said knob is what it actually does, and also - while I'm developing, suggestions for new features will also be greatly appreciated. I will probably also need help with design, so if anyone knows Photoshop or paint.net or whatever and can design good backgrounds and images for the knobs/levers etc, please let me know.

This first month development will be slow for the reasons above. I will probably start working alot in the end of august, and you will probably see the first pré-alfa (i guess that's what I should call it?) posted here in september, and it will probably only have the 4 osc's and a detune knob for each. After that, development should be quite fast and I should be done in January 2017 (in the worst case scenario).

Thank you all for Reading, I hope you are as excited as I am :p .
Raw kicks should sound like spitting something furiously followed by the sound of dogs barking
Holder
State Citizen

Postby adamross » 24 Jun 2016, 22:20

I don't know with Java-C# it is not that possible to do that... mainly other C languages.

Good luck anyway, looking forward to it!:)

Ps. An also Software engineer
adamross
Producer

Postby Soundphase » 25 Jun 2016, 00:58

i think c++ would be the one right? I don't know if people need a sylenth clone :naughty: but it could be good for the practice if that's what you want
Soundphase (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Holder » 28 Jun 2016, 00:15

adamross:I don't know with Java-C# it is not that possible to do that... mainly other C languages.

Good luck anyway, looking forward to it!:)

Ps. An also Software engineer

Hmm is that so? I thought it was possible. No matter, will still try to study this further
Raw kicks should sound like spitting something furiously followed by the sound of dogs barking
Holder
State Citizen

Postby ushanka_guy » 02 Jul 2016, 23:57

Check out the juce vst library. it's a rather easy way to create vsts(also with gui editor and stuff). You write that in c++ and as far as I know you can also build a mac version of your vst then.

https://www.juce.com/tutorials
ushanka_guy
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles