Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Mixing or Producing?

Share knowledge about DJ'ing here (Shared HS/HC)

Postby repeat » 12 Sep 2012, 23:13

I've had a Behringer NOX404 since january and can safely say i'm happy with it. No problems, sound is good, love the FX unit and the no contact faders..
repeat (25)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Digital Shifter » 13 Sep 2012, 11:38

DJ Tropus:
Que-Dee:
Musugorotsuki:The feeling you get when you make a track/kick/other sound that you're satisfied with is awesome.

Can't agree more! That's really cool! (H)

The feeling when you compare it so something good, goes from :rofl: over :\ to :sick:

On Topic: Never buy Behringer, never.

Whats wrong with Behringer?
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (23)
State Celebrity

Postby DJ Tropus » 13 Sep 2012, 20:39

Well I never bought one of their products but I have seen and used enough of them on conventions and stores to see that those are a cheap rebuild of high quality products. Those mixers e.g. look like the ones from Pioneer but the knobs and faders are just crap. If I'm not wrong they do weight not even half as much as the ones from pioneer. They might look like stuff from Pioneer etc but the inside is just 1/10 worth it. That's why they they cost 1/10. That's fair so far but you punchline is: you only have 1/10 the fun, sound is crap, knobs and faders break (even if you use them careful though) and the effects are just horrible :sick:

This is just for an example. Might be that other people have different opinions about Behringer but there was not a single product that I or a person I know was ever satisfied with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating here but if you're looking for some quality you should consider to not buy one of their products.
DJ Tropus (28)
Producer

Postby Neko » 14 Sep 2012, 12:03

FX's are indeed quite shitty but I learned how to use them right... I got my DJX-700 already 4 years and nothing cracked and for playing at home the sound quality is good enough.
You have to consider what you need the Behringer for... When you got gigs somewhere, behringer isn't good enough imo but for DJing at home its worth to buy it. IMO.
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (25)
Producer

Postby John Cove » 14 Sep 2012, 12:32

Pioneer, end of story.
John Cove (29)
Crab

Postby DJ Tropus » 14 Sep 2012, 13:45

John Cove:Pioneer, end of story.

That sums up my post somehow ^^
DJ Tropus (28)
Producer

Postby Statical » 23 Sep 2012, 23:37

I made the decision to focus on DJing/mixing rather than producing and am pretty happy with the choice.

I got a cheap set of Numark NDX 200s and have started making decent sets that I wouldn't be embarrassed to play live after only about 2 months of practice. I'm kinda a perfectionist, so for me it was easier to mix a set I was happy with rather than produce a track I was happy with. Because the learning curve for mixing isn't as steep as producing, I guarantee you will see results and positive feedback sooner with mixing.
Statical (25)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Brandox » 23 Sep 2012, 23:58

RapingPaper:IMO a producer is a musician, a DJ isnt. IMO DJ's do it for the fame, producers for the music.

Sry but thats a stupid statement. really... :sick:

I'm a DJ too, but i don't do it for the fame, i do it because i love music especially hardstyle and Djing is my hobby.

I use FL Studio but i can't produce a track yet, but i do my own mashups / edits and whatever and i do it also for the love of the music and when i have an idea i go to FL Studio and do it, and also for the love of the music.

Enough said...
Brandox (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Dekkaz » 24 Sep 2012, 05:10

IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

No shit it's your opinion, you wrote it.
Dekkaz
State Senior Citizen

Postby Que-Dee » 24 Sep 2012, 13:18

Dekkaz:
IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

No shit it's your opinion, you wrote it.

:rofl: xD
Que-Dee (31)
Producer

Postby Markove » 29 Sep 2012, 21:59

I started out as a DJ, but moved to producing after awhile. I haven't touch the Numark MixDeck I have in ages. I just enjoy the process of creating a track more than mixing at the moment, I guess. There are different thrills involved with each.

I think getting your mixes out to the masses is a lot harder starting as only a DJ. You need to really stand out with the accessibility of equipment nowadays. As a producer/DJ combo, the tracks you create can help land you gigs. As only a DJ, you only have how well you work the art to show.

For equipment, if you're just starting out, I would say start with a controller and go from there. Personally, I think the art of mixing needs to be mastered before one can jump onto a CDJ and beatmatch. It's cheaper that way and you can progress to better equipment later when you have more money from saving up or whatever else you do. The Numark MixDeck I have is nice since you can use the CDJ or hook it up to VDJ/Traktor. Great for learning the trade.

For anything CDJ/Mixer, I would say go with Pioneer when you can afford it. Expensive, but industry standard. If you can work a Pioneer CDJ-1000 or CDJ-2000 flawlessly, you can go to any venue and feel comfortable. For controllers, there's a lot more flexibility, but don't expect venues to have tons of those lying around.
ImageImageImage
Markove (27)
Producer

Postby R3cl41m3r » 08 Oct 2012, 05:15

DJ Tropus:The feeling when you compare it so something good, goes from :rofl: over :\ to :sick:

Well, at least when you're inexperienced....
"If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (23)
State Celebrity

Location: Australia (au) The place where everything can kill you.

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles