Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Doing a mix with FL Studio

Share knowledge about DJ'ing here (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Tritta » 21 Mar 2016, 00:04

Hi guys !

I would like to know how I could do a mixtape/podcast with FL Studio since I don't have any DJ Gear to do mixes. Of course I want to put tracks with different BPMs in it.

TY in advance ! :)
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby Shadow Interaction » 21 Mar 2016, 01:23

well before any of that, i'd put up a tracklist and consider in advance what tracks sound good together, aswell as putting variety in there. Second, i'd make sure all the tracks have the same tempo (because in FL it's kind of complex to do so). i'd adjust the final tempo difference as a whole, in an automation (master tempo).
When working in FL you'll be working in the automation field, dropping all tunes in there, and when "mixing", make use of two workways: cutting off audio clips to where you want to track to end and automating the low frequencies (so they don't conflict), it's quite easy to do so with an equalizer :)
Shadow Interaction (30)
Producer

Postby Archtitans » 21 Mar 2016, 07:11

Hi, if you want to make a mixtape with fl studio you can just add in the channel rack audio channels and there you can put your songs you want to mix. You can do this by drag and drop. Then you just open the playlist and put the channels with the audio samples in it. There you can cut the tracks.
Archtitans
State Outsider

Postby Tritta » 21 Mar 2016, 09:29

TY for your answers guys :)
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby P.L.K » 21 Mar 2016, 10:06

A-Lusion did a tutorial for this kind of mixing a while ago dunno if its was with fl or some other programm but I think in the end its works kinda the same.
just look around at youtube it is there. :D
P.L.K (20)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles