Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Theracords Q&A #1: Geck-o

Read interviews with hardstyle artists

Postby Neko » 11 Dec 2011, 18:52

Geck-o:To me it seems you are assuming that Theracords fans hate mainstream. That is a bad assumption that I don't like to see, as one does not exclude the other at all.

Well, maybe its wrong but I really do think so, maybe I got this assumption only from a few topics here in the forum. Hope that these are an exception though. :)
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (25)
Producer

Postby Maximumraver » 11 Dec 2011, 19:12

Geck-o:To me it seems you are assuming that Theracords fans hate mainstream. That is a bad assumption that I don't like to see, as one does not exclude the other at all.

Agreed. As a Theracords fan I'd like to say this to the people that think that:

I am one of the people that loves Theracords, but also enjoys mainstream a lot, I think Wildstylez & Brennan Heart - Lose My Mind and The Pitcher - I Just Can't Stop (for example) are awesome tracks :) But so are Geck-e - Technoir and DizZorder ft R-Tillary - Vampires Dream (for example). There are definitely people who prefer one style over the other, but not everyone ;)

Broad taste ftw :)
Maximumraver (29)
Producer

Postby arder-arderstyle » 11 Dec 2011, 19:39

Are you planing an album anytime soon?. Your one of the artists that could pull it off!
(Early Hardstyle)
arder-arderstyle (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Jonas » 11 Dec 2011, 21:25

What's the funniest and the worst thing that you've experienced as DJ? :)
Love your music, respect man :D
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (20)
State Hero

Postby Geck-o » 11 Dec 2011, 21:33

Brandox:I hear a lot of good tracks from you and most of them with a good old reverse bass, like "Gatty - As It Appeared (Geck-O Remix), Morten Berg & LuLu-E - Here We Go (Geck-O Oldskool Remix) or TNT - First Match 2011 (Geck-O Remix)"

My question is, do you prefer the oldschoolsound in your tracks ? :)

I love diversity. So one time it's oldschool, the other time mainstream, raw, experimental or whatever ;) I like it all!
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 11 Dec 2011, 21:37

arder-arderstyle:Are you planing an album anytime soon?. Your one of the artists that could pull it off!

No concrete plans.

But I think it's a very interesting concept. It gives you the opportunity to put a lot of effort and promotion in one project. It brings you more to the pop music way of working, so producing an album and then promoting and touring with it.

For now it feels more natural to work with separate releases for me, but we'll see :)
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby ceero » 11 Dec 2011, 21:49

Okay my mate got some trouble with login here, so i will put his question here for him :)

What about tracks like Smasher or Alliance? Are you planning to produce something simillar in the future ? I'm really missing this sound nowadays.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Geck-o » 11 Dec 2011, 22:08

Hawl:What's the funniest and the worst thing that you've experienced as DJ? :)

Hard to think of...
But a funny one was when playing with Thera in Scotland, they all started shouting "are you looking?" randomly in the silent break of Do The Happy Face haha, was really cool to see people know the tunes.

And the worst thing. Hmm well something that sucked was a gig somewhere in a weird corner of NL, where there was almost no audience and the audience there didnt come for my music :P hahaha

Hawl:Love your music, respect man :D

Thanks! ;D
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby Geck-o » 11 Dec 2011, 22:13

ceero:What about tracks like Smasher or Alliance? Are you planning to produce something simillar in the future ? I'm really missing this sound nowadays.

Well a question a producer really doesn't like to get is "when will you produce something like ... again?" :p

I just produce whatever I feel like making and where the inspirational flow takes me... I love those tracks but I don't know if I'll ever make something like it again. Just wait and see :P
Geck-o (28)
Producer

Postby icey » 11 Dec 2011, 22:21

Geck-o:
ceero:I just produce whatever I feel like making and where the inspirational flow takes me... I love those tracks but I don't know if I'll ever make something like it again. Just wait and see :P

Didn't wanna hear that :'(

'Smasher' is by far your best track and 'Alliance' is another masterpiece too. People who love old-style tend to like alot of your tracks mate because you do have alot with that influence. Please always remember that your music is in a genre called 'HARDstyle' so remember most want Hard(proper Hard) :) Obviously you know that dude :p
icey (30)
State Hero

Postby arder-arderstyle » 11 Dec 2011, 22:48

The whole alliance ep is great alliance, mindless, and torture _O_ :dance:
(Early Hardstyle)
arder-arderstyle (27)
State Celebrity

Postby atomicoz » 12 Dec 2011, 00:56

Gonna lock this one now, thanks for taking the time for the Q&A Geck-o :) Lots of interesting questions and answers

Next Q&A up in a few minutes!

Theracords Q&A series
#1 Geck-o
#2 Wavolizer
#3 Phrantic
#4 Catatonic Overload
#5 Thera
atomicoz (29)
Founder