Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Arkaine Q&A - Best Upcoming Artist 2011

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby Arkaine » 17 Feb 2012, 11:30

Synthsoldier:
Arkaine:We send the finished track to Scantraxx then the Music Manager is going to listen to it, he gives us some feedback and we try to improve it at the best, he only gives feedback on technical stuff, we are totally free in creativity. after that its going to be mastered and released, very simple :)

Hey again guys,

This might be kind of a dumb question but how loud are your mixdowns before they get mastered? I don't mean on a db scale but I'm really curious on how loud a track generally should be for a record label before being put through some sort of mastering process. Any sort of example or reference would be really great.

Thanks again in advance, truly appreciate what you guys are doing. :)

Important is that your mix down isn't clipping at any moment so it stays dynamic after the mastering. We usually put the master volume on -3 and that will clear all clipping. But if thats different for you you should find out yourself. :)
Arkaine (24)
Producer

Postby Arkaine » 17 Feb 2012, 18:38

ChristianHardstyle:How many time does it takes to make a track? How many hours? And you do you make the effects in your mid-intros?

The time it takes to create a track is different per track, but mostly around 20-30 hours.
What effects do you mean?
Arkaine (24)
Producer

Postby ChristianHardstyle » 17 Feb 2012, 23:08

Arkaine:
ChristianHardstyle:How many time does it takes to make a track? How many hours? And you do you make the effects in your mid-intros?

The time it takes to create a track is different per track, but mostly around 20-30 hours.

The effects like the screeches etc., i always make them with Sylenth1 but they don't sound like yours! :fist:
By the way your music is really awesome, i listen to Voice Of Desire every morning going to school!
--- Retired producer from Italy who loves reverse bass ---
Sunriser - http://www.soundcloud.com/sunriserdj
ChristianHardstyle (21)
Producer

Postby Arkaine » 18 Feb 2012, 03:45

ChristianHardstyle:
Arkaine:

The effects like the screeches etc., i always make them with Sylenth1 but they don't sound like yours! :fist:
By the way your music is really awesome, i listen to Voice Of Desire every morning going to school!

Nearly every sound you hear in our tracks is from Sylent1. Voice of desire is another story, the intro sounds are made from heavily distorded vocals ;) there is no limit in making sounds, as it sounds good it is good it doesn't matter how you made it.
Last edited by Arkaine on 18 Feb 2012, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Arkaine (24)
Producer

Postby visionone » 18 Feb 2012, 09:45

how do you make mid-intros not sound empty? and advice on making mid-intro sounds?
visionone
State Outsider

Postby Arkaine » 18 Feb 2012, 14:04

visionone:how do you make mid-intros not sound empty? and advice on making mid-intro sounds?

I think a good intro needs more than 1 sound, you need a main-sound and a sublayer to fill the gaps.
And a good mid-intro leads to the upcoming climax, so it needs to fit with the melody.
Arkaine (24)
Producer

Postby Crankx » 18 Feb 2012, 21:19

You said earlier, that you did most of the productions, and sometimes you meet all 3 of you, to finish the projects. What do you think about the future ? Might ending up going Solo at some point or ?

Or maybe some sideprojects on another alias all by yourself ?
"Worrying is stupid, it's like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain" - Wiz Khalifa
Crankx (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Crankx » 18 Feb 2012, 21:23

Another question:

Which hardware do you use ? Studio Monitors, Midi keyboard etc ?
"Worrying is stupid, it's like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain" - Wiz Khalifa
Crankx (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Arkaine » 19 Feb 2012, 04:14

Crankx:You said earlier, that you did most of the productions, and sometimes you meet all 3 of you, to finish the projects. What do you think about the future ? Might ending up going Solo at some point or ?

Or maybe some sideprojects on another alias all by yourself ?

I can't predict the future :P but i think this formula just works good for us so we keep on doing it like this. And i don't think i am ever going to be solo, my brother is everywhere together with me :)
Arkaine (24)
Producer

Postby Arkaine » 19 Feb 2012, 04:15

Crankx:Another question:

We have the KRK RP8 monitors and we use a midi-controller, but i don't really know the brand haha it just has lots of keys to play on :P We don't use other hardware :)
Arkaine (24)
Producer

Postby The Jakkiz » 19 Feb 2012, 13:44

Yo guys!
I'm sure you guys don't remember me, but i was home @Adrenalize one day and we skype cam together with you guys! =)!

But my question is, The Jakkhammer.. Was that Casper or Koen? ^^
The Jakkiz
State Newcomer

Postby Shadow Interaction » 19 Feb 2012, 16:20

Arkaine:

We have the KRK RP8 monitors and we use a midi-controller, but i don't really know the brand haha it just has lots of keys to play on :P We don't use other hardware :)

ever thought about gettin a virus?
Shadow Interaction (30)
Producer

Postby Arkaine » 19 Feb 2012, 23:39

The Jakkiz:Yo guys!
I'm sure you guys don't remember me, but i was home @Adrenalize one day and we skype cam together with you guys! =)!

But my question is, The Jakkhammer.. Was that Casper or Koen? ^^

We were The Jakkhammer together, but we didn't make a lot of tracks,. more midi-files :P
Arkaine (24)
Producer

Postby Arkaine » 19 Feb 2012, 23:39

Pithune:
Arkaine:

ever thought about gettin a virus?

We want to buy a virus in the future, we have worked with it already, but our pc can't handle it atm xD
Arkaine (24)
Producer

Postby atomicoz » 20 Feb 2012, 00:59

1 week and 10k views later, it's over. Big thanks to Arkaine for taking time to answer all of the questions! :)

Locking it now but it's still readable here in the interview section of course
atomicoz (29)
Founder