Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track reviews(non-hardstyle/hardcore)[Give feedback before posting yours]

All other music besides Hardstyle & Hardcore

Postby Matt » 13 May 2013, 21:08

@slic wow this is awesome, love the sound design ! vocal suits the beat very much :)

@The Convicted Nice acid ! :) Somehow I find that the track lacks something. I'm sure a reverse bass will give it much more drive :)

@Shrapnel The notes aren't in tune with the vocal. It's really annoying ^^ The drop is quite good, liking the sounds :) Don't like the snare much, you could give it more punch :) Nice track overall.

Here's a Trance track I made. Nearly complete :)
ImageImageImage Image
Matt (20)
State Celebrity

Postby Type Four » 13 May 2013, 22:37

@Matt: I am no huge trance fan, but it sounds very well done. Good job!
@Shrapnel: As Matt said, the vocal is not it tune, but the rest of the track sounds very interesting, some nice sounds you got there mate :p
@The Convicted: I am basically having same thoughts as Matt here.

Type Four (19)
State Citizen

Postby EJMU » 14 May 2013, 11:16

EJMU
Producer

Postby Matt » 14 May 2013, 11:38

Please give feedback before posting track EJMU :)
ImageImageImage Image
Matt (20)
State Celebrity

Postby Nitrax » 16 May 2013, 01:41

@Matt: Might be my headphones but the midrange tone at the start has a resonant peak that really jumps out, not too pleasant for my ears. But then there's that drop! Awesome! In the breakdown/buildup, is the cracking/distorted stuff on purpose? Pretty cool. Atmosphere is amazing, really well done.

@Type four: God I'm in love with this. The melody, and the down-pitched lead coming through now and then, just beautiful. Downloaded and liked! Only thing I think you should change, is the reversed clap or whatever it is, halfway every beat, it sounds like it starts a bit too early now.

@EJMU: Quality wise very good. Would love this in a club! Though 1 thing: I would halve the use of the vocal "tonight", got kind of repetitive.

I found myself a new ingenious vst called Synplant, and started playing around with the options. I came up with this, all but the kickdrum and clap are made with the synplant, it's 5 layers of melody now I think. How is this? Going for a really space-like atmosphere.
Not really sure what to do with the claps, and there are some other things in the melody that seem off that I can't figure out.

Edit: Finished it :) Probably my best and fastest track ever. Extremely happy with this.

My music - Raphyr - Ferramus
Nitrax (21)
State Native

Postby zanshi » 21 May 2013, 20:58

@nitrax - really liking your track! amazing work! synths could be a bit fatter, otherwise nothing to add!
@emju hahaha. tonight. tonight. tonight. tonight ;D very clubby, solid track!!
@tf: you're lacking high end everywhere and still sounds a bit empty x:

my newest baby.
from the first midi to the mastered *.wav: ±4:45h, my workflow is insane lately
"Your effort to remain what you are, is what limits you."
"ars ex scientia"
zanshi (22)
Admin

Postby slic » 22 May 2013, 17:08

Type Four, liking the idea, tho mixing is not so great, make it big :P
Agravic, well its a really cool electro track, all i can say. (H)
Nitrax, again, idea is big, but needs better mixing. :fist:
Zanshi, this sounds so awesome, mixing is great, idea is great. really liking this :O

Did this some time ago
slic
State Tourist

Postby Nekasrof » 22 May 2013, 19:04

@slic,very nice stuff, but the overall percussion and rhythm are not good. You can't find out the basic rhythm or tell the BPM so that makes it hard to follow :? also the drums could us some work.
@zanshi, holy shit (L) amazing in every way, ambiency, rhythm, structure, instruments, mastering everything!! We need to collab in the future! _O_ _O_

there's more to come in trance side of mine :p
Nekasrof (20)
Producer

Postby Fission » 22 May 2013, 22:32

Nekasrof: I love the piano! The rest is not really my thing, but sounds pretty nice.
Slic: :O how did you get those vocals? Sounds pretty nice, but I don't like your panning! Think everything is panned too harsh, and I'd definitely prefer the vocals centered.
Zanshi: Sick stuff! I'd definitely imagine that in a movie or a game. Well done!
Nitrax: really nice stuff man!

I tried making some synthpop stuff, kind of inspired by M83. Made this all with my headphones, which I'm not used to, in a few hours, so mixdown etc, well, forgive me. I'd love to put in a guitar and replace the VEC drums with some more realistic ones. Anyone have an idea which drum kit I could use and if there's a decent guitar vst/rompler out there?
Fission (19)
State Celebrity

Postby Noiser » 23 May 2013, 22:27

plz stop destroying house track with hardstyle kick edit
Noiser (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Fission » 23 May 2013, 22:30

Thanks for totally reviewing other people's tracks. :yawn:

Guess I'll have to update the topic title. Too many people apparently still don't get it.

EDIT:

Ehh, I guess you are just in the wrong topic?
Fission (19)
State Celebrity

Postby Done Heavy » 24 May 2013, 15:42

Zanshi: Very nice track! Pretty insane you can come up with something like that in less then 5 hours.
Slic: Really like the sound fx of the water, and the vocals. But, as Fission said, I would do something on the panning.
Nekasrof: Kick has great power, but I would use it in a better way.. like in the Thera ''hardertrance'' remixes. You should look some of them up on YouTube if you don't know them already.
Hidde: Great stuff! Really like your lead in the beginning.

Getting more and more comfortable in creating trance in a short time. used vocals before, but haven't used vocal effects till now. wanted to try out, and hope it succeeded.

Done Heavy (18)
State Celebrity

Postby Nitrax » 25 May 2013, 19:26

@Zanshi: That's probably one of the best sausages I've heard in a while. One thing that got me was the snare/clap thing that sounds a little low quality compared to all the other stuff that is pure HQ.
@slic: Not sure if I like how the rain is right and the rest is left, how about putting some rain right and some left (different sounds), then panning the other sounds in a subtle way? Just a thought, not sure if it's better. Overall pretty relaxing stuff, nice :) Also the soft kick in there, I think it could be better if you lowered it a couple of notes, or eq it so the lower bass frequencies come out more.
@Nekasrof: I'm not really familiar with that kind of music so I'm not exactly sure how it sounds best, but overall it seems pretty good. Is the ending supposed to go like that or is it just a mash? Not sure how that goes with the part before it :p
@Fission: Seems to lack deep bass, which might be your headphones' fault. I think a longer/different snare would suit better, other drum sounds seem to do well. I'm really not familiar with this music so forgive me if I'm giving of bad advice :P
@Noiser: You should totally put in more cowbells.
@Tha Seeker: Nice! The thing I was really waiting for is a powerful warm bassline that kicks in at 1:00, is it not there on purpose or haven't you thought about it yet? Other than that, keep it coming. I'd love to hear the result.

Big techno piece, work in progress as you can hear, still kinda rough, espec the synth automations.
How's the idea? Suggestions? One thing I can't decide on is, should I start the first drop with the clap (like the second), or keep it as it is?

Something else, it's sick how big of a difference in quality of material there is in this topic compared to the hardstyle section, and that's a good thing!
Last edited by Nitrax on 30 May 2013, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.
My music - Raphyr - Ferramus
Nitrax (21)
State Native

Postby JensJacobsen » 27 May 2013, 11:16

nitrax ,special stuff really liked!
Fission ,10/10

new tune
JensJacobsen (22)
Producer

Postby Nekasrof » 31 May 2013, 20:32

@JensJacobsen, takes me back to my high-school years (L) it could use some work for build-ups and fine tuning in synths and lyrics, but I like it very much!

EDIT: switched to EP preview, other is an electro and other is an schranz track :p
Last edited by Nekasrof on 01 Jun 2013, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
Nekasrof (20)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles