Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

What makes a good hardstyle set?

Postby Jonas » 05 Apr 2012, 00:30

Not quite. Industrial Hardcore is very good to mix with hardstyle :)
You also can build up from 150-200 bpm since the bpm of hardcore can vary :)
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (21)
State Hero

Postby Raver » 05 Apr 2012, 00:54

Hawl:Industrial Hardcore is very good to mix with hardstyle :)

I agree with this, when I said "this makes it more difficult to mix" I refered to what I wrote before, "there are hardcore tracks which reach even 200 bpm". :)

Lop-Sided:Scratching!! _O_

I also miss scratching in hardstyle. Back in the days, DJs like DJ Pavo used scratching very often, for example in his set he played together with Technoboy @ Hardbass 2004. For me, one of the most impressing sets ever. _O_
Raver
State Celebrity

Postby SCH » 05 Apr 2012, 16:45

Raver:
SCH:HC stretches from 145-200+...

I meant mainstyle hardcore, and I also think hawl meant it. I know that industrial tracks are sometimes at 145-150 bpm or have even less speed, and I know that there are hardcore tracks which reach even 200 bpm. But this makes it even more difficult to combine it with hardstyle, doesn't it? ;)

Doesn't that make it easier? Try mixing in tracks like Mindustries - Black, Promo - The Bad Guy or Promo ft Digital Boy - Serious Damage.. That would flow quite good!
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (26)
Producer

Postby Maximumraver » 05 Apr 2012, 20:47

SCH:
Raver:
SCH:HC stretches from 145-200+...

I meant mainstyle hardcore, and I also think hawl meant it. I know that industrial tracks are sometimes at 145-150 bpm or have even less speed, and I know that there are hardcore tracks which reach even 200 bpm. But this makes it even more difficult to combine it with hardstyle, doesn't it? ;)

Doesn't that make it easier? Try mixing in tracks like Mindustries - Black, Promo - The Bad Guy or Promo ft Digital Boy - Serious Damage.. That would flow quite good!

Art Of Fighters - Track 4
Ophidian & Tapage - The Mine
DJ Nosferatu - The Underground Stream

All these track really fit well at the end of a hardstyle set too :p Art Of Fighters - Track 4 even fits inbetween multiple hardstyle tracks if you're going for the really raw stuff, really cool :) and The Mine fits really well after Degos & Re-Done - Outside The Box :)

P.S. Serious Damage :) :fist:
Maximumraver (29)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles