Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

General purpose thread

Postby bAsher » 21 May 2013, 12:29

Intro of lose my mind is 145bpm and mainpart 150 i think. but still, slowed down hardstyle is horrible imo
bAsher (21)
State Celebrity

Postby icey » 22 May 2013, 02:12

Reading through alot of recent topics and so many people moaning/complaining about the state of the hs scene at the moment(not including me) ;)

Commercial/kicks/soft/house/ are words popping up all the time... Didn't somebody mention it seems like 07 all over again?
icey (26)
State Hero

Postby DjPractice » 22 May 2013, 02:51

well not sure "House" was an issue in 2007 but yeah, it is happening again. difference is the new combinations from now are not as exciting as they were in 2007. Early nu-style is amazing compared to what is here now
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Hero

Postby QuantomMusic » 24 May 2013, 08:31

ceero:a bit off topic but imo this sooooooo aplies for hardstyle

Couldn't have said it better myself...love that guy and he pumps out some killer house tracks...love listening to him in my car :)
Quantom - DJ / Producer
Quantom.us
Facebook
QuantomMusic (18)
Producer

Postby Doctor Dave » 25 May 2013, 02:12

Just wanted to say, but didn't want to start a new thread, plus it's likely been said many times before:

Why do labels bother to release 1-trackers that are already available in full on compilations? Surely everyone that wants it has it? :?
Doctor Dave (26)
Producer

Postby QuantomMusic » 25 May 2013, 07:12

My friend and I thought of the funniest thing:

We were sitting in my car listening to Frontliner and I was like "what if there was a big wheel and you spinned it and whatever producer the wheel lands on, you get to spend a whole weekend hanging out with them." And then my friend was like "what if you landed on someone we don't even like, someone ugly like Toneshifterz" oh god we laughed so hard.
Quantom - DJ / Producer
Quantom.us
Facebook
QuantomMusic (18)
Producer

Postby PNXRMX » 25 May 2013, 15:22

Doctor Dave:Just wanted to say, but didn't want to start a new thread, plus it's likely been said many times before:

Why do labels bother to release 1-trackers that are already available in full on compilations? Surely everyone that wants it has it? :?

Not everyone follows all the compilations and its not always by conscious choice that they appear there (forgot to send a radio edit for example). It would be a shame if that then makes the track no longer release worthy. Releases aren't really for money or for sales that much anyway on small labels, more for image/promotion and an official release of a track with YouTube video etc is a part of that. It's not just a way to get the tracks out there, otherwise artists would just put zippy share links up from time to time :p
PNXRMX
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 25 May 2013, 16:15

Doctor Dave:Just wanted to say, but didn't want to start a new thread, plus it's likely been said many times before:

Well i like to have my music organised and i do that via labels. And i also want an original, proper artwork for each track. It's good if something leaks this way (especially tracks like Toneshifterz - Time To Be Free which take fckn ages to release for some mysterious reason), but i am glad if it get's a proper release afterwards.
Ideas are bulletproof.
ceero (22)
Crab

Postby QuantomMusic » 26 May 2013, 03:07

Just bought my tickets for Electric Forest...gonna be my first massive. can't believe i'm going to see heady in person...im gonna faint
Quantom - DJ / Producer
Quantom.us
Facebook
QuantomMusic (18)
Producer

Postby Statical » 26 May 2013, 22:36

Still at EDC Chicago currently. The one day that had hardstyle is over and I've grown bored making fun of the crowd and wandering around trying to find decent music.

Heady's set was pretty well received so I'm happy hardstyle got some exposure there at the main stage. Smaller stage where they put the rest of the hardstyle at had a pretty poor turnout in a muddy/small area. Blutonium Boy, Kutski, and Technoboy only had a crowd of about 200. Isaac had most closer to 300.
Last edited by Statical on 26 May 2013, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Statical (22)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Emre » 26 May 2013, 22:39

QuantomMusic:Just bought my tickets for Electric Forest...gonna be my first massive. can't believe i'm going to see heady in person...im gonna faint

i got a picture with him :P, but he seems pretty, 'full of himself' irl. His energy behind the decks is massive tho :D
And I couldn't understand how the world could turn, without the enlightening sounds of dance music.
Emre (20)
State Hero

Postby DjPractice » 27 May 2013, 03:38

maybe they were only banking on 200-300 attending??? wait and see I spose :)
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Hero

Postby icey » 27 May 2013, 19:44

Why all topics getting locked?? Don't understand, let people comment what they like and don't bother reading it if you don't like anything negative? Getting silly now.
icey (26)
State Hero

Postby Prozel » 27 May 2013, 20:00

icey:Why all topics getting locked?? Don't understand, let people comment what they like and don't bother reading it if you don't like anything negative? Getting silly now.

Agreed. It's getting stupid.
Prozel (20)
State Celebrity

Postby zanshi » 27 May 2013, 20:05

should i unlock it again?
please note that this action was taken for preventive reasons
you guys showed us way too many times how things can escalate, esp when suddenly "lol old vs nu"

so are you gonna keep DISCUSSING or are you gonna start throwing shit at eachother?
"Your effort to remain what you are, is what limits you."
"ars ex scientia"
zanshi (22)
Admin

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles