Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

The Pitcher - Shock And Awe [Fusion Records]

Discuss all Hardstyle albums, dvd's etc. here.

Postby D-Verze » 16 Apr 2015, 14:58

Updated with release date ^^
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (24)
Producer

Postby Jordan » 11 May 2015, 07:30

I was always going to buy this, ive liked everything ive heard so far...

Brought and keen to give it a thump! :+
Jordan
State Citizen

Postby ceero » 11 May 2015, 07:34

Gave it a quick listen and my first impression is : holy fuck this is GOOOOOOOOD!! Didnt expect much tbh, i am overly susprised! Ill write a full review later :)

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Orbi » 11 May 2015, 10:48

Pretty mediocre in my opinion. Child Of The Night, Dystopia, Break The Kick, MPX 1 and So Good are the only tracks I enjoy. It's well produced for the most part but just so boring and stale to me.
Orbi
State Native

Postby hardstyleprem1um » 11 May 2015, 14:00

My short little review on the full tracks

1 Shock and Awe Anthem - Very good and mighty melody that gave me chills the first time i heard it. The midintro
screetch is drowning with that kick somehow. It just sound forced and almost like the screetch is forcing
its way trough. Right before the melody we hear a "talking screetch" that just its like "wow, thats someting new".
All in all a good album anthem to showcase the new sound of The Pitcher 7/10(Track overall)--9/10(Melody).

2 F.U.C.K - Ok track. Liking the intro with the sample "Whats that spell" that builds up the midintro,and then
a screetch comes in. Cool "Mono-Stereo Screetch in the intro",but not enough creativity to be something that
i want to keep coming back to. 6/10

3 Child Of the Light - This is for me "This is who we are". Very good and engaging melody that gives me the
same good feeling as Shock and Awe Anthem. The track combines piano,talking screetch that follows the melody,
and good vocals that just belong in the track. This is the track that stood out to me as top 5,and a solid 9/10.

4 Surprise Motherfucker - Has the oldschool feeling,which is always great to hear. The intro gives us a really
good saw sound that just sound very tasty. The melody sound to me boring and just not what i expected when i read the
the tracktitle.So for me this is a 5/10 as i only like the intro synth and a few seconds later in the track

5 Mind Like a Gun - Screetches is nothing new when it comes to The Pitcher.And if you like screetches and
rap lyrics,then i guess this is your thing. But the combo of the screetches and the rapping just sounds "wannebe something cool".
It dosnt work and sound very "meh,skip to the next track on the album , we have all heard this before". So this gets a 4/10.

6 Remember - I thought that this was gonne be a "back to the oldschool" track,but how wrong i was. It uses the
same track structure as Mind Like a Gun,but this time it works much better because they switch around with the
melody and the lyrics and screetches,and it sound much better than Mind Like a Gun. Not that great,but still a 5,5/10

7 Dystopia feat Jack of Sound - This i am not feeling at all. The kick is great,but the track sounds very much empty.
And the melody isnt as engaging as i was hoping. I dont know why i am not feeling this,i just dont 4/10

8 Break The Kick feat Hard Driver - Sounds very much like a almost 100% Hard Driver track,with Donkey Rollers vocals
trown in. Pretty standard track,and nothing that stands out so no dislike or like,just a 5/10.

9 The Candyman (Album edit)- Still great,but very lazy work when only tiny parts has been changed.A fillertrack indeed.
So a rate this as i would have with the original track 7,5/10

10 P.U.Z.Z - Lol at the lyrics. The midintro screetch is for me very pumping and breaks away from the standard
screetch. The rest of the track is ok to listen to,but again nothing that i will run to my laptop to listen to
5,5/10

11 Trapped in Fear - Lovely atmosphere with the lyrics of Annabelle. Has that great feeling and the vocals fits
perfect in the track. And the melody is great to. Very good track and a solid 9/10

12 MPX1 feat B-Front - Oh man that anti climax is awsome,and just sounds like a plane is gonne take off.
Very good atmosphere-ish track and just great overall. 8,5/10

13 Power To the People - Those vocals fits very good and gives the track some power. The whole track is almost
"Back once again with the Renegade Master",and it just works. Cool track for parties and ok track overall 7/10

14 Attack feat Frequencerz - Generic track and sounds like every other hardstyletrack out there. So nothing to come
back to 3/10

15 Rhapsody - The fourth track i found very good and kept coming back to this track. Very good track for me.
A good climax and has a good atmosphere. 8/10

16 Feel So Good - A cool summertrack,but cant see myself coming back to this track. Has a good feeling and
a nice overall feeling 5/10

I know i bitched about this album not beeing great,but have to say that when i heard the full tracks i found this album enjoyable and are listening
to this right now. It dosnt beat Smack,but is indeed a great album. Overall score i guess is 7,5/10.

Hugh Mungus What?....Hugh Mungus What?...Hugh Mungus What?
hardstyleprem1um (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Vicious » 11 May 2015, 15:32

Dystopia and MPX1 are the definite stand outs, both are sick tracks. Powerful melody in Dystopia and the vocals match perfectly and that raptor sound in the climax of MPX1 sounds fucking epic! The rest is pretty forgettable but might grow on me
Vicious
State Hero

Postby John Cove » 11 May 2015, 18:32

Damn I miss Pitchers melodic style. This could be a random raw album.

Disappointed :(
John Cove (29)
Crab

Postby adamross » 11 May 2015, 23:46

show some more attention to this epic album! Okay, it's not as memorable album as Smack, but the sound design is OOOOHHHMYY. Shock and awe is surely one of the best tracks ever written in electronic dance music. Pure might, and epicness on that melody. Will write a rewiew soon.
adamross
Producer

Postby Jordan » 12 May 2015, 01:18

Yea I have to say im very happy with this album. I haven’t been saturated with hard style lately so these songs are all new and exciting to me.

There are some very strong and powerful tracks which I just couldn’t wait to get on the train to work to listen to again. Songs like Shock and awe (holy crapppp) and MXP1 just to name a few, are stand outs. And little parts like the piano in Rhapsody for example are just melting (I wish that was the climax). There are plenty of others.

There are a few weird ones that won’t stick with me as I can’t into the try hard rap and “im so bad mum look at me, I’m yelling swear words cause I’m so badass !!yeah!) like FUCK and PUZZ

I can only imagine how hard it must be to produce a song like PUZZ with the COCK! COCK! COCK! COCK! COCK! PUSSY PUSSY banging in your head all day haha.

Im a fan of swelling melody middles and this didn’t disappoint (unlike World Order…)
Last edited by Jordan on 13 May 2015, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan
State Citizen

Postby ASTARTAS » 12 May 2015, 09:04

i really like the album, was looking forward to it ... enjoy the sounddesign etc. but i only have 1 thing to complain ... to be honest it "pi**es" me off that the actually showed every little bit of each track until the release so there were no surprise ... nothing that was fresh anymore ... you could hear every track as much as you wanted in different podcasts / youtube / facebook uploads ... i just dont think this is a good way of marketing, showing of little samples ... like a short minimix with "bits" of a couple of tracks is good but not in this way ... just my oppinion :(
ASTARTAS (30)
State Tourist

Postby Eststylaz » 12 May 2015, 18:31

most of the tracks are awesome, especially Trapped In Fear, MPX 1 and Rhapsody :fist:
Eststylaz (29)
State Native

Postby Chaz3rd » 12 May 2015, 19:14

Igniteofficial:i really like the album, was looking forward to it ... enjoy the sounddesign etc. but i only have 1 thing to complain ... to be honest it "pi**es" me off that the actually showed every little bit of each track until the release so there were no surprise ... nothing that was fresh anymore ... you could hear every track as much as you wanted in different podcasts / youtube / facebook uploads ... i just dont think this is a good way of marketing, showing of little samples ... like a short minimix with "bits" of a couple of tracks is good but not in this way ... just my oppinion :(

I agree! this is why i am not listening to a single preview of Noisecontrollers new album! just to so that i can sit down on the 1st of June and listen to every track from start to finish for the first time :D
Chaz3rd (20)
State Tourist

Postby Chaz3rd » 12 May 2015, 19:22

ALbum is good as a whole, although there are some tracks i cannot stand like Attack, Suprise Motherfucker, PUZZ, Power to the People, just not my sorta thing at all, but i guess its good that they are in an album where there is some tracks i will like, instead of getting an EP full of these tracks :) Top 3 tracks have to be... 1.Rhapsody, that first anti is like a black hole, 2. Shock and Awe is fantastic, and Child of the Night has a great feel to it :)
Chaz3rd (20)
State Tourist

Postby Freddy » 01 Jun 2015, 18:43

(uploaded today by The Pitcher for some reason :+ )
Freddy
State Hero

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles