Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Thoughts about Rawstyle in the upcoming MOH event?

Postby twyce » 28 Jan 2014, 21:29

meh, with this stage they attract a bigger audience of course, since there is a lot of people that really like hardcore but are not sure if they can handle a whole night full of it. and yeah so the basic point behind this is more music=more people=more money.

and i can't stand the gabber point of view, to them everything below 180bpm is pussy. which isn't true. in my eyes a lot of stuff from theracords spoontech or minus is more is a lot harder than a lot of hardcore stuff...
twyce (29)
State Celebrity

Postby Future Shokk » 28 Jan 2014, 21:48

Nobody forces you to visit the rawstyle stage. It''s your choice to stay away or not ;)

And that whole die hard gabber behaviour is simply ridiculous imo :+ Better ignore these braindeads ;)
Future Shokk (32)
Global Mod

Postby SCH » 28 Jan 2014, 22:03

Future Shokk:And that whole die hard gabber behaviour is simply ridiculous imo :+ Better ignore these braindeads ;)

A lot of the people with that attitude can't even stand half an hour at the industrial stage anyway :+
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (25)
Producer

Postby Twixel » 28 Jan 2014, 23:26

Well I think we would feel the same if they'd put a house/dubstep artist for opening Qlimax (especially in 2010, remember all the hate on dubstep ojojoj :D) I know it's not the same thing since there are also other areas in MOH, but I think that's how they feel it.
Twixel
State Celebrity

Postby Johnny250 » 28 Jan 2014, 23:36

SCH:
Future Shokk:And that whole die hard gabber behaviour is simply ridiculous imo :+ Better ignore these braindeads ;)

A lot of the people with that attitude can't even stand half an hour at the industrial stage anyway :+

Haha and that's also the same guys thinking that Frenchcore is the hardest shit existing out there and thinking Hardcore is all about the speed ... I bet most of the people complaining about this are germans :+)

on topic:
I really can't understand all this shitstorm about the hardstyle area, that's probably the same guys worshipping Dominator to the max ... Oh and yeah it's like MOH always was the most underground party, too
Johnny250 (26)
State Hero

Postby John Cove » 28 Jan 2014, 23:42

More diversity is always good.

I can't stand those 100% ANGERFIST HARDCORE SPEEDCORE IDIOT2657 guys

:+
John Cove (29)
State Legend

Postby dajazza » 29 Jan 2014, 01:17

Lol so much emphasis on the "100% HARDCORE" punters. Theres elitist in hardstyle too. And obviously adding a rawstyle stage would add more people, therefore more money... that is just signs of selling out. What if the tables turned... and all of a sudden the Qlimax 2014 anthem was produced by, lets say, Ophidian. The whole hardstyle community would go nuts! I would go ape sh*t too. Its a matter of principle, simple as that, its called Masters of HARDCORE for a reason.
dajazza
State Newcomer

Postby doomahx » 29 Jan 2014, 02:13

dajazza:Lol so much emphasis on the "100% HARDCORE" punters. Theres elitist in hardstyle too. And obviously adding a rawstyle stage would add more people, therefore more money... that is just signs of selling out. What if the tables turned... and all of a sudden the Qlimax 2014 anthem was produced by, lets say, Ophidian. The whole hardstyle community would go nuts! I would go ape sh*t too. Its a matter of principle, simple as that, its called Masters of HARDCORE for a reason.

unless we know MOH's financial situation it's hard to say whether or not they are selling out. They could just be doing it for survival. If MOH is drawing say, 10% less party goers each year, they need to make that up somehow in order to continue doing the same large scale events. unless of course everyone would rather smaller venues, less production and less DJ's.
doomahx
State Newcomer

Postby Tamme » 29 Jan 2014, 02:26

I would love a Qlimax anthem by Ophidian. Illusions kind of anthem :D I get wet just by the thought of it :P
But really, is this something to put your energy in? It is what it is, learn to live with it and have a good time at the event.
Tamme
State Senior Citizen

Postby DjPractice » 29 Jan 2014, 02:45

mmmmmmmm Ophidian Qlimax anthem *drools*
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby dajazza » 29 Jan 2014, 04:31

unless we know MOH's financial situation it's hard to say whether or not they are selling out. They could just be doing it for survival. If MOH is drawing say, 10% less party goers each year, they need to make that up somehow in order to continue doing the same large scale events. unless of course everyone would rather smaller venues, less production and less DJ's.

Then a smaller venue would be the appropriate decision. Or as cheesy as this sounds... just die fighting (similar to Thunderdome) and let Nirvana of Noise or some other event take over.
dajazza
State Newcomer

Postby RossMcleod » 29 Jan 2014, 13:11

dajazza:Then a smaller venue would be the appropriate decision. Or as cheesy as this sounds... just die fighting (similar to Thunderdome) and let Nirvana of Noise or some other event take over.

So, hypothetically, you'd rather the entire MOH brand, one that is widely loved and respected by so many Hardcore fans around the world, dies before it adds a small Hardstyle area to one of its many events? That would be a huge blow to the worldwide Hardcore scene. There's no way you've thought it through properly.
RossMcleod (25)
State Celebrity

Postby DjPractice » 29 Jan 2014, 14:09

id say dajazza wouldn't be alone in that theory, Ross ;)
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby twyce » 29 Jan 2014, 21:15

thunderdome didn't die fighting btw...id&t dropped it because they don't want to be linked to that kinda music anymore...
twyce (29)
State Celebrity

Postby lamtak » 30 Jan 2014, 13:10

John Cove:More diversity is always good.

And this discussion is a big example of narrowmindedness... For the rest, read Tha Rippah's post.
lamtak (25)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles