Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Theracords Q&A #2: Wavolizer

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby Kedde » 18 Dec 2011, 17:30

GolGotha:Where's my pony? :'(

I believe it ran away before it was delivered. Blame the post office.

:pacman:
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby Subject Zero » 18 Dec 2011, 17:39

Kedde:but I do dream of being able to live from the music that I make.

Ahh i see a potential question here. Do you think you will become a full time producer/DJ? I'm guessing that right now education comes first :P
Subject Zero (25)
State Hero

Postby Kedde » 18 Dec 2011, 18:34

Only the future can tell. I'd surely hope so, but for now I am keeping it safe by studying. I figured, if I had to study something it would be to become a teacher - hopefully a music and English teacher. It would be nice to be able to teach the kids about different types of music :p So that's my plan after I am done with my current school. :)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby Lop-Sided » 18 Dec 2011, 18:36

What introduced you to the world of producing and DJing in the first place and did you think that you would become successful in the end? :)

Also, could you give a word of advice to our fellow noob producers and djs? :+
Trance producer/Radio Show Host at 90.3FM KDVS
Check out my tuneessssss, broooooo!! http://www.soundcloud.com/sashavanlaur
Lop-Sided
State Celebrity

Postby Kedde » 18 Dec 2011, 20:03

Lop-Sided:What introduced you to the world of producing and DJing in the first place

Well if you consider Rave Ejay as producing, then it was the local library back in 1999 :p But seriously I don't know. I remember my brother showed me this danish music website where upcoming bands showed of their stuff (a danish version of myspace, but actually much better :p ) back in 2005/2006. I started talking to some producers like Mads/Squarehead and some dance producers thanks to this website. At this point I started to grow an interest for making music again, since I was really bored of the limitations of Dance Ejay 3 which I used until 2004 I believe. Mads gave me a lot of knowledge and in mid-2007 I finally started to take producing much more serious than I used to. :) So that's basically how it all started.
Djing I don't remember much of either, but I believe I tried some dj software back in 2005 as well. It taught me a lot about structure of tracks but eventually would be boring since I hungered for real gear - especially after I watched videos from Sensation Black 2005 and Qlimax 2003. In 2007 (or 2008?) I bought my first cheap numark gear. However I wasn't satisfied so I quickly returned them and bought Pioneer CDJ-400s, which was a huge challenge at first to use, but so much fun :)

Lop-Sided:did you think that you would become successful in the end? :)

Hmm no I don't think so. I sure wanted to, but I never knew I would get this much interest and knowledge about music overall :)

Lop-Sided:Also, could you give a word of advice to our fellow noob producers and djs? :+

Noob is not a nice word, so I rather say upcoming ;)
Well just believe in yourself. Don't try to sound like everyone else - however stay open for critism, especially from experienced producers and djs. :)
Kedde (24)
Producer

Postby Lop-Sided » 18 Dec 2011, 20:09

^ Thanks for the reply, mate! :D
Trance producer/Radio Show Host at 90.3FM KDVS
Check out my tuneessssss, broooooo!! http://www.soundcloud.com/sashavanlaur
Lop-Sided
State Celebrity

Postby atomicoz » 19 Dec 2011, 00:46

Thanks for answering the questions Kedde! :D 4 pages of delicious stuff

Going to lock it now, next Q&A with Phrantic up in a few

Theracords Q&A series